A local VCA member became a real man over the weekend. Pics

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am just messing with Shandon.

Shandon came over and wanted to help with his Viper work. Had fun with him! I think he did alright after he figured out that turning the bolt to the right wasn't loosing it, he did well. I did have to convince him that using an adjustable wrench on all the bolts wasn't the best solution. :rolaugh:

We changed out his motor mounts and removed his transmission to change his clutch. Thanks again Shandon for making my weekend fun!

You must be registered for see images

This picture cracks me up. Here he is taking out the pilot bearing and for some reason he reminds me of a Japanese cartoon. lol!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just messing with Shandon.

Shandon came over and wanted to help with his Viper work. Had fun with him! I think he did alright after he figured out that turning the bolt to the right wasn't loosing it, he did well. I did have to convince him that using an adjustable wrench on all the bolts wasn't the best solution. :rolaugh:

We changed out his motor mounts and removed his transmission to change his clutch. Thanks again Shandon for making my weekend fun!

This picture cracks me up. Here he is taking out the pilot bearing and for some reason he reminds me of a Japanese cartoon. lol!

If I may be so bold as to make the obvious more so. I only see pics of me doing all the work? Is that an Asian thing?:lmao:

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes Shandon it's an Asian thing. Asian man makes white boy work hard and me being a typical Asian with camera in hand. White man does the work and white man pays Asian man money to watch. lol! I think I got another white guy by the name of Jason to do the same thing. LOL!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This was posed for but he did get me a few times just to remind me that he was the King Viper Mechanic! Adam is a great guy!

Awe you know that picture wasn't posed for! Shandon used all his might and still had a hard time pulling out a little ole pilot bearing.:rolaugh:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was posed for but he did get me a few times just to remind me that he was the King Viper Mechanic! Adam is a great guy!

hey! you're supposed to be changing out suspension and bleeding your brakes, not that kinda stuff:lmao:

that looks like a great way to spend a day, very kewl.

see you at Mid OH in a few weeks!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey! you're supposed to be changing out suspension and bleeding your brakes, not that kinda stuff:lmao:

that looks like a great way to spend a day, very kewl.

see you at Mid OH in a few weeks!

Yea I did that already Leslie (fresh Pads, brake bleed and moton psi adjustments). Adam had a weekend open and I had to take it! That stuff we did was outside of my comfort zone to do on my own. Now I have to break in this clutch before the track and this weeks weather is looking awesome for just that:D See you at the Track.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I got another white guy by the name of Jason to do the same thing. LOL!

True story! Shandon you should have looked at the thread about my adventure at Adam's house last year and you would have thought twice about signing up to work on your car there! :rolaugh:

Some painful memories of that weekend....

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Stretch, I'll bet Ron can't wait to get some photos of you reprogramming your key fobs...Big "tuna" are few and far between here these days,...apparently no shortage in KY!! :)

On a serious note, good to here you guys are keeping Adam busy!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh oh. Got some bad news for you. You're gonna have to take it all apart and do it over. You installed the clutch upside-down.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I did that already Leslie (fresh Pads, brake bleed and moton psi adjustments). Adam had a weekend open and I had to take it! That stuff we did was outside of my comfort zone to do on my own. Now I have to break in this clutch before the track and this weeks weather is looking awesome for just that:D See you at the Track.

very kewl, bet it drives like a new car!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stretch, I'll bet Ron can't wait to get some photos of you reprogramming your key fobs...Big "tuna" are few and far between here these days,...apparently no shortage in KY!! :)

On a serious note, good to here you guys are keeping Adam busy!!!

Thanks for the reminder Steve, I need to get that ordered. As I recall there is some climbing under the dash involved so I'm sure that'll be fun considering I'm 6'3". Need to get those alligator clip to ground thingies though :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala