Ambushed by an NSX, Lotus& a 911

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this kind of thing has happened to a lot of you guys but this was my first time. I drove into a parking lot in an upscale outlet center called Silver Sands in Destin FL. I was instantly surrounded by three guys in their sports cars...a beautiful yellow Lotus Esprit, a red NSX, super charged and a yellow 911.

These guys actually followed me into the parking lot just to see the Viper. We were all Air Force officers as it turned out..I'm retired...these were all young Captains stationed locally..one who's Dad I knew from active duty, went to HS with my daughter...small world!

They were blown away by the Snake. I was impressed how this car effects people..everyone loves this car! We lined them all up and took pictures with the NSX guys camera...as soon as he e-mail them I'll post. We all agreed to get together at a local track soon and see how they run. Great fun!:cool

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah....common ties, and even some influence from the young ricers. I don't even change stations when Eminem comes up on the radio anymore...

OP
OP
M

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right about the gearhead bond but I never had this kind of reaction from my Vette, Jag or my MR-2 Turbo. I stopped in at the young Lotus owners suggestion the next day at a local used exotic car dealer lot to look at a Modena. There were about 8-10 folks just strolling around looking at the cars...Jags, 911's Boxters, a beautiful Maserati and the Ferrari. I couldn't believe how many people stopped what they were doing to walk from across the lot to look and talk about the snake...guys actually came from across the street. One older guy who had just finished test driving a beautiful Jaguar sedan came over just to say how much more beautiful he thought the Viper was than the Modena...which I was looking at. I have to admit it felt great when I started the Viper up to depart and that great US Iron sound from the Corsa caused all those exotic car shoppers to stop and look as I left.
supergrin.gif

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree with Steve...there is a small annual gathering of Ferrari's (along with a few Lambos, and assortered "others") here in Indy each summer...nice cars, nice folks. While there is no doubt about the "presence" of the "high dollar" rides, MANY of the passerbys literally drool over Charlie's red/yellow 97 GTS (one of 14)...and it seems to be one of the most filmed as well.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled into a gas station yesterday and while filling up with gas I noticed I was surrounded by (4) C5 Corvettes. Had two guys in a Dodge Dakota looking and telling me how the Viper is the ultimate car
supergrin.gif

One Vette guy even commented that the Viper was a cool car. I know this because he mentioned it to the other Vette guy who happened to be my brother
supergrin.gif
All sports cars are
cool.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Murray:
I don't even change stations when Eminem comes up on the radio anymore...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too old and slow to drive and change radio stations at the same time now, eh George?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Not to hijack this thread or anything by it, however if you or anyone else has any first hand experience... share it with us.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr U-2,

Yeah, it's great isn't it?
supergrin.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures, and also hearing about the results at the track.

Enjoy!
-Dean.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Illinois VCA has put on an event over 7 years that partners with Ferrari. Since we held this event Ferrari in return used to invite the Viper's out to participate in some of their events. Also there is an Alfa event at Road America in October that draws heavy from both makes. Anyway these are a few track type events that I have had the privilege to attend with Ferrari. In each and ever case I am amazed at the traffic the Viper draws when in such prestigious company. Hell, last year there was an Italian car show in Oak Brook, and since my viper was not Italian it had to stay in the parking lot. Well I had a hard time even looking around because every time I tried to leave and go look at the cars someone would walk up and tell me how I had the coolest car there. Makes you feel real good when you can show up cars that are 4-20X more than yours! All I can tell you is if you hear of a Car event take your Vier, you will never believe the attention it gets.