ACR in Motor Trend

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Denver, the majority of car guys of all makes are true car guys too. At the C&C type of events, you get a lot of very high end car owners talking and admiring cars of all years, makes and models. Yes, if a Ferrari owner wants to buy a Ferrari, they buy it because it is a Ferrari. Same with Porsche, Aston, etc. Even the two Spyker owners here just love cars of all types, both bought their Spykers because they wanted something different, not because they were super fast. At these events, the guys and gals really liked my Gen III Coupe. It was the car getting the most photos. The guys rolling up in a new FF or 458, would be asking if people could take pictures of them and their son or daughter by the car. A lot of people wanted that.

Respect for Viper is there and much better than most will probably realize. I attend these events at times in the Saleen S351R Speedster and people go crazy over the paint as it changes 17 different colors. They also love to see how we were able to get 579 rwhp and 641 rwlbs out of the blown 408 here at altitude (above 6000 ft). Almost all are car lovers and respect for ingenuity and clean, smart looking classy modifications is prevalent. I can tell you stopping by the Ferrari of Denver dealership from time to time, they and a number of high end car owners here absolutely LOVE the new Gen V. The comments were, it is plenty fast enough for them and the interior is absolutely amazing. They would not buy it instead of their Ferrari but they WILL buy it to complement their Ferrari. Kind of like a wife you love and respect (Ferrari) and a hot mistress who does crazy stuff for you because you simply ask (Viper). Funny how some of these people talk. My point is the respect is there even if their is not solely because of performance numbers.

The only owners, and not all of them but a much higher percentage, that hold a chip on their shoulders or are plain arrogant A-holes are the newer z06 and ZR1 owners. They park taking up 2 or 3 spots, they park way away from everyone else and they are just not very welcoming if approached. The regular Vette owners seem to be okay and are just happy to own a sports car. They also always comment complimentary on the Viper. Don't know if it is something about higher models that get people's heads swelling but that's what I have seen here over the past decade attending theses events. Yes the GS, Z06 and ZR1 cars are special too and very fast but I would not buy one because of the company the vast majority of these model owners keep. I hate elitism and arrogance, none respectful people. These guys may turn their own wrenches (but I doubt it) however they are not real car guys IMHO.

ACR will be special in the future, so will a future blown Viper street model with a smaller V10 if Ralph and crew turn one out. ACR will be very special and will probably not have bigger or more powerful motor. It will have lightened load, areo and something no other Viper will have, a paddle tranny. Makes sense to have something special to each model. ACR may only come in paddle tranny only as SRT said they will produce a track model as well. Ask yourself, why do that when ACR is a track car? SRT proved it could quickly produce an ACR and ACR convertible in record time itch wind tunnel. That does not take multiple years to do initially. There is something else holding back, like the paddle tranny.

Blown Street Viper could be more a drag special, light to light. Bursts of power not endurance. Who knows but their are all kinds of possibilities for Viper to appeal to more people, but keep heritage alive, yet produce in relatively small numbers.

We will see but we have car guys running the company (Fiat and SRT) and that is reassuring enough. Can't say the same for GMC. There is no disputing those facts. ACR will be respectful. Gen V is respectful right now. Most car magazines, especially Motor Trend are not. They are part of the problem in the car hobby. Just trash! No better than National Enquirer where everything is shock value reporting with only a hint of realism.

Last edited:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Colo, we have Spyker owner at our C&C as well. He also owns a F-California, and a 911 Turbo, among other things. Nicest guy you'd want to meet, and loves all cars. 458 owners as well. I'm not the only Viper that attends our C&C, and we have a lot of fun on our drives. 430 Scud, 458, 575, 911 - my Gen 3 hangs with all of them, it's only my driving that holds me back.

You made an excellent point. If the guy is only buying ONE car, he's probably not going to take a Gen 5 over the 458 (I would, LOL, but that's me), assuming money no obect, but he WILL buy one to add to his collection. Previously, he may not hav considered Viper (or Vette) at all.

Borrom line, we live in an amazing time for performance cars. 99% of us can't even drive the older versions to their potential. I can't justify (nor afford!) the upgrade to a Gen4, because I can't even drive my Gen3 to anywhere near it's limit. I think we need to be thankful that we have SO many choices from so many automakers.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An ACR vs ZR1 is NOT apples to apples. The ACR is a streetlegal racer while the ZR1 is a GT car with track capability. They are not in the same category. The G5 GTS vs ZR1 is apples to apples as both are in the same category. If SRT has to wait for a racer in the ACR to beat a GT car(ZR1) around a track because their GT car(GTS) can't handle it then that's utterly pathetic IMHO. And judging from how Ralph and SRT responded to the beatdown the G5 GTS got at the hands of the old ZR1 I think it's safe to say they feel the way I do too hence they are doing something about that.

Also Chorps the Gen IV Viper coupe beat the C6 Z06 both around the track and in a straight line. They didnt need the ACR to beat the Z06.Im not sure where you got that from. The ACR just whooped the Z06 even more when it came out.

How is the ACR a street legal race car and the ZR1 is not?

-The ACR uses the same engine as every 4th gen viper. The ZR1 uses a ZR1 specific engine.
-The ACR uses standard Viper seats, same as every other seat since 2003. The ZR1 has "light weight seats"
-The ACR uses the brake calipers as every 4th gen Viper (and 3rd). The ZR1 uses ZR1 specific calipers
-The ACR uses off the shelf stoptech rotors. The ZR1 uses CC rotors which cost several times more.
-The ACR has front and rear bolt on aero. The ZR1 also has front and rear aero, including side aero which the viper does not have. Yes we all know the rear wing on the Viper is much bigger (and badder)
-The ACR ran MPSC tires. It took the ZR1 MPSC tires after years of being on the market to finally beat the ACR
-The ACR uses "crude old school" coilovers ZR1 uses "advanced"magnetic selective ride control shocks
-Fully optioned out the ACR 10k+ cheaper than a fully optioned out ZR1

What makes the ACR more of a race car than the ZR1? Is it the big scary rear wing? Or is the bolder name like Viper? :dunno:

Or is the ZR1s "race hardened" transmission, twin disc clutch, bigger axles and torque tube and carbon fiber fenders, hood, and roof, supercharged engine, light weight seats, CC rotors, special calipers, MPSC tires, magetic ride control and $10k premium that make the ZR1 less of a race car?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can say that the ZR1 vs ACR isn't apples to apples all you want but the truth is that they are. The ZR1 is GM's top track car and the ACR is SRT's/Dodge's. Did you happen to notice that Chevrolet sent their ZR1 to compete against the ACR at the Nurburgring and every other comparison that they can?

The ACR is a lightened, bare bones winged and splittered focused for the track car with not much in the way of creature comforts, NVH considerations etc. There are no pretenses of it being remotely a GT car like the ZR1. On the other hand you have a ZR1 that is not a lightened car but full weight, with full creature comforts and amenities, excellent street manners, a supercharger that isn't the best for long lap sessions, and is a GT car etc. In what way are they apples to apples? The only similarity is that the ZR1 has mpsc like the outgoing ACR. Other than that the ACR is the better track car and the ZR1 is the better street car. Nobody will take you seriously in saying the ZR1 and ACR are equals. Thats like me saying the GT2 RS Porsche and the Ferrari F430 are apples to apples simply because they are tested against each other. The GT2 RS and the F430 Scud would be more apples to apples if you see where Im coming from. Cars like the GT2/GT3/ACR/Scud are different animals from there GT counterparts. the fact that the ZR1 is as fast as some of these focused track cars is a testament to its engineering but it doesn't mean its apples to apples. Lighten a ZR1, put a wing and splitter on it like those cars and then it will be apples to apples.

In actuality how many times in the past have you ever seen a test between a ZR1 and an ACR in the mags? Not many if any and thats because they really aren't in the same category. Look at the GTS specs and the ZR1's and you will see they are apples to apples NOT the ACR. Chevy doesn't make a car that directly competes with the ACR except the Z06 Carbon. Just because they ran the Ring in the ZR1 to try to beat the ACR time doesnt make them apples to apples. Its just Chevy showing the world that there GT car can compete and beat brand X's racers.

Of course these are my opinions on the matter just as you have yours and I respect that.

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is the ACR a street legal race car and the ZR1 is not?

-The ACR uses the same engine as every 4th gen viper. The ZR1 uses a ZR1 specific engine.
-The ACR uses standard Viper seats, same as every other seat since 2003. The ZR1 has "light weight seats"
-The ACR uses the brake calipers as every 4th gen Viper (and 3rd). The ZR1 uses ZR1 specific calipers
-The ACR uses off the shelf stoptech rotors. The ZR1 uses CC rotors which cost several times more.
-The ACR has front and rear bolt on aero. The ZR1 also has front and rear aero, including side aero which the viper does not have. Yes we all know the rear wing on the Viper is much bigger (and badder)
-The ACR ran MPSC tires. It took the ZR1 MPSC tires after years of being on the market to finally beat the ACR
-The ACR uses "crude old school" coilovers ZR1 uses "advanced"magnetic selective ride control shocks
-Fully optioned out the ACR 10k+ cheaper than a fully optioned out ZR1

What makes the ACR more of a race car than the ZR1? Is it the big scary rear wing? Or is the bolder name like Viper? :dunno:

Or is the ZR1s "race hardened" transmission, twin disc clutch, bigger axles and torque tube and carbon fiber fenders, hood, and roof, supercharged engine, light weight seats, CC rotors, special calipers, MPSC tires, magetic ride control and $10k premium that make the ZR1 less of a race car?

You make a nice list there and the ZR1 certainly has some racer equipment but it isnt optimized for track like the ACR is. The Z06 carbon is a much better apples to apples comparo than the ZR1 as its the track focused demon from Chevy. ZR1 has a SC which is not ideal for track duty but it does very well for a few laps. Plus its full weight and not lightened like the ACR etc and it has all the gadgetry and creature comforts of a GT car. Since when is a track car laden with all that? The ACR/GT2/GT3 etc dont come with all that. They are track focused much more than the ZR1 because they dropped all if not most of the GT equipment to save weight for better track performance. Again the fact that the ZR1 can keep up with these cars is a testament to its engineering. You have to give credit where its due. So in my opinion looking at all of that I dont see them as apples to apples.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is a lightened, bare bones winged and splittered focused for the track car with not much in the way of creature comforts, NVH considerations etc.

Lightened and bare boned compared to a regular Viper coupe? As in ACR with navigation, amplified audio system with a sub, AC, power windows, locks hood silencer pad, rear trunk carpet etc etc etc? The The ACR gets lighter wheels and brake rotors. Adds the weight of aero package. Hardly lightened bare bones. Come on, you have been around long enough. The regular ACR has nothing removed as far as NVH compared to the regular Viper.

The ******** removes a few things that anyone with a regular Viper could do in a half hrs time.
-Hood silencer pad (big deal)
-Stereo system (big deal)
-Trunk carpet (big deal)

The ******** still retains AC and power options.

Viper Coupe 3360
Viper ACR 3308
Viper ********* 3268

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR was lightened by using lightweight wheels and tires, and rotors. I don't think anything else was done to lighten the vehicle over the normal Viper, which was 40 pounds heavier*. Not sure what creature comforts the standard Viper came with that the ACR didn't...was the stock Viper's suspension tuning that much softer than the adjustable KWs as delivered?

The ******** package another 40 pounds of lightening by deleting AC, radio and trunk carpeting, underhood pad and tire inflator. Not all ACRs came with the ******** package.

*Fog lights are deleted in the US, but not in Canadian ACRs.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You make a nice list there and the ZR1 certainly has some racer equipment but it isnt optimized for track like the ACR is. The Z06 carbon is a much better apples to apples comparo than the ZR1 as its the track focused demon from Chevy.
If the Z06 is a much better comparo what does the Z06 carbon do at the ring or laguna?

ZR1 has a SC which is not ideal for track duty but it does very well for a few laps.
I agree, so lets see what kind of track times the ZR1 turn at Laguna. Say 10 laps. ZR1 vs ACR or Gen V.

Plus its full weight and not lightened like the ACR etc and it has all the gadgetry and creature comforts of a GT car.
Not lightened as in how? Not lightened as in CC brakes, CF hood, CF fender, CF roof, lightened seat? Light weight weels? The ACR gets lighted by lighter wheels and off the shelf rotors. Still retains the same calipers, hood, fenders, roof and seats as every other gen 3 viper.

Since when is a track car laden with all that? The ACR/GT2/GT3 etc dont come with all that. They are track focused much more than the ZR1 because they dropped all if not most of the GT equipment to save weight for better track performance. Again the fact that the ZR1 can keep up with these cars is a testament to its engineering. You have to give credit where its due. So in my opinion looking at all of that I dont see them as apples to apples.

The ZR1 keeping up with these cars is a testament to its engineering. Its a testament to its uses of a forced induction engine, sticky MPSC "race" tires, use of light weight carbon body work on the fenders, hood, roof and use of its light weight wheels and racing derived light weight amazing and expensive carbon ceramic brakes.

Maybe you are right, maybe it isnt apples to apples. The ZR1 has a lot of technology in it. The ACR just needed a bit of aero, a decent suspension and some good tires.

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't get the hubub over CC brakes (in general). If the ZR1 would get heat sink over a few laps, then it defeats the entire purpose of the CC brakes - longevity for long runs. More of a bragging right, IMO "Oh, my car has $10,000 brakes"

bfd

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't get the hubub over CC brakes (in general). If the ZR1 would get heat sink over a few laps, then it defeats the entire purpose of the CC brakes - longevity for long runs. More of a bragging right, IMO "Oh, my car has $10,000 brakes"

bfd

I agree on all accounts. If given the choice I would not choose CC brakes. Throw the ACR and ZR1 on the track for 10 laps and see who has a better time.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad, I know the Ferrari guys (and P-car guys) at my weekly C&C are VERY respectful of my 2003. Many are aware of the new Gen 5, and have asked me what I think, and a couple have seen the car in person, and were impresses. All the F-car guys I hang (and drive) with have no issues with the Viper. In fact, one of them (who has a TR) has shown interest in buying a Gen 1 or 2 car. I think most F-car guys are CAR guys first, at least around here.
Individual owners may be respective the point iam trying to make is its a completely different buyer demographic between the 2 cars .In this demographic perf numbers are a small part of the equation .Ferrarri owners for the most part by the car because its a Ferrari inturn they expect things DODGE COULD ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEVER GIVE THEM ..(For instance go to your local Ferrarri service center and compare it to your local Dodge Dealer its a different world .LOL Ferrari owners get their cars flatbedded in for oil changes )

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Individual owners may be respective the point iam trying to make is its a completely different buyer demographic between the 2 cars .In this demographic perf numbers are a small part of the equation .Ferrarri owners for the most part by the car because its a Ferrari inturn they expect things DODGE COULD ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEVER GIVE THEM ..(For instance go to your local Ferrarri service center and compare it to your local Dodge Dealer its a different world .LOL Ferrari owners get their cars flatbedded in for oil changes )

Agree. I have been to events at Algar Ferrari here, and it really is a different world! I did take my Viper to one, and they didn't laugh it off the lot!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO, applying DI would serve to handle the increased HP issue. That should make 700 hp within easy reach. I know that Team Viper said something about the difficulty of applying DI to a 2 valve OHV engine, but GM has done it to the entire new small block line, so the problem can be handled. :2tu:
It not the 700 hp thats the problem its the dollars needed for the R&D necc to develop the DI Theres not even a dry sump on the car (easy 20 plus hp )because it was too expensive to impliment

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY TRUE,must Ferarri owners i know could care less about the power out ect of a Viper they buy Ferraris for the pedigree.In 2009 i let one of the officers of the Ferrari club of NJ take my Gen 4 for a ride,his responce was thats the fastest piece of plastic i ever drove .The Ferrari guys could care less about the RING RECORD ect to them a Viper is nothing but a DODGE .

Sounds like a stand-up, respectful, and respectable individual to whom we should all heed his opinion and advice.

Sorry, but that is simply a snob comment due to the fact there isn't a Ferrari he could buy to beat a Gen IV ACR. Not to mention, he probably felt belittled since he had to drive the car instead of the car doing the work for him. That probably highlighted how awesome of a driver he wasn't.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. I have been to events at Algar Ferrari here, and it really is a different world! I did take my Viper to one, and they didn't laugh it off the lot!
The Ferrari guys DEFINATELY loved the performance of my GEN 4 things like the fit ,finish and interior were laughable to them though .They want the entire spectrum= technology ,perf,fit ,finish, ride ,,driveability,features, service ect Buyers in the 70-80 range will overlook certain aspects but when your in the 150 k range its a totally different ballgame

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a stand-up, respectful, and respectable individual to whom we should all heed his opinion and advice.

Sorry, but that is simply a snob comment due to the fact there isn't a Ferrari he could buy to beat a Gen IV ACR. Not to mention, he probably felt belittled since he had to drive the car instead of the car doing the work for him. That probably highlighted how awesome of a driver he wasn't.
The guy in question had professional open wheel car experiance.He knew of the ACR CAPABILITYS but once again perf numbers are not the end all in this demographic .When a buyer is spending 150 grand and up they want everything to be of the BEST QUALITY

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come on, lets be fair, the interior is no where close to the quality of a 599 or 458 - not even the same league.

Gen V is closer, but still no where near the customization.

I'd love that level of customization, but I don't think we'd ever see it in the Viper line.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen IV didn't sell because it was a terribly boring design. There is no wow factor when seeing it on the road. The coupe had some Frankenstein rear with huge body gaps for this awkward trunk, no sense of design, straight/flat sides...the only people who loved it were Viper enthusiast. It didn't wow all car people like the Gen I/II did. The Gen III/IV was just plain old a boring design. Had the competition coupe been the street car with a slightly shorter wheel base things would have been much different for the Viper. They overproduced a not very desirable car.

You are so full of it.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on, lets be fair, the interior is no where close to the quality of a 599 or 458 - not even the same league.

Gen V is closer, but still no where near the customization.

I'd love that level of customization, but I don't think we'd ever see it in the Viper line.

The 458 is a Ferrari that starts around $100k more than the top spec'd GTS, yet the Viper will have lower production numbers than the Ferrari 458. The Gen V will be up a big step in interior quality but to directly compare it to the Ferrari is asking a bit much I think. The Viper has moved way up from a basic car interior to something comparable to new Porsches and C7.

I doubt we'll see the dizzying level of customization that Ferrari/Porsche offers anytime soon, but the Viper will have an interior that should be very passable to any sports car enthusiast, especially when you factor in the price of the Viper. You're right, in the luxury and interior customization the Viper is in a lesser league than the Ferrari, but there's definitely no shame in that.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 458 is a Ferrari that starts around $100k more than the top spec'd GTS, yet the Viper will have lower production numbers than the Ferrari 458. The Gen V will be up a big step in interior quality but to directly compare it to the Ferrari is asking a bit much I think. The Viper has moved way up from a basic car interior to something comparable to new Porsches and C7.

I doubt we'll see the dizzying level of customization that Ferrari/Porsche offers anytime soon, but the Viper will have an interior that should be very passable to any sports car enthusiast, especially when you factor in the price of the Viper. You're right, in the luxury and interior customization the Viper is in a lesser league than the Ferrari, but there's definitely no shame in that.

I was referencing the GenIV

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lightened and bare boned compared to a regular Viper coupe? As in ACR with navigation, amplified audio system with a sub, AC, power windows, locks hood silencer pad, rear trunk carpet etc etc etc? The The ACR gets lighter wheels and brake rotors. Adds the weight of aero package. Hardly lightened bare bones. Come on, you have been around long enough. The regular ACR has nothing removed as far as NVH compared to the regular Viper.

The ******** removes a few things that anyone with a regular Viper could do in a half hrs time.
-Hood silencer pad (big deal)
-Stereo system (big deal)
-Trunk carpet (big deal)

The ******** still retains AC and power options.

Viper Coupe 3360
Viper ACR 3308
Viper ********* 3268

To be clear bare bones as compared to the ZR1 and other GT cars content NOT compared to other Vipers. Look at all the tech and creature comforts available in the ZR1 and GT cars of its ilk. Their mission is vastly different than that of the ACR. However the G5 GTS shares the ZR1's mission so it is apples to apples but unfortunately it came up short for various reasons.

The ACR is not the same kind of car as a ZR1 no matter the performance. So what if the Vette has CCB, Carbon fiber panels etc.. Its intended purpose is mostly to the GT end of the automotive spectrum whereas the Viper ACR is toward the racer/track end of that spectrum like its peers the GT2 etc. The ZR1 is a Jack of all Trades kind of car where it does everything reasonably well even tracking. Whereas the ACR is specifically for the track with less of a focus on street driving and comfort etc. If I was making a list of GT cars to purchase, an ACR/GT2/GT3 etc would not be on that list but a ZR1, Porsche Turbo S, etc would be. Of course Im discussing it from my perspective as I see the ACR and ZR1 as two totally different kinds of vehicles that just happens to perform similarly.

To me it diminishes the GTS to have to wait for its big brother to handle the old ZR1. The GTS needs to pull its weight in its GT category especially against an older top competitor. What point does it make to beat a GT car with an ACR racer? That is lame bragging rights imho. That's like Chevy taking a race Vette to the Ring to beat the ACR's time. Yeah you beat it but its apples to oranges. It just seems extremely logical to me that SRT's best GT car needs to beat its competitions best GT car especially an older model. I get where you are coming from but I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

BTW the Z07 Carbon is .5 behind the ZR1's Laguna time. Testing wasn't done on same day same conditions as ZR1's test but you get a ruff idea of how fast the 512hp Z06 is. Thats with around 130hp less than the ZR1. Now Id bet in a 10 lap race this Z06 would beat the ZR1 after it heats up. Hence why even the Vette guys admit the Z06 is the prefered track car.

Last edited:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are so full of it.

And you are completely delusional. The Gen I/II Viper appealed to all. The vast majority of the public forgot the Viper even existed during the SRT-10 years, that was until the ACR was released. The amount of attention, love, and questions I got in a 98' GTS in 1998 was 100X the amount I received in 2005 in an '05 SRT. Keep living your wild fantasies. The Gen V should definitely re-ignite the Gen I/II flame some.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take any rumors from MT worth a grain of salt, look at their predictions for the C7, virtually nothing was correct.

I still fall back to my position: People buying a V12 Ferrari don't give a hoot about the performance of a Viper. It is like someone buying a Pagani stressing if the F12 is faster - it doesn't factor into the equation.

If the rumors are true, then it sort of kicks the knees out of the allure of a Ferrari - that Ferrari owners buy Ferraris because they are Ferraris.

Personally, if I were in the market for an F12, I'd simply buy it and the Viper and call it a day. It is sort of like why I am baffled when people question the "point" of the LFA. People that buy the LFA aren't debating between it and the Italia or McLaren. They simply buy both, or all three.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a nice render but I'm guessing the ACR will more like the GTS-R
You must be registered for see images attach
with that ACR rendering front

One can only hope the next ACR looks similar to this.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/25/...4-srt-viper-acr-out-of-fear-for/#aol-comments

Back on topic, Ferrari (FIAT) is definitely holding the Viper back.

Im hoping none of that is true but its really been a hard rumor to put to bed. The 640hp just happens to cause the "NON ACR" Viper to conform to the suposed 5.2 power to weight limit Fiat imposed? So why bother with an ACR if it wont be allowed to surpass 5.2 p to w? Obviously any ACR would surpass the 5.2 number. Hmmm.

Lets assume this is all true then the war with Chevy is over as the Viper will have to wait for Ferrari to up its power to weight before it can do the same. This all sounds a bit silly. But after reading Chris Harris' thoughts on his dealings/misgivings with Ferrari and their policy with their mag test cars Id say there could be some reality to this rumor that just wont go away.

My mind says that since Ralph said there is an ACR coming then the 5.2 rumor has to be false because there is no way the ACR is going to equal the coupes 5.2 p to w rating. That would be pointless.

Last edited:

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you are completely delusional. The Gen I/II Viper appealed to all. The vast majority of the public forgot the Viper even existed during the SRT-10 years, that was until the ACR was released. The amount of attention, love, and questions I got in a 98' GTS in 1998 was 100X the amount I received in 2005 in an '05 SRT. Keep living your wild fantasies. The Gen V should definitely re-ignite the Gen I/II flame some.

Dude, you are in Houston. Come take a ride with me and lets see how many gawks, thumbs up and comments we get. I get them every single day, every time I get in the car. In fact, at the last Cars and Coffee my B/W was next to the new B/W Gen V, and many thought mine looked better (mostly due to the vented hood) and the mean looking front end.

To each his own, I guess.

Hmmm, just had the lead council for our company walk into my office to tell me how incredible my car looked in the parking lot. He's a beemer guy. He raved about it. So, guess we're just all delusional, hahahaha.

Doesn't look too bad to me.

Attachments

• TWS Corner 9.jpg
    TWS Corner 9.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 51
  • TWS Corner.jpg
    TWS Corner.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^Nice Shots^^^ Wouldnt kick her outta my garage...thats for damn sure.

So sick of the Viper being compared to the corvette. As pointed out, if you want a vette or a ferrari or a porsche or a viper you just buy what u want.

I'm a Lamborghini guy and I ordered the gen V GTS; its going on a 4 post lift to rest above my Bentley until sunday rolls around each week. As pointed out real car guys have a general automotive passion. Italian, English, German and yes, American brands are all welcome in my garage and in any true car guy's man cave. If all I cared about was speed I could buy a GT-R for a lot less cost of any of the brands mentioned as the new model is 0-60 mph is 2.7 seconds. But speed isn't everything. How a car looks, sounds, handles, feels and rides are important components too.

I've loved the Viper for two decades now. This model will finally be my first snake. The new GTS model finally makes a raw supercar at heart into a GT car with enough features, comfort and refinement to compliment the exotic supercar that it is and makes it appealing to a consumer like myself. Andretti, Leno, Winkles etc are some guys with credibility and when people such as them give it a thumbs up, I'm listening.

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C7 isn't going to be modifiable. The PCM is encrypted with a key per car, no master key - so - not happening.

IMO Chevy wants to stop people from upgrading, so that if they want a higher HP car, they must buy a Z06 or ZR1

Corvette in 2014 does have the Callaway option which equates to 606hp for a base Vette and 652 for the limited edition version. All for a measly 24,900 CND dollars. The base vette is coming in at around 68,000 +the callaway package will roll you out the showroom floor for under 100G's. Alittle steep when you can get a Vper for around the same price and the looks to kill. I saw the 2014 Vette at the toronto Auto Show yesterday and I was not impressed at all. The Viper was def a muchmore refined car and worthy of its status over the vette.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth