Fair Price For Roe S/C 96 GTS????

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Economy has finally gotten to me...I screwed myself by buying a Jaguar last summer just before the economy tanked....I might have to let my baby go...What are your thoughts on a fair price to move the car??? Here are the details...96 B/W GTS 18K Never hit no stories...Roe polished S/C 10 lb, **** injection, Vec 2, Edelbrock headers and sheilds, Borla 3 inch cat back exhaust, ABs wires, Hi flo cats, T&D 1.7 roller rockers and pushrods, oil recovery system, boost and A/F gage pod, MGW shifter, Roe fan switch, late model cooling fan, Alan's aluminum radiator, 3.55 gearset, Eibach lowering springs, Ebc greens, 6K HIDs, clear side markers and LED bulbs, 4 new Michelin Pilots, no wheel curb rash, fresh clutch, Front end recall repaired by Tators..Thanks..Al:(

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd say $40k-ish if you want to move it. It just depends on if there is a buyer. Those are a lot of mods, but as most anyone will tell you you never come close to recouping the cost of mods, and if you mod it do it for yourself, not for resale. It's a sad reality with our cars.

I'm sorry to hear you're contemplating selling. 2 years ago when I bought my RT, a B/W would rarely dip below $40k regardless of mods/miles/condition. I watched the market for probably a year before realizing that I couldn't afford one and went with an RT instead. Now you can get GTSs all day in the 30s because of the way the market has been hit.

I hope things turn around for you and you can hold onto 'er.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately you mentioned the dreaded two words, "HAVE TO." You're probably going to see it sell for much less than you would like if say for instance you could let it sit for several months. With those listed mods you could hold out for close to mid 40's, even high 40's. Dare I even mention 50???

Honestly tho, my prediction is low low 40's or even in the 39 range. :(

:usa:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al, ***?!? You can't leave us! I hope you keep that monster...I suggest posting up a classified here (Free for members) and test the waters. If you decide to take off the S.C. and sell it seperately, please let me know. We have a packed event season in NY/CT this (CT will have the most events ever this year)...you need to stick around. Call me if you need any help with the car. - Tony

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al, ***?!? You can't leave us! I hope you keep that monster...I suggest posting up a classified here (Free for members) and test the waters. If you decide to take off the S.C. and sell it seperately, please let me know. We have a packed event season in NY/CT this (CT will have the most events ever this year)...you need to stick around. Call me if you need any help with the car. - Tony
Thanks Tony for the support...Dont think I want to part it out...I dont have to sell it but it will make life easier at this point...If i have to give it away F it I will suffer...I just took pics and I will Throw her up in the classifieds here....Al

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Economy has finally gotten to me...I screwed myself by buying a Jaguar last summer just before the economy tanked....I might have to let my baby go...What are your thoughts on a fair price to move the car??? Here are the details...96 B/W GTS 18K Never hit no stories...Roe polished S/C 10 lb, **** injection, Vec 2, Edelbrock headers and sheilds, Borla 3 inch cat back exhaust, ABs wires, Hi flo cats, T&D 1.7 roller rockers and pushrods, oil recovery system, boost and A/F gage pod, MGW shifter, Roe fan switch, late model cooling fan, Alan's aluminum radiator, 3.55 gearset, Eibach lowering springs, Ebc greens, 6K HIDs, clear side markers and LED bulbs, 4 new Michelin Pilots, no wheel curb rash, fresh clutch, Front end recall repaired by Tators..Thanks..Al:(
I'm sorry to hear your thinking of selling, that sux :(... You mentioned front end recall repair done, may I ask what repairs were done ? Also what were your dyno #s if you ever made it to a dyno ?

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sniper, The recall is from Mopar and it should be done...they will perform it for N/C even given the age of your car...It has to do with potential cracks in the frame in 2 different areas...Maybe someone can chime in on the specifics of it.. The car dynoed 620 RWHP before I added the headers, Roe cats, and 1.7 rockers....Soooo I can guess Maybe 650-670RWHP or so..Also I have 3.55 gears which I heard lower your # by 10 or 15...Al

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Al, I PM'ed you my number too, let me know if you're getting them.

Thanks!

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll be contacting the dealer. I have the same headers you have, good luck with your snake, I hope you can hang on to it.

last four VIN 0765 :)

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have listed the car in the classifieds pending moderators approval on this site...49,900...The car should be worth close to 40 stock? So I am adding 9K for 25K in mods....If I have to sell it for 40K I will keep it!!! Of course it is negotiable...Al

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man that's a sweet car with those mods. I have a question, who did the tune and install? a 10 lb pulley is a gamble unless it is installed right. The engine can handle it of course, if properly done. Just curious. Nice car!

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sell the jag. throw in the wife for free. lol. seriously i have a jag x-type 3.0. i wish i would never bought the thing. nothing but problems.

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good luck on your sell. I will be watching your ebay auction to see how well it does. I might list mine too later.

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al,

You're killing me! How can you sell that thing. I wish I was in the market for another one becuase I would buy it! I hope to see you and your son at some meets this summer.

-Mike

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sold the Jaguar today....May keep the Viper, I will see how the Ebay offers are...My head is spinning thinking about it ...I have someone coming over tonight to look at it...Al:(

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al,

You're killing me! How can you sell that thing. I wish I was in the market for another one becuase I would buy it! I hope to see you and your son at some meets this summer.

-Mike
Hey Mike how bout yours and some cash???? Yours is the best shining Viper I have ever seen...Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Ebay buyer fell through on his financing so its back on Ebay..Buy it now price 44K...Great deal for someone...I am really just ready to move on....I have enjoyed it for seven years...Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its on Ebay now with a buy it now price of 44K....With an even lower reserve...Still no takers.......Is the economy that bad? I am positive that is a really good deal, even in this economy....Yikes!...Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi