I think I broke something...

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well not really but I do have a slight oil leak! Oil is dripping from right under the flywheel... Anybody have any Ideals on what might be wrong.:mad:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could be a lot of things. last year i had the same thing happen and it was a poorly sealed threaded plug on the rear of the engine after it was built, it was behind the flywheel. not a fun fix. thank god i didnt have to pay to fix it.

id guess the pan gasket though. or maybe the back of the valve cover ?

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.. or the clutch slave cylinder, how's the level in the reservoir? Do you have the inspection cover off, can you see which side of the flywheel is wet with oil?

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If its oil and not clutch fluid as mentioned, it could be the rear oil seal or seal retainer gasket. Just got finished replacing both on mine a couple of months ago. No oil leak so far. It was dripping off the back of the oil pan though. Thought it was the pan gasket at first but of course it couldn't be that easy.

OP
OP
J

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car has 14k miles on it. I hope its not something to difficult.

OP
OP
J

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey just found what was wrong with the car. Drove it a little today with no problems, stopped and got something to eat when it was time to leave I pushed the clutch in and boom straight to the floor she went!!! So Im guessing the slave cylinder went to ****...

OP
OP
J

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any ideals where to get the best price on a new slave cylinder? Does anybody make a better part then the factory piece of crap...

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I stock the slave cylinders. Might be a good time to replace the clutch and upgrade the flywheel as well.

Chuck stocks this stuff as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang