Finally bought a Viper today

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sold my 800 HP Supercharged C6 Z06 last week and used the left over money to purchase a 2004 SRT10 with 13k miles.

So far I love the car. Definitely prefer the aggressive look of the Viper over my Z06. People don't just stare like the Z06.. they have to stop and talk to you.

Previous owner was definitely clueless on taking care of nice cars. Spent all day detailing, waxing, and cleaning the interior up, but she looks as good as new now.

Definitely down on power compared to the Z06 atm, but a few mods and a Supercharger will fix that problem. Seem almost sluggish compared how crazy 800 HP is in a 3100 lb car.

Mods will begin almost immediately.:2tu:

PICS AS PROMISED:

You must be registered for see images attach

Also ordering new tires and wheels tonight. Going with the 2010 Viper wheels with PS2's. Stupid Nitto Invos are back ordered and the rear tires on their now are like slicks and I'm not going to wait.

Last edited:

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. Hope you didnt go with the slower colors .....like yellow or red. Once you go black....lol:2tu:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I came from a blown Z06 aswell and it's the best car decision I ever made! Love the Viper!

Congrats.

Andy Wheeler

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride!
Did you try VPA for Nitto's? They were on backorder the last part of last year, but they started producing them again in Jan or Feb. I got a set right when they started making them again.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! Except for the wheels, she looks just like my black '03 I bought last year. I guess coming from your supercharged LS7, it may seem down on power, but honestly, I can easily get myself into trouble at just (a little over) stock power levels. Watch that torque, that's where people get snake-bit. Put the top down, and go enjoy that car!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, Blainne...CONGRATS !!! Keep an eye on the IN/KY VCA section...guests are always welcome at our events...AND, there are several coming up near you.

Our Southern Director posts here as "Stretch"...Great Guy, VERY helpful to our KY Members.

If you need any info or help, contact him...OR give me a call.

P.S. as always with new 2004 owners, I am obligated to say " check the torque on your crank damper bolt ASAP".

jsarker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase from a fellow Viper newbie. I also have a similar transition of coming from a faster car (although mine is only slightly faster), but the Viper is still a much more fun car.

Sounds like you already have plans to resolve that horsepower issue, though. :)

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car but love the Vette too. A local friend sold his viper and has the stock wheels for sale. PM me and ill give you his email and phone. Located in Knoxville.

OP
OP
B

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi, Blainne...CONGRATS !!! Keep an eye on the IN/KY VCA section...guests are always welcome at our events...AND, there are several coming up near you.

Our Southern Director posts here as "Stretch"...Great Guy, VERY helpful to our KY Members.

If you need any info or help, contact him...OR give me a call.

P.S. as always with new 2004 owners, I am obligated to say " check the torque on your crank damper bolt ASAP".

Sent you a PM. I'll try to make the Detail event this weekend if I'm back in time.

Also I did a search in the forums and google. What is the Torque specs for the Crank pulley bolt? Would like to check it before I take her out to Louisville, KY.

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black & Yellow, Black & Yellow, Black & Yellow

Best of both worlds, congrats and enjoy!

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done. Think about striping? My car before and after. Local Dodge dealer (where I bought car) did it to factory specs (color and dimensions).

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA forums!

If you need anything let me know, I'm just up the road a little ways. I think I got an email out to you yesterday as well.

-Stretch (Jason)

OP
OP
B

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well done. Think about striping? My car before and after. Local Dodge dealer (where I bought car) did it to factory specs (color and dimensions).

If I went with a coupe I would definitely stripe it. Haven't seen a black Vert. yet that I like the stripes on it yet. I'm going to change over the wheels, hood, exhaust, and add a custom Nav. unit first. Then who knows...

Be sure to check this cruise coming up if you haven't seen it yet on June 3rd.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...55#post2970655

Won't be in town for the cruise on June 3rd. I'll be able to make the detailing event on May 21st though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang