Analogies: Viper Coupe vs. Z06

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best I can think of is the Boeing 747 Vs. the Airbus A-380.
Another would be the U.S. space shuttle vs. the Chinese or Russian space programs.

Maybe they aren't so good, but I'm trying to inject some interesting conversations into a very boring (lately) forum.

Think about it.

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend just read my post and was clueless what I was asking.

The 747 has been around a while and is considered the top of the heap. The plane with the biggest, best, would love to fly in it (or pilot it) 'image'. Along comes the A-380 with some better specs. Will it sour the image of the 747, complement it, destroy it....What could Boeing do about regaining the lead?

What if the Chinese announced a shuttle that would have better specs. than the US shuttle? Would that tarnish our 'image' as the world leader? Do we care? Do we spend tons of money to win the image war and prove we are still the best?

What path will DC follow? :confused:

don527

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ttt for ya :2tu:

wouldn't want to let a great topic get away and help kick start the forum. :headbang:

:D

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will give the coming Z06 kodoos for it's new found power and refinements. It appears that the SRT coupe will be not be the dominant car it has been in past years. However, don't think for a minute that DC is going to let this situation last. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more horsepower and pounds of torque are found before the new coupe hits dealer's lots. There is plenty of untapped potential left in the V10 to easily outdistance the Z06. The refinement is another matter. I would love to see DC add some electronic brains as most other manufacturers of high performance cars have done. Marketing tells us people buy technology, comfort, and power. As it now stands, Viper plays to a much more limited market than Z06 and might do well to learn form its competitors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi