gen3 Greg Goods, cam and exhaust #s

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My paxton deal fell through so now im looking in another direction for some power. Does anyone have some gen3 Greg Good heads , cam and headders that makes over 600rwhp? I have heard about cars doing it but wanted to look at a dyno sheet or chat with a owner before pulling the trigger . Thanks.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are some Gen 2's out there I know with GG heads and cam with our M&M Performance headers that mad 600RWHP

OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
did you ask Greg? and he can give you plenty of references.

I have talked to him a few times, Im just wanting to see a dyno sheet with mods that hits the 600+ mark to see what and where everything happens. Maybe some cam specs too.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested as well. ViperTony just buttoned up his genII. I think he went to the dyno to tune yesterday. Odd that there arent many GenIII builds.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested as well. ViperTony just buttoned up his genII. I think he went to the dyno to tune yesterday. Odd that there arent many GenIII builds.

Nader, yeah it's buttoned up but I'm resolving and exhaust leak at my header collectors. But I won't be tuning until 8/20 so I won't have any numbers until then. I hope this power is as wicked as it sounds. :)

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd that there arent many GenIII builds.

I agree, most seem to go the FI route. Which I guess when you are looking at bang for the buck, the Supercharges are hard to beat. I myself still prefer the sound of a well built NA motor with a big cam. Although the V10 still sounds different to me compared to the V8s I've heard my entire life, good but different.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My paxton deal fell through so now im looking in another direction for some power. Does anyone have some gen3 Greg Good heads , cam and headders that makes over 600rwhp? I have heard about cars doing it but wanted to look at a dyno sheet or chat with a owner before pulling the trigger . Thanks.

A&C Performance will shortly be tuning my newly built motor that has GG heads and cam. Todd will doing a custom SCT tune.

The car also has a K&N, match ported intake, Xmetal TB, Breather, 1 3/4 American Racing, no cats, stock mufflers, Fidanza flywheel, Center Force clutch, 3.33 Unitrax.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like people have said..Greg Good isnt always gonna tell you what you want to hear but he will give it to you straight..

Im pretty sure he said for stage 1 heads and port matched manifold it was worth 35-40 rwhp....

So asuming your around 500 rwhp with the basic bolt ons then thats around 540 rwhp...
I never asked him the specifics on the cam plus more agressive heads ect. although I would imagine 100 rwhp is very achievable...The word on the street is that his all out done heads flow very similar to the pricey styker heads...

Call him up..He is a very honest guy...It's funny because I was talking to him and another vendor at the same time about haveing somthing done and the one guy was swearing 15-20 rwhp ect. While Greg swore 3-5 rwhp would be a lot..Gregs price was a third of the others..But per his advice I didnt even do it..

Showed me how some just want your money and dont really care if you get the power your seeking and that Greg...Im sure wants money as well but seems as if he would rather you get the power for your money and he aint gonna sugar coat it..

Sledgehammer

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What mods would it take add 100 HP to a Gen 3 Engine without turbo, supercharger or nitrous? Thx :)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
say stock is 440 rwhp..

kn air intake/bbk throttle body/american raceing headers/corsa exhaust/cat delete/sct tune/findanza light weight fly wheel/under drive pulley...

These will get you to 495-505 rwhp..just say 500 rwhp..

your still 40 rwhp short...

have to do a stage 1 ported head/manifold to get the other 40 rwhp..

After all that you would be at stock 2008 power only with more useable power down low