92R/T will not run.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You indicate that your '92 DOES start, but will not run. I suspect it runs for 1.5 seconds, and then acts like it 'runs out of gas'. That's becasue it DOES run out of gas. The alarm module (EEU) thinks the car was stolen, and cuts off fuel.

Now that your battery is charged and assumed good, (assumed by the fact it starts) you should be able to reset the EEU:

Use the fob to turn alarm off.
Disconnect the battery underhood for about 5 minutes.
Then reconnect.

See if it starts.

If not, your fob and EEU may unfortunately need to be reprogrammed a dealer.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the above are good suggestions and have worked for me in the past but this may be the "Jeff Young Problem". He tried everything to get his 94 to run and finally found that his fuse # 7 (25 amp) was bruned out. It supplies power to the remote entry receiver and also controls the cigarette lighter. If your lighter is not working this could be it. You should also check fuse # 8 (5 amp) which provides the ignition feed to the receiver.
Hope this helps, please let us know what solved your problem.

jim93rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my 93. in the service manual there are instructions how to reprogram the alarm system. if i remember correctly there is a green wire under the dash that has to be grounded, ign on and press the key fabobs you need both remotes i'll try to see if i can find my notes