First time ever on a track..Look @ times

VIPERMIKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Big Track at Willow Springs.

This is my best time for the day,,,,with 20" rims and street tires...

Never been on a track before.

1:40:02

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike
We missed you at the track 2/4, beat you by a bit 1.38.9 still on my orignal tires with 10k miles. Want to come out an play?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Michael,

You are a natural at this for sure. That's a good time. You should have been there a couple of weekends ago. John did really well too.

You guys be careful on street tires. A bunch of guys went "off roading" that weekend. One SRT-10 went rock crawling and will spend a month or so in the body shop (30K damages). Another GTS went about 1000 feet off track, mostly backwards. His underside and fascia are likely in trouble. Several others went into the dirt / rocks as well.

My wife's GTS had diff problems. Diff clutches were engaging and disengaging under power in right hand turns causing the rear tires to lock and unlock. Not real comfortable at speed. Willow is mostly right hand turns. She spun twice, went into the dirt once. During the second spin she lost the serpentine belt. We put the S belt back on and took it very easy for the remainder of the day without any further issues. Fortunately, the GTS got only a small scrape on the lower fascia.

Interesting weekend.

Dan