2009 American Sports Car Sales Graph

F

FrgMstr

You must be registered for see images attach

I was surfing around and found this chart at GoodCarBadCar.net. I thought it was interesting as it is the first graphical representation I have seen of our how exclusive Vipers are. Already knew it, just had not seen it graphed. Pretty cool.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate Mustangs(like older ones tho). I'm glad to see the pie chart like that. Just means our Viper's will remain rare as they've always been and always will be. :2tu:

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder where the numbers came from... I thought 2009 Viper production was 706 total? Must be the "USA-specific sales" designation that's responsible, although I would be surprised to find that only 68% of '09 Vipers were sold domestically.

I love that pie chart. It's the reason most of us are here, I'd bet...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder where the numbers came from... I thought 2009 Viper production was 706 total? Must be the "USA-specific sales" designation that's responsible, although I would be surprised to find that only 68% of '09 Vipers were sold domestically.

I love that pie chart. It's the reason most of us are here, I'd bet...

Seems odd but if they mean actual sales in 2009 could be close.
I bought my '09 in '10 I guess a lot of people did.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It truly has us owners in a very small niche market. I love that fact that it is hard to see a Viper on the street everyday.

Bruce

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the rarity too, but I don't understand one thing about it, why are there so much more people out there buying vette's, it can't be cause they think it's more cool, so it has to be the price...the difference isn't this big is it?

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the rarity too, but I don't understand one thing about it, why are there so much more people out there buying vette's, it can't be cause they think it's more cool, so it has to be the price...the difference isn't this big is it?

I've always wondered that too, but most of the time, at least from feedback I've gotten from people when I've stressed my curiosity on why so many people would spend their money on vettes or even mustangs(no idea why) over buying a Viper. The reason normally is because people would rather buy a newer car. Most Viper's that are in good/great condition wouldn't be too far off from buying a new mustang or at least a 5-6 year old vette. A lot of people, at least from my experience say they don't want to buy a 10-15 year old car and deal with problems. Little do they know tho, that the Viper is an extremely reliable car and tough as anything. I'm glad people think this way, just means our cars are that much more rare and keeps our club exclusive, the way it should be :)

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am I the only one noticing that the number of people who bought Challengers are exactly the same amount of people who purchased Corvettes?

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one noticing that the number of people who bought Challengers are exactly the same amount of people who purchased Corvettes?

I noticed that too, and I think it is Dodge's "Corvette". All the older midlife crisis people get the Challenger and Corvette and the young hip guys get the Camaro and Mustang. And the few unlucky guys with small... got the Vipers. =P

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats so cool. I love having somthing differant. Not a fan of mainstream stuff.

Hey, since we are a minority by owning Vipers, do you think we could get some tax breaks or some goverment handouts :lmao:

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was my second reason for buying the car. The first is the performance.[media]http://forums.viperclub.org/images/smilies/drive.gif[/media]

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, the Viper has always been my favorite car. One of the reasons for it's rarity, for being a domestic car, other then the Ford GT it is of course the most Exotic. Also, performance wise, puts it at the top with all the high-end exotics out there. Every time someone see's mine they are amazed, it is truly a beautiful thing :2tu:

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also question the production number of 482 in the Sports car sales graph.
Viper production provided by Viper Magazine in there Spring 2010 edition for the 2009 year was 659.. I am a proud owner of one in 58 Red Roadsters made.

41% of 2009 Vipers were unique 1 of 1 vehicles.:D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes limited production is very good news especially for the long haul.

Not only because of value but just to have a car more rare.

Also since society is going "Green" and electronic stability, traction, handling systems and posh ammenities are being forced into every performance car, the Viper is kinda analagous to the end of the 60's era muscle cars.

A total of 300 Gen 3 Copperheads were made in 2005. I have #54 with a Built All Motor.

I have wondered occasionally how many Proffesionally Built All Motor Copperheads are out there?

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was my second reason for buying the car. The first is the performance.[media]http://forums.viperclub.org/images/smilies/drive.gif[/media]

I have to say the same!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep.

2009 Corvette Coupe listed retail price $47,045 invoice $42,105.
Convertible $51,700 invoice $46.272.
Z06 $72,405 invoice $64,802
ZR1 $102,450 invoice $94,254.

2009 Viper $85,000
ACR $97,000

New 2009 Chevy Corvette Invoice Price, Pictures And Features | ZR1 Z06
2009 Dodge Viper ACR Spits Venom at Nurburgring

Dodge doesn't want to sell 20,000 Vipers anyway because it will screw up their CAFE requirements.

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunatly living in the UK makes them even rarer, think ive seen 2 in my life and i had to go to the auto show to see one of them.

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, currently struggling to insure my little hatchback. but am planning on getting one for my mid-life crisis :)
gunna start saving now :)

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score

A base vette is half the price of a Viper....

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only Vipers I've seen so far in my area has been mine and Mutts02GTS. I like it that way.

I have a Mustang also for a grocery getter, and I hate that no matter where I park, there seems to be another 1 somewhere in the parking lot.

I'm also forced to see 2 Corvettes that seem to always leave base while going on base. Then have to pass 3 of them just to get to my building.

It made it a real easy decision for me between Viper or Vette.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a Viper at my last base a new 08 with a really old short guy driving. There is a GenII RT/10 here in Korea, I was shocked... haha

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
41% of 2009 Vipers were unique 1 of 1 vehicles.:D[/QUOTE]

Anyone have a list of this 41% for 2009? this includes interior and option choices not just paint schemes right?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang