Educate Me on "Oil Starvation"

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The DE setup still requires ac removal on gen 3/4. The only dry sump system for a viper gen 3/4 I have seen/heard of is the one mitech does. It looks like the stack the pumps sort of partially inset & above the pan, thus making the dry sump pan about 1/4" deeper than the stock pan.

As far of the rest of the stuff, I think we generally agree, just differing points of view on how we get to the same conclusion.

you still want my '08 pan, I have it now.

The Mitech one I have seen was a Gen-2, but they may have a 3/4 setup as well. The other company is Aviaid that actually has a G3/4 setup to retain the A/C, but I havent seen any newer pictures of it, nor one installed up close. Last I looked, it was a bit "dangerous" looking to me, since the pump was so close to the ground when driving. The DE system is a nice piece, if only the A/C was worked around somehow, it would be a better seller.

I will drop you an e-mail next time I have a need for that pan, and grab it from you.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mitech one I have seen was a Gen-2, but they may have a 3/4 setup as well. The other company is Aviaid that actually has a G3/4 setup to retain the A/C, but I havent seen any newer pictures of it, nor one installed up close. Last I looked, it was a bit "dangerous" looking to me, since the pump was so close to the ground when driving. The DE system is a nice piece, if only the A/C was worked around somehow, it would be a better seller.

I will drop you an e-mail next time I have a need for that pan, and grab it from you.

I spoke with aviad when I was researching what system to use. They weren't sure if they even had a Gen 3 system, ten asked me to send a oil pan gasket so they could see if the viper pan they had would fit my car. I did on of those stare at the phone things and said sure and hung up, called Dailey and ordered theirs.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I spoke with aviad when I was researching what system to use. They weren't sure if they even had a Gen 3 system, ten asked me to send a oil pan gasket so they could see if the viper pan they had would fit my car. I did on of those stare at the phone things and said sure and hung up, called Dailey and ordered theirs.

I cant blame you one bit there. Sounds like a sub-contracted project that went sideways, and the builders had no idea what they were "really" working on.... and the prototype is still laying around. That explains why I haven't heard anything since I saw the initial prototype a year or two ago.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have gathered from a number of sources (and from my own experiance) is that GEN Is are not likely to have a problem. Do to the fact Gen 1s have 3 extra quarts of sump capacity over the Gen 2s thru 1999. I haven't had a problem in my GEN I (knock on wood) after countless track days. I do use the viper oil filter which is said to help with oil pressure.

I have heard that (GEN IIs especially pre-2000) and GEN IIIs have the worst problem with this and need oil pan modification to solve it.

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a 10 quart pan with baffle system on Daytona a couple weeks ago and didn't have any problems. I upgraded becasue of the banking I was gonna experience.