Considering Kumhos but a little confused...

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search on these XS tires and those who tried them have favorable reviews. However, what is a fair price to pay? One who started the thread mentioned he got them for 900/installed, was that by calling in and getting a discount? online they seem to be backordered.

I'd like to get them from a site sponsor. A previous post by JonB at tire rack says you have to buy a 4 set at a time for legal reasons, but online I've been able to buy single tires without problem for years, I like to have spare - why is this? I guess I'll call the number on the sticky post tomorrow.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB is Parts Rack. Luke is Tire Rack. I don't understand the 4/set comment either. Maybe he'll chime in to clarify. :2tu: on the Kumhos.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price - the $900 is for the 17" sizes, if you have an SRT like your avatar they will be about $1300 shipped. (I have the SRT size on both of my Vipers)

Having to buy a set of 4 at a time - Jon B only sells tires in matched sets, so if you buy 5 to have one spare I am sure he will do that for you. He will not sell you 2 rear tires to go with your stock Michelin Run Flats since they are not matched tires, for example.

OP
OP
L

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB is Parts Rack. Luke is Tire Rack. I don't understand the 4/set comment either. Maybe he'll chime in to clarify. :2tu: on the Kumhos.

Yeah I have the 08/srt... With all the darn pothole in this state it's almost a must to have a spare especially since they are backordered.

I think I confused the names, very similar and both selling tires. Does luke answer pm or is it policy for venders not to.

:drive:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I have the 08/srt... With all the darn pothole in this state it's almost a must to have a spare especially since they are backordered.

I think I confused the names, very similar and both selling tires. Does luke answer pm or is it policy for venders not to.

:drive:

I don't think JonB does PM's. It's best to email or call him. Luke will usually do PM's but may take a few days for response.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought 4 Kumho Exta XS 17 inch tires for $810.00. Extra $50 for mounting and balance. What a world of difference from the original tires that were still on the car. For the price you can't beat the Kumhos. I don't think you can get the XS's in 18 inch tho.

OP
OP
L

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I'm really confused luke got back to me and said I can't get them. It was a little ambiguous so I asked him if they are not in stock or not sold in my srt size.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for looking. I just checked it and it shows backordered. Maybe just went out of stock?

Why would luke say otherwise?

I see, the rears are back ordered. Call Luke and ask for clarification. I ordered my PS2's directly from Luke over the phone and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this time the 345/30-19 is not available for sale per Kumho and we do not have an ETA

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this time the 345/30-19 is not available for sale per Kumho and we do not have an ETA

Thanks for the info Luke, that is unfortunate; on a side note, does Tirerack plan on doing a test of the XS in the near future? Grassroots Motorsports recently tested the XS along with some other Extreme/Max performance summer tires like the Bridgestone RE-11 and ranked the XS at or near the top in terms of lap times.

/Rich

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does Tirerack plan on doing a test of the XS in the near future? Grassroots Motorsports recently tested the XS along with some other Extreme/Max performance summer tires like the Bridgestone RE-11 and ranked the XS at or near the top in terms of lap times.

/Rich

as a matter of fact we have just completed a test of the Potenza RE11, ADVAN Neova AD08, Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec and the Ecsta XS and the results will be published shortly. Did you know that the GRM test used a different size in from the Dunlop and Bridgestone offerings which could have effected the results and they didn't include the Yokohama?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as a matter of fact we have just completed a test of the Potenza RE11, ADVAN Neova AD08, Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec and the Ecsta XS and the results will be published shortly. Did you know that the GRM test used a different size in from the Dunlop and Bridgestone offerings which could have effected the results and they didn't include the Yokohama?

Great news Luke! I'll be watching my e-mail for the results.

/Rich

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude