800HP V10 crate engine, 650HP bolt-on kit for Gen III's, announced today

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! Cool to see them still putting out stuff for the gen 3's.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how plug and play the replacement motor is and what the pricing will be like for the swap?

OP
OP
S

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm betting the crate motor will be big bucks, $30k+, but who knows, maybe not?

I hope the 650HP Gen III package comes in under $10k, seems like heads/intake manifold/throttle body/injectoirs/PCM should be do-able for under that pricetag. That's an amazing setup, can't wait to see the dyno numbers for that package too.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Electric water pump and no AC compressor help the 8.4L hit 800HP.But wonder what else they use to get it to that number?

pvo_pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is what I received from my friend who's a parts manager at one of the dealerships up here...

The part numbers don’t work yet but I can see at least $30,000 even at your cost :)

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mother of God. This leaves GM 502s and 572s in the dust. Looks like Mopar is really catering to the tuner/racing crowd.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the 650HP Gen III package comes in under $10k, seems like heads/intake manifold/throttle body/injectoirs/PCM should be do-able for under that pricetag. That's an amazing setup, can't wait to see the dyno numbers for that package too.

Heads, intake, tb, injectors, pcm and gaskets have to be ALOT under $10K... Oh, Viper owners are all rich so I forgot the Viper Tax. :omg:

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was some talk of a Supercharger package for the Gen 3 as well ? Hope it comes to fruition ! :2tu: :)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heads, intake, tb, injectors, pcm and gaskets have to be ALOT under $10K... Oh, Viper owners are all rich so I forgot the Viper Tax. :omg:

Agree why the hell wouldn't I just slap on a Paxton. Price will be important for this package for me.

OP
OP
S

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This seriously makes me want to buy a Gen III way more now. If it maintains the Gen III's low-end torque, and makes more power than the Gen IV stock motor, combined with the mechanical throttle, I think I'd love the Gen III 650HP setup more than a Gen IV with a full exhaust at the same power levels.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am speechless. Never would I have imagined a manufacturer to release such a significant upgrade for a vehicle that's soon to be 2 generations old. The Mopar gods have answered my prayers! Where do I get in line???

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, am I still reading this correctly, it does NOT come with a camshaft? Am I wrong to think a CC cam, along with headers and full exhaust, should put your around 700 flywheel horsepower??

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
What I noticed was this line "It may be another year or two before the next-generation Dodge Viper comes rumbling in, all 8.7 litres of it. ". I wonder if they are just repeating what the other on-line magazine said a couple of weeks ago.?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because this will run strong for more than ten minutes at a time.

Lol I completely agree and understand I've owned blower cars in the past. Mostly just wishful thinking because I really want it affordable so I can install it in the garage:)

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Add a cam and full exhaust, should make for about 700 ponies. Timing couldn't have been better for me. Can't friggin wait.

So, am I still reading this correctly, it does NOT come with a camshaft? Am I wrong to think a CC cam, along with headers and full exhaust, should put your around 700 flywheel horsepower??

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I noticed was this line "It may be another year or two before the next-generation Dodge Viper comes rumbling in, all 8.7 litres of it. ".

I wonder if the Gen V ACR will be 8.7l and all others will be 8.4l :dunno: Just remember hearing the ACR will be a year or two behind the release of the first Gen V's.

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I noticed was this line "It may be another year or two before the next-generation Dodge Viper comes rumbling in, all 8.7 litres of it. ". I wonder if they are just repeating what the other on-line magazine said a couple of weeks ago.?

Yep, they seem to be reusing the rumor. Although this one may be a little more concrete than the others

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Add a cam and full exhaust, should make for about 700 ponies. Timing couldn't have been better for me. Can't friggin wait.

I have a hard time believing there will be a 150 hp bump with a set of heads, intake and throttle body. Assuming parasitic losses stay the same, we'd be looking at 560RWHP with this setup, and I don't know of any stock cam SRT10s making that kind of power. If this is true though, it'll certainly be a hell of an upgrade, bringing GenIII engine performance up to that of a GenIV.

Excited for details.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar always comes up with some really cool stuff, but it's typically very very expensive. It almost makes me think it's a marketing ploy. Pitch some goodies that are too good to be true, price them so high that you really never have to produce them, but you can claim availabillity. Turn key 572 GM engines can be had for 14K all day long. We'll see if I'm just Mr. Negative. I can't wait to see the pricing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth