Anyone used this dyno?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a shop near me with one http://www.dyno4mance.com/tuning/dynamometer/index.php

I have heard good things, but the dyno is supposed to be hard to get right.....the dyno operator drives the car and has to try and get the load right etc. I don't understand it all...except to say it isn't like a Dynojet.....just put it to the floor. I don't know if all shops with this dyno have to drive it themselves...but supposedly it is needed to dyno correctly. On a dyno, no one drives my car except me....to much to watch.

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks Tony,

I went over and ran a car there last Saturday. It gives a real time readout. They can simulate a wide range of conditions and load. Seems to be made to help tune for more than just wot.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Two words of caution Marv:
- One these rollers cause some very serious heat inside your tires (because the smaller rollers spin 4 times more revolutions than a 40+ inch roller set up)... if they are old or at all compromised this will make the deterioration worse and it will not show on the outside. Tires on dynos self-destruct from the inside out.
- Two, the double rollers pinch your tires and deform them and advancing further compromising of your tires. Keep in mind that you cannot see this deterioration and it is not something that gives you a lot of advanced warning.

The bottom line is that I wouldn't mess around with this type of dyno.

That's my $.02...