Installed: Kicker KS600 6.5" Speakers

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To update this thread... I just sent back the Polk/Momo MMC650's and ordered the Polk DS651s. They will be here tomorrow and I'll install them and provide my thoughts compared to the Kickers.

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I just received the Polk DB651s and I installed them. The connectors are the same size as the Kickers, so I didn't have to reattache new connectors. Polk doesn't give you any though, so if you buy these you will have to purcahse some female connectors to attach the wiring to the speakers. Not a big deal.

What I noticed was that it's a pretty tight fit for the speaker grille to cover the Polk speaker. It fits, but it's very snug and you need to be careful when you attach it. I fitted the speaker grille first, then fitted the speaker to the door. I installed the speakers upside-down so this way the writing on the tweeters was straight.

First thing I noticed was that they are amazingly crisp and clear. I can see that the woofer doesn't move as much as it did with the Kickers, and it seems like they lack a little bit of the bass that the Kickers have. However, I think that the overall sound quality from these is better. With that said, I also am very anal and picky when it comes to stuff like this, so most people probably wouldn't notice.

If you don't want to wait to do your speakers, then run to Circuit City and pick up the Kickers. If you don't mind waiting a day or two, give Crutchfield a call and order the Polk's. You won't be disappointed.

Now with that done, I'll move on to finding a sub that fits. :)

- Anthony

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the diamond speakers today and they are such an upgrade. Best of all they are components so I replaced both door and dash speakers. The doors speakers needed to be re-drilled to fit the speaker grills. The dash are easy pull covers off and install. It works great with the factory crossover settings. I can turn radio up to full volume with no distortion. They could handle more power than factory amp puts out. My new subwoffer will be here tomorrow so I will be installing it shortly, and let you know how that goes.

Joshua

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the diamond speakers today and they are such an upgrade. Best of all they are components so I replaced both door and dash speakers. The doors speakers needed to be re-drilled to fit the speaker grills. The dash are easy pull covers off and install. It works great with the factory crossover settings. I can turn radio up to full volume with no distortion. They could handle more power than factory amp puts out. My new subwoffer will be here tomorrow so I will be installing it shortly, and let you know how that goes.

Joshua

Could you give us part # for those please?
Claude

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are Diamond D362 6 inch components. They also make a coax version. But you do need new holes drilled so they can be mounted. The Sub is a JL 6w0 4. Let me know if you need any other help. Have pics on my phone will upload shortly.

Joshua

V

Venomiss

Hurry up and join us so this can be copied to the Illustrated section.:)

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed JL 6w0. IT holes even line up so no holes need to be drilled. it is a nice up grade. Not to sure if I like the ported box sound or not with a better speaker in it. I used 2 layers of dynamatt on the front of the box and removed plastic ring around magnet of speaker to fit better. Might go back and seal the box and take port out in the future.

Joshua

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this install this weekend using Boston speakers. Had to drill two new mounting holes in the speaker to fit. After I got them in, I really couldn't tell it sounded better. This weekend I'm going to try the Diamond D362's. I think the stock has plenty of high end sound, it needs more low and mid bass to me.
How did the JL sub turn out and do you have pics yet?

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you look in post about removeing rear panel there are pics of JL in the car. You will have to re drill the Diamond speakers. What Boston speaker did you put in?

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were Boston S65RC. They were a tight fit, the terminal connections on the back are very close to the edge of the speaker opening. I had tried the SX65 but those are to big for the factory grill covers to go back on.
Also,
The green wire was pos and my car is an 06.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a Kicker 6" subwoofer between the seats. Huge improvement. Had to bolt thru the enclosure to keep it from blowing apart. Sounds clearer, louder and deeper than stock. Best $72 I could spend. Check online. Found mine for $59 plus shipping.

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a Kicker 6" subwoofer between the seats. Huge improvement. Had to bolt thru the enclosure to keep it from blowing apart. Sounds clearer, louder and deeper than stock. Best $72 I could spend. Check online. Found mine for $59 plus shipping.

:1up: Got any pics?

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome news, this was my next step. Which kicker model did you use? Any pics of the install?

daffyduck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crutchfield has these Kicker ks600 speakers on sale for $49.99 with free shipping.I'll let you know how they sound.

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok ok ok, i've had enough... you cheap ******** buy $100k cars and put aftermarket speakers in them that cost $50!!! ***... either leave them alone and listen to the snake purr or do it right. I'm guessing that most people that have these cars are either very successful high end peeps that appreciate the finer things in life (this doesn't include the KS Kicker speaker series) and can tell the difference between a $25 speaker ($50 for two) and a $500 set.

do you yahoo's realize that the nav deck is $1600 from Chrysler? why would you upgrade using a pos speaker?

flame away...

the 2nd type of viper driver is a viper driver... that is they ordered the acr extreme or are usually driving so fast that they don't turn on the stereo or their top is down:)

p.s. if you want to do it "right" sort of, then do this...
all kicker speakers... 6.5, 4x6 behind the headrest and 2-10's...
You must be registered for see images

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason people do the upgraded door speakers is simply for those looking for better sound with the factory setup while maintaining the factory look. For $100 bucks (I did the polks) the sound is far superior to the stock speakers. It is a night and day difference and would recommend it to all that will keep their factory setup.

As for doing it right, that is purely subjective since I believe you did yours all wrong. Sorry.

ok ok ok, i've had enough... you cheap ******** buy $100k cars and put aftermarket speakers in them that cost $50!!! ***... either leave them alone and listen to the snake purr or do it right. I'm guessing that most people that have these cars are either very successful high end peeps that appreciate the finer things in life (this doesn't include the KS Kicker speaker series) and can tell the difference between a $25 speaker ($50 for two) and a $500 set.

do you yahoo's realize that the nav deck is $1600 from Chrysler? why would you upgrade using a pos speaker?

flame away...

the 2nd type of viper driver is a viper driver... that is they ordered the acr extreme or are usually driving so fast that they don't turn on the stereo or their top is down:)

p.s. if you want to do it "right" sort of, then do this...
all kicker speakers... 6.5, 4x6 behind the headrest and 2-10's...

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Crutchfield has these Kicker ks600 speakers on sale for $49.99 with free shipping.I'll let you know how they sound.

Thanks for the information as some of us do not like to spend $500 on speakers. Would rather spend my money doing other things to the viper (e.g. Getting the crank bolt pin down so that I do not lose an engine).

Rev

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all purely subjective but since you asked, i will give you my opinion. The side door speakers need grills and I not a fan at all of big boom boxes. They weight a ton and just produce lots of vibration. The big sub boxes I find are more to impress the surrounding cars then the person in the car. I have found the stock stereo with some minor upgrades works great.

Again this is my opinion. Different strokes for different folks and I certainly believe in that.

Fair enough do tell Nader? What did I do wrong? Trunk space?!?

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough do tell Nader? What did I do wrong? Trunk space?!?

Yes that box is horrible, definitely old school or DYI install, a lot of the custom stereo shops are getting more and more into integration and away from such boxes priding themselves on making it look as if the install came from the factory. If I were to do a custom stereo in my car I would have Fiberglassed the subs into the corners or a false floor of some sort. That would have saved weight to boot.

Tony2

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think seabass is only jesting with us , besides this is doing it right

39kf.jpg
53zv.jpg
20on.jpg

I vaguely recall this vehicle, if I remember correctly it was done at Audiolines in Burnaby BC, good guys there and do extremely NICE work! They used to be customers of mine approx 10 years ago and even back then they had a carbon fiber bonding/vacuum machine.

Anyhow that one looks good!

Tony2

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21