2016 SRT Power Window Issue!

Briang70

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I’m new to this platform. I just got a 2016 SRT with 4K miles on it. Now I’m having issues with the power windows they work”randomly” but after some troubleshooting I kinda found what’s going on. Basically windows go up and down no issues then after the car idles or drive for mins windows stop working. Now, if I disconnect the battery for few seconds and connect it again windows will work again in Accessory Mode then when I start the car after a minute then they stop working. I never seen anything like this before.
Any advice Please!!!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That's pretty wild. Almost sounds like the BCM is either losing connection or maybe thinks the windows are all the way up or down already and not letting them move.

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
These cars have a hinky wire loom traveling through the door. On my car I had an issue with the doors intermittently working, not working, then not working at all. It was a broken wire in the loom. There are a lot of wires in that loom and any of them can be shorting on you. I would check that loom before spending any money. Side note, this first happened under warranty and the dealer told me it was a faulty EEM. I found his shoddy work, (wire splice) the next time it happened. Also note, once found, it was an easy fix.

Attachments

• P1010881.JPG
    P1010881.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 8