Car grinding going into reverse. Help!

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to wrap this up, I did get the Gen 3 tranny installed on Friday and it feels like a whole new transmission...oh wait, it is :D Shifts definitely feel tighter...I guess 93k miles kinda loosen up a tranny over time :D Here's my "vendor review" of PartsRack:

http://forums.viperclub.org/vendor-...best-prices-fastest-shipping.html#post2720825

Also, a big thank you to Tom Sessions and Chuck Tator for their over the phone help! I know I called Tom enough where he may add me to his "friends and family" plan just to save his cell phone minutes in the future :D

On a related note, I have 9 quarts of Mopar ATF+4 in the Classifieds for $5/quart (MSRP:$7.42/quart) since the Gen 3 tranny requires gear oil instead of ATF+4

p.s.--Also a big thank you to Palmer Dodge for their parts discount for VCA members! The 75-85 gear oil retails at over $35/quart!! With the VCA discount, I paid $15/quart! I saved $80 in one visit and some people say VCA membership isn't worth the cost??? :dunno: :buttkick:

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you are back up and running!

So with the newer trans, does the car feel like it gained or lost and power due to different ratios? Whats the report for this mod?

:eater:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you are back up and running!

So with the newer trans, does the car feel like it gained or lost and power due to different ratios? Whats the report for this mod?

:eater:
Did I miss something here. Gen III and Gen I/II all have the same ratios.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad. Don't worry about the make believe stories like "fake gear ratios" and stuff.

Just motor on to work in the morning, and as the slow yellow sunrise turns to a blistering fast red afternoon sky... You'll relax and forget. ;)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont want to alarm Chad, but we sent him a tranny from a YELLOW Viper........