Fifth Gear tests SRT/10

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The video is absolute rubbish. It was clear that the Viper was the winner, even if the individual driving was a hack and slasher. He seemed to have a nice time driving it. The smile on his face gives it away. He just cant say, on the video, that he liked it. Not the "proper" English thing to do. Funny.

Maybe he needed a loan for the extra money to buy it. That might change his mind. :)

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure why but I love 5th gear. I think he is hilarious. I know he flames all the US cars but I've also seen a show he did on the Viper where he drove it, slammed it and then said with a grin that he loved it and wanted one. You have to take him and the show with a grain of salt. I dont think of it as a real car show, I think of it as watching a comedy with some really cool cars. :D

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They call Viper rubbish and absolute garbage.

Where is the nearest barn that we can take them behind and give them the proper beating as they deserve?

Viper wins and they still say buy a Vette? :rolleyes:

Fifth Gear Viper vs Vette

Yeah I've seen this WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HE THINKING?? why compare if your going to pick the loser anyway??

I can tell you this I own a Viper and a Z06 (mind you the Z06 is 5 years newer) and in brute force (I.E. Balls) the snake will destroy the vette everytime, Fun factor? Same result, Handling IMO (some disagree) the Snake wins that as well.

The only "events" the Z06 wins in is the comfort, features (bells and whistles) and interior (the snakes is VERY cheap)BUT these things are NOT what a sports/muscle is all about.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed with STUGOTS above. Had the '04 Z06, traded UP for the '05 Black Viper Vert. Bare bones inside-TRUE; but takes the cake WAYYYYYY over the Z06. Craftmanship aside! ~juli

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT/10 Doesn't like Stopping???????????????

I can tell he really knows what he's talking about.

And why was the Vette having cornering issues with TC?

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure why but I love 5th gear. I think he is hilarious. I know he flames all the US cars but I've also seen a show he did on the Viper where he drove it, slammed it and then said with a grin that he loved it and wanted one. You have to take him and the show with a grain of salt. I dont think of it as a real car show, I think of it as watching a comedy with some really cool cars. :D

+1 Rizzo is right, it's just entertainment...not a real car comparo..... Ya gotta laugh, the Brits have always love to say the American cars are overpowered and junk ( even 40 years ago... that was said about the Sunbeam Tiger and the Cobra)

Just a silly show with a couple of screwballs having fun :crazy:

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi crazy,

I thought that the Sunbeam Tiger was built in Coventry, England but used the little 265 Ford V8?

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiger originally had the 260, then a special cast 260 (allowing installation of 289 heads) then the 289. there were 2 prototypes: A shoehorn job w/ auto trans by Kenny Miles & and a fully engineered one by Shelby. The Shelby one was sent by banana boat to England for evaluation. The "poorman's cobra" was better appointed than the Cobra & though only about 2500 lbs was hampered by small wheelbase & inadequate brakes & wheels.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite as it seems I am afraid as the 5th Gear show was filmed after Top Gear and the car had been abused by the TG team.

After the 5th gear show the car had, new engine and transmission including rear diff, drive shafts four new tyres and one wheel.

I guess by the time they drove it it was trashed.

Both are excellent race car drivers not writers so they know what the were talking about but the SRT was trashed and the Vette brand new.

I do agree that the smile on his face meant he enjoyed the Viper experience.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that a drift contest????????????? maybe somebody should give them lessons on the proper way to drive a road circuit.What looks fast on video is actually Wayyyyy slow.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Gee, I wish I would have seen that before I bought my Viper(s).

And after 8 years of Viper ownership and nearly 150,000 miles between the two of them I'm still in love with the "rubbish."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang