Ballpark Figures for Maintenance Items

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking my '08 Coupe in to have a few things completed and wanted to get an idea of the charges after speaking briefly with the dealer. If possible, let me know your guesses:

1. Swap out intake manifold with Arrow ported intake (both OEM).

2. Change rear differential fluid.

3. Bleed brake system with Castrol SRF that I supply.

Thanks!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking my '08 Coupe in to have a few things completed and wanted to get an idea of the charges after speaking briefly with the dealer. If possible, let me know your guesses:

1. Swap out intake manifold with Arrow ported intake (both OEM).

2. Change rear differential fluid.

3. Bleed brake system with Castrol SRF that I supply.

Thanks!

If you have the Arrow ported intake, you should be able to swap that out in a couple hours at most. And, that's doing it yourself and learning along the way. A dealer should be able to do it quicker since they know the little tricks. The intake on Gen IV cars is really easy to remove and replace.

The diff fluid is very easy and you'd be best off doing it yourself... I personally like Redline 70w140 diff fluid with additive to refill. The hardest part of that one is just putting jack stands under your car - and that is EASY.

For the brakes, go out and get yourself a set of speed bleeders and do that yourself, too. That whole job shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

As you can see, I'm an advocate of doing the simple stuff myself - I'm sure someone will chime in with possible dealer costs. You can use the above as a sanity check in case someone comes in with a quote of ten hours of work to R&R your intake, for example...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard if you have arrow do the port work on the intake, you void the warranty. mark have you seen this ?

Reaction score
i heard if you have arrow do the port work on the intake, you void the warranty. mark have you seen this ?

Obviously there have not been any issues so far and a dealer may not know the difference really. If the Motor had to go back to Arrow I don't know how it would be handled. On the other hand you pretty much HAVE to use the Mopar PCM for this mod so that in itself can potentially void a warrantee...

Performance enhancing parts or race parts will almost always affect a warranty this is the risk you take when you say you want "more".

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that was it, the motor going back to arrow for warranty, they refused it and they were the ones that did the work in the first place. maybe im wrong, but thats what i remember hearing.

hope im wrong

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas.

Btw, per Arrow, NO PCM change or programming is required and the ported intake will not throw codes, etc.

I will let you know... .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960