2014 Corvette

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough with the back and forth personal attacks. PM each other and straighten it out offline.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say they did do some work on it and it does have a few things that look good.

But on the overall, I am glad I am a Viper guy. I find the Vette very GM.....don't get me wrong, that is a good thing. But I am not a fan of GM styles.... so that doesn't appeal to me.

And lets keep it clean guys! We all know better!

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think both the Corvette and the NSX look very high tech and right for this day and age. I think both will pull in a younger generation, which is a good thing. I love the NSX for the Tech/Hybrid/Electric side of the Supercar equation. My Gen3 Viper is all I need for a GAS burning monster engined vehicle. If I were to buy another sports car, it would have to be partially electric - time to join the future. I don't mind change in this case.

V

VCA Forum Staff

OK Folks....

We have cleaned up yet another Vette thread. Enough of the personal attacks already. Discussions and comparisons of the two cars are a given, but there is no need for the language and attacks.

- The VCA Forum Staff

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Folks....

We have cleaned up yet another Vette thread. Enough of the personal attacks already. Discussions and comparisons of the two cars are a given, but there is no need for the language and attacks.

- The VCA Forum Staff

"VCA Staff" ... the new Traction Control for threads. :D

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough with the back and forth personal attacks. PM each other and straighten it out offline.

Bob,

Practice what you preach....you absolutely killed another thread with your childish back and forth accusations and pointless 'I'm right and you are wrong' with 1BADGTS

It would be really refreshing if conversations would just go back to being about the cars.

Matt

sonofadragracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had some Vette Buddies that was at the unveiling last night..they said this car is completely BADA$$ looking in person.
Super light weight components through out. "The car should really move" was the words that was used. Some other info. I'm getting from other
GM connections is the ZO6 will now be called the ZO7, it will be lighter than the current C6 ZO6. Engine will be 5.5L in the 650HP Range.
C7 ZR1 will be the same ref the C6 ZR1 and w/a S/C Version of the 6.2 or 5.5L coming in around 700HP. Both will be more aggressively styled w/enhanced body components.
Flared fenders etc.
Looks to me like GM has done their homework.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To some extent, you are correct and I apologize for that. But if you examine the posts carefully, you will see that each did contain substantive data. I would edit what you said below to make the reference to the perpetrators plural. Plus 1BADGTS was wrong. LOL.

Back to the subject matter of this thread. I agree with Mr. Lutz. I think the rivalry between the Vette people at GM and the SRT people at Chrysler is healthy competition. Both sides are motivated to produce exceptional cars. The 2014 Vette, as I posted above, is a mean looking piece. And the retest, which will be soon, will show that ours is a bit more exceptional than their current ZR1 on a road course when properly tested. As for the future when their new performance edition comes out, we will have to stay tuned, or should I say calibrated, and wait and see what SRT produces for the ACR version.

Bob,

Practice what you preach....you absolutely killed another thread with your childish back and forth accusations and pointless 'I'm right and you are wrong' with 1BADGTS

It would be really refreshing if conversations would just go back to being about the cars.

Matt

Last edited:

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had some Vette Buddies that was at the unveiling last night..they said this car is completely BADA$$ looking in person.
Super light weight components through out. "The car should really move" was the words that was used. Some other info. I'm getting from other
GM connections is the ZO6 will now be called the ZO7, it will be lighter than the current C6 ZO6. Engine will be 5.5L in the 650HP Range.
C7 ZR1 will be the same ref the C6 ZR1 and w/a S/C Version of the 6.2 or 5.5L coming in around 700HP. Both will be more aggressively styled w/enhanced body components.
Flared fenders etc.

Wow sounds fantastic!
I heard that CC brakes like on the ZR1 will be standard on the next Z06 too..

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad we are back on track here and I'm sorry to all for getting annoyed with Roy-something earlier and venting a bit. A stressful day in the office compounded by someone uneccesarily pushing your buttons can sometimes do that to you.....

On another note, when are they supposed to be re-testing the production Viper with the better seats and potentially improved lap times? I'm curious to see what a difference the production version ends up making if any compared to the preproduction models that have been tested so far. If Sonofradragracer is right about the C7 Z07 on the horizon pushing 650 horses with wider modified bodywork, then sign me up for one of them as well! Hopefully that's at least a couple years away though so I have a chance to warm the wife up to the idea of me getting yet another toy to play with. One thing I know for sure is that my 1 year old son is going to love growing up with these life size toys in the garage, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he ends up being a car guy too.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flared fenders etc.

I had heard that they may be bringing back the L88 name rather than the ZR1. Did they mention anything like that? Perhaps it would stand above the ZR1. An ACR of sorts...

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lowered with HREs..
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is very exoctic looking for a GM vehicle. Good for them for stepping out. The C6 Vette looked good but was a little to plain. They fixed that up for sure. (Still hate the backend--maybe in person it will look better)

One thing I do know is I won't have one... My wife has gotten tired of a different sports/muscle car every year. I am stuck (good or bad) with my new 2012 retro Challenger/Cuda SRT-8... More mods coming soon--hopefully a supercharger.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are absolutely right and I'm done. Just was getting really frustrating having a trouble maker like that trying to ruin what was a normal thread beforehand. In the future it will be ignore all to someone like that.

Yes, I am going to ignore the trouble maker also.....HAPPY VIPERING!

sonofadragracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow sounds fantastic!
I heard that CC brakes like on the ZR1 will be standard on the next Z06 too..
Brembo's on the standard C7 and the CC's will be on the next ZO6 (ZO7)

I had heard that they may be bringing back the L88 name rather than the ZR1. Did they mention anything like that? Perhaps it would stand above the ZR1. An ACR of sorts...
The L88 ref. wasn't mentioned during the conversation Mak, but anything is possible. I'm told the "Big Motor Cars" will not be out for two years, because GM does not want to undercut the Market for the C7. They wanna sell as many as possible. I was told the ZO7 should be debuting Fall of next year. Then the ZR1/L88 etc. in 2015.

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice shots without the top...
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interesting part about those convertible shots, which are purported to not be real, is the air vents on the side are gone. I assume because of the convertible mechanism.

If this is the real vert, they could lose that little 2 foot spoiler and clean up that hatch a little. Overall though, looks REALLY nice. Not much else in that price range.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C7 looks rather good. Has more character than the C6 before. I'll have to see one in person to make a final judgement, but overall they've managed a solid package.

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rear lights look like afterburners on a fighter jet....

Sabera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowered with HREs..

Best angle yet =). I really like the front of the car but the rear is just... People will still confuse the vette & the viper with the shape of those headlights though.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I didn't notice until V10enomous' post that there is a color and wheel configurator at the very bottom of the Chevy webpage, under SPECS. Many nice combinations.

I see they have wisely avoided stripes, circumventing the question whether the stripes should go all the way to the bumper or not... major controversy.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the tail lights either way but I hope they change them just to see what else the whiners will complain about:rolleyes: