Has anyone installed the CCW........

JBS99HT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm insterested in purchasing the CCW SP600 wheels (same size as stock). I called to asked a couple of questions about the wheels, and was told that the rear wheels need a spacer. Also the two front screws on the brake calipers need to be filed down to avoid rubbing the inside of the wheel. Has anybody done this before.? How about some pictures of an SRT Conv. with these wheels.

Thanks to all of you as always,

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope that your going to change your tires from oem. If you don't and still use run craps they might bend your aftermarket wheels. Run craps use a heavier wheel due to the stiff sidewalls. look into it 1st

vd..

OP
OP
J

JBS99HT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was planning on using the same tires since the wheels are machined out of aircraft quality aluminum. I didn't think it would be a problem. I will look into that issue. Thanks for the warning. What tires do you recomend and how much money are we talking about?

Thanks,

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1st off you gotta bet nuts if your going to pay a lot of change for new rims and keep them the same oem size.

2nd keeping those run craps.

if I were you I would go with 19/20 rims and perelli's

oem wheels size wheels are kinda worthless.

you asked so I told. don't get offended

good luck

vd..

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must agree with Viper D. 19's and 20's look incredible not to mention the weight savings and improvement in ride quality and traction.

9384DSC02897-med.JPG

OP
OP
J

JBS99HT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader those wheels look great!!! You guys sold me on the idea. How much money can I get for my wheels and tires (1700 miles in great condition)?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment.

I still have my stock rims and tires. I havent decided whether I want to sell them or not. I would figure you could get somewhere around $2500.

Get 19's and 20's. You cant go wrong.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that 20's would decrease traction, because of less sidewall, wouldn't it?

I like Austin's idea of 19's all around... with different tires than the runflats.

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that mamba looks quite choice with those wheels--what exact kind are they and what did they cost--did they come black?

OP
OP
J

JBS99HT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin that Mamba looks sick!!! What is it about 19's all around that makes it look better, rather than 19 and 20 wheels.? I think 20s with the higher wall tire would look good and would decrease the gap. Any specs on the wider wall tires?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While that car does look nice, I think the rear rim would look better if it was a 20. Take a look at this one...

Same rim and tire package as I have but lowered. This car has been posted on this website before. It inspired me to get the HREs.
9384Rder_Viper_HREs_lowered-med.jpg

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
When it comes to wheels / tires, everyone has an opinion. It really depends on what you want to accomplish, how you intend to use the car and your power level.

IMHO;

- Street cruising, 19/19 or 19/20 polished or chromed looks good. Pirellis work well too. You just can't get any really sticky tires with 19's or 20's, so your performance will suffer.

- 18's all around and lowered with sticky tires like Kumhos or Proxes work quite well and look good too. You can even run drag radials on the rear with 18's.

Good luck,

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper