I'd Sure Like To Drive It

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my 1st "Can I drive your Viper"?

Neighbor down the street asked and I said "NOT GOING TO HAPPEN" :rolaugh:

He went on to explain how he has had fast cars before bla bla bla :rolleyes: :eater:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might sound a little cocky and I never mean it to be but I always say..."Sure you can drive it, if you can write me a check for $80K the will not bounce."

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This might sound a little cocky and I never mean it to be but I always say..."Sure you can drive it, if you can write me a check for $80K the will not bounce."
You are 100 % correct. If not you're stuck with " Sorry, I didn't meen to wreck your car".

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh:

My Wife told him "are you kidding" "I'm lucky to be this close to the drivers seat" :lmao:

I am convinced, that a lot of crashes happen because the "buddy" who borrowed your car thinks they may never get another chance to drive it and better take this opportunity to open it up. :omg::nono:

Reaction score
I find that most people assume you will not let them and that's why they ask. I always say sure here you go, but remember that it can spin the tires at over 100 mph so make sure you are going straight when it happens... Never have had a taker. :rolaugh:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood how people felt comfortable asking to drive someone elses car. No matter what it is, I feel that what if something happens. Maybe it is just me.

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a friend that we always let each other drive our cars. Chevelles, 1st gen Camaros, Corvettes plus BMWs, Lexus etc......He's not going to be happy, but he's not driving my Viper ;)

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get this too from time to time. I say sure, just bring 100K in cash and I'll let you drive it. and when you bring it back in one piece, you get 99.5K back.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only person I have let drive mine is my sister. I stopped about 3 miles from the house where there was no traffic and only 3 traffic lights to let her get behind the wheel. She is older than I am and NOT a hot rod kind of person. I explained how the pedals are shifted over to the left from what she is used to in her Toyota. She did exactly as I had anticipated..... she took off fine and was in 4'th before we even hit 20 MPH! We got home fine and the smile on her face and memories she will have for the rest of her life, were worth the few minutes of worry I had. Now, that being said, letting a friend drive? NO WAY!! and have been asked countless times. I usually just tell them my insurance only covers me driving. That works without having to insult them.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I let my Viper guy friends drive mine, that's about it, I won't let anyone else.

I've only met a few female friends that are in the Viper club and they don't even know how to drive a shift.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a 16 year old girl ask me once and was serious... Granted, I was 19 and she was a friend, but my jaw dropped when she thought I SHOULD say yes...

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had people jokeingly ask but I still find that rude because I am forced to answer with an annoyed no? Like how would they feel if I asked if I could get a ****** from threre girlfriend or wife? Its just rude and I don't find any humor in it. I understand its a juvenile way of being excited from seeing a viper but think before you open your pie hole. Ohh Happy Monday:D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dated a girl who got mad at me because I wouldn't teach her to drive a manual on the Viper :rolaugh: I told her to find someone with a manual Civic or something and I'd spend all the time I needed to teaching her. I've let a few friends drive mine, but always in an empty parking lot w/me in the passenger seat. The car is not in any danger and they get to say they "drove" a Viper. Only my dad and a couple techs have driven it on public roads

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I've taught both my kids to drive stick on the Viper. Since I've also used a Viper to compete in the Cannonball One Lap of America I had no choice but to let my co-drivers drive it. They've even tracked it. Neither of the two co-drivers I've had previously drove a Viper however they were accomplished drivers and both are certified track instructors. They also knew to respect the car.

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be the odd one out here but I actually offer my friends and colleagues to drive my Viper :drive:I tell them that they may not ever get an opportunity to drive a Viper again (let alone a Supercharged Viper making 712 rwhp) so they better do it. Most of them do not dare to drive it though. I understand they can wreck it but what the heck...friends first.....ALWAYS!!!

Oh yeah...and I also teach my 6 year old how to drive a stick shift on my Viper !

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might be the odd one out here but I actually offer my friends and colleagues to drive my Viper :drive:I tell them that they may not ever get an opportunity to drive a Viper again (let alone a Supercharged Viper making 712 rwhp) so they better do it. Most of them do not dare to drive it though. I understand they can wreck it but what the heck...friends first.....ALWAYS!!!

Oh yeah...and I also teach my 6 year old how to drive a stick shift on my Viper !

And until your ownership status changes, you will continue to be the "odd one" because very few people will actually believe you. :rolleyes:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? 6-year old...I gotta call :bsm: on that one :smirk:. You may let your 6-year old move the shift around, but he's not learning how to drive a stick in your viper...that would be slightly dangerous and the Child Services people would be knocking down your door.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YES ODD ONE OUT! Not just wreck it "Kill themselves in it"

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had people jokeingly ask but I still find that rude because I am forced to answer with an annoyed no? Like how would they feel if I asked if I could get a ****** from threre girlfriend or wife? Its just rude and I don't find any humor in it. I understand its a juvenile way of being excited from seeing a viper but think before you open your pie hole. Ohh Happy Monday:D

Hey Shandon can I drive your car?!?!?!?!?! :drive:

:rolaugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets