CRASHSITE PICS

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did some damage to that pole. It did knock the electric out to homes in the area, I
will never hear the end of it from some of my neighbors because of the ncaa games
they missed.

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2807.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That pole is jacked up!
Tell your neighbors "TOUGH!". That's what my mom always told me. :D

Is that thing being held together with electrical tape?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car,hope it all works out
I wonder how much rigidity that electrical tape adds

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that open road and it had to happen right around one of the few poles on the road, doesn't it figure. :dunno:

Glad you are alright buddy.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it means anything, you did a nice number on the pole!:omg:

Take car of yourself! Kinda like having you around here!;)

Sorry bout the car though!

Robert

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....I wonder how much rigidity that electrical tape adds....

Rigid-Schmidgid!

Union Rule: Electric Pole requires Electrical Tape, installed by an IBEW Electrician

PS. That plane that landed in the Hudson had LESS DAMAGE !

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TOM:
Were the 2 views below what you saw thru your windshield? (plus deer) Ie went over that rise, crossed centerline, and hit the pole on Drivers-Left of road?

Your designated pole is not even 1 car-width off the road! I am VERY surprised that the pole is twice as close to the road as the next closest pole, and 4X as close as the prior pole in line ! The city has asked YOU dozens of times if YOU and your house and additions and car and etc are all up to code. When you get billed for the pole, be SURE to ask the code minimum set-back distance and utility easement in your municipality.

Maybe YOU did not damage the pole.....it damaged YOU!

I did some damage to that pole.
IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know what passes for a good road and road surface in Maryland, but the road above does not look like it drains very well and with just a slight freeze could be treacherous. It also appears to have uneven and excessively sloping shoulders and it is totally blind at the top of the riise. A place to proceed with caution.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOM:
Were the 2 views below what you saw thru your windshield? (plus deer) Ie went over that rise, crossed centerline, and hit the pole on Drivers-Left of road?

Your designated pole is not even 1 car-width off the road! I am VERY surprised that the pole is twice as close to the road as the next closest pole, and 4X as close as the prior pole in line ! The city has asked YOU dozens of times if YOU and your house and additions and car and etc are all up to code. When you get billed for the pole, be SURE to ask the code minimum set-back distance and utility easement in your municipality.

Maybe YOU did not damage the pole.....it damaged YOU!

The 2 views are exactly what I saw thru my windshield plus deer. You can see the
pole nearest the road which is the one I hit. By the way they just added another one
yesterday right next to it and closer to the road then the one I hit. I took pics and will post them.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new pole is closer then the one I hit. I took these pics yesterday ( monday ).
They only cut down the pole I hit and replaced it with a new one closer to the road,
DA WHAT ARE THEY THINKING. :dunno:

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

WANTED

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing.

And sorry about your loss.

-David

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 2 views are exactly what I saw thru my windshield plus deer. You can see the pole nearest the road which is the one I hit. By the way they just added another one yesterday right next to it and closer to the road then the one I hit. I took pics and will post them.

"They" added? When you get the bill for those guys and THREE TRUCKS, 2 linemen, 2 flaggers, .....it will be YOU that added the pole! So you want to be sure it was done to code.....

Better than a monument I guess..............

Last edited:

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i worked for P.G & E. in Calif we would get billed from the homeowner of the yard that got messed up from the Line trucks parking on the grass. then it gets passed on to the car owner. So dont be suprised if your insurence get billed for that too. Then the Phone and Cable company has to come out and hook the their lines back on to the pole if they are overhead lines... there is more charges now.
On the location of pole it could be that way due to some underground cable,gas,phone,sewer lines. and the tree line will affect placement of utility poles. Overhead line construction has a lot of varibles.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The next pole is on the other side of the road. Maybe this has something to do with it. Glad you are all right! I saw the first post of your viper. Hitting it head-on looks to be the better of the two choices. (drivers door or head on) if it had to happen this would be one of the best times to replace it with prices down. Good Luck!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang