Did I Over React??????

mynewviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" If you wish to avoid that possibility, don't give up your keys or use a different vehicle."

AMEN !!

G

grcforce327

I shot a valet that tried that stunt with me! The judge ruled it as both self defense, and irreconcilable differences!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....For our 25th anniversary, my wife and I had dinner and spent the night at a historic, intown hotel. Don....

UPON FURTHER REVIEW, I HAVE CHANGE MY MIND.........

Any lady that has spent a quarter-century with YOU deserved a chauffered limo both ways.
You UNDER-Reacted.....to the event that is. CONGRATS !

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how some of you drive your Viper like it is a daily driver. If that was me, the Viper would have stayed in the garage and we would have taken another vehicle. Guess I worry to much and don't trust most people.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm careful when going out with the Viper. In SO CA most valets have driven cars most of us have only seen in magazines ;)

Last Sunday, I had brunch with our family at Geoffrey's in Malibu. I drove in, saw 2 Ferrari's, a couple of Porsche's, Range Rovers, and a beautiful Maybach... I felt my snake was in good company :rolaugh:
They parked my Dodge right near the door...

Brunch was great, the view was fantastic!

It was interesting actually... Twice during brunch, I heard my car start up, then shut down, probably moving it to get cars in the back of the lot... parking there is really tight...

Funny though, I never heard the Ferrari's start up and leave :confused:
What's up with that :dunno:

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fake key idea except you may get some high school kid who tries to jam it in the ignition switch and ends up breaking the key off in the switch! I have to disagree with Juli as well. I'm not going to leave my Viper at home because I'm afraid the valet may wreck my car. I would just tell the hotel I'm keeping my keys and give them my contact info if they need me to move the car. If they wont allow this, I'd find another hotel.

Just a blank Viper key, it will fit just fine, but that's it, or give something totally different like a key that does not fit at all.

And, remember, on the SRT10s unless you know to look under the driver mirror, the key will not get you into the car (some owners don't even know that one!) ...all you are left with is the trunk

in other words, if they cannot get into the car, they can't jam a key into anything...

just an idea

sure it can be polished

-J

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never use any valet service and they all seem to get it. I've had management explain to me that the valet service is very reliable and nothing will happen to my car and I always politely respond:

"Okay, let me hold a hundred thousand in cash and you can hold the keys to my car, that way neither of us will worry."

That usually ends the discussion and I'll give them my room number or cell phone if they have any problems with where I park my car.

Regards,
Aaron

I like your way of thinking!!:2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if one is being a ******* to the hotel I can see how keeping the keys can cause dislike...nobody likes an attitude. But for those of us that are civilized I've never had a problem with a hotel or valet letting me either keep the keys and be contacted in the event the car needs to be moved or letting me drive the valet to a secure parking spot. They know they're getting a real nice tip from me and I treat them with a great deal of respect. Nothing wrong with looking out for your best interests without stepping on anyone.

I didn't mean being a *******....I meant how someone comes ACROSS...sure, if you're polite, offer tips right up front, say you're keeping your keys, and they can contact you in the event the car needs to be moved...of course, we'd be civil, as I imagine Chad would be also...no doubts there...my point is: WHY WORRY??? Why take any chances with a Viper that is overnighted? They were out for a wonderful 25th anniversary, ENJOY each other~~no worries!~! That's all I meant...I understand your point, Tony...and I shoulda been more specific that of course all would be cordial/civil...as I'm quite sure Chad meant also. To me, it's just why take the chance? Just drive another car. Or as JonB said, LIMO the wonderful couple to their rendezvous!!! :D ~juli

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the others, I would just avoid the stress altogether and take a daily driver.

Rick

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I would never hand over the keys no matter where - well Tators being the exception. Any place that the car would remain outside for a long period of time without supervision is a red light for me. it just draws too much attention.

" If you wish to avoid that possibility, don't give up your keys or use a different vehicle."

AMEN !!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't mean being a *******....I meant how someone comes ACROSS...sure, if you're polite, offer tips right up front, say you're keeping your keys, and they can contact you in the event the car needs to be moved...of course, we'd be civil, as I imagine Chad would be also...no doubts there...my point is: WHY WORRY??? Why take any chances with a Viper that is overnighted? They were out for a wonderful 25th anniversary, ENJOY each other~~no worries!~! That's all I meant...I understand your point, Tony...and I shoulda been more specific that of course all would be cordial/civil...as I'm quite sure Chad meant also. To me, it's just why take the chance? Just drive another car. Or as JonB said, LIMO the wonderful couple to their rendezvous!!! :D ~juli

I get your point, no worries Julie, I know you are quite civil and polite! Heck...you're so civil on these forums you make want to be a better person! :D

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how many people are giving valet tenant grief about parking their own cars?

BMW M6 owners?
BMW M5 owners?
Aston Martin V8 Vantage?
Corvette Z06?
Porsche 911's?
etc. etc.

Most of these cars are more than our Vipers but I can't imagine them getting any preferential treatment. I seen valets move cars 3 times the cost of my Viper just to park it up front. That's funny.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get your point, no worries Julie, I know you are quite civil and polite! Heck...you're so civil on these forums you make want to be a better person! :D

Heck, you make me blush~~not ALL share your opinion, but I thank you! :2tu: ~juli
(We will be meeting at Chuck's right? I'm QUITE sure from YOUR posts that you are a great person, we are looking forward to meeting you!)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...you will be disappointed! I'm a PITA! :D We met briefly at LimeRock. I was the one with the painted hoodpad that slowed down to a snail's pace on the track after losing it going into big bend. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...you will be disappointed! I'm a PITA! :D We met briefly at LimeRock. I was the one with the painted hoodpad that slowed down to a snail's pace on the track after losing it going into big bend. :D

OH, I'm sorry!! I don't remember!!! I already know we will NOT be disappointed in meeting you AGAIN...so sorry about that!! I'm usually pretty good about introducing ourselves around, but bad on memory...is there a pic from you at Lime Rock that Dimitrios might've posted? I was SOOOO lucky that day...I got to ride with ACRSteve in his ACR!!
WHAT a blast!!!~~Now THAT I will always remember! To re-meeting at Chuck's! ~juli

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I over react?

Yea or Nay

Don

Yeah man...you're all worked up over a fourty thousand dollar car and doesn't even sound like it was harmed while it was in their care....consider youself lucky and maybe next time you'll bring the Taurus.