***just Converted My Convert To A Coupe***

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still anxiously waiting to see how the rear spoiler is unfolding. I would like to see how well it integrates with the top. As I mentioned earlier, would we be able to request for a coupe rear decklid if we wanted to go all out with the quarter panels, rear facia, etc?

Billy The Kidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the carbon fiber conversion, is just the roof itself carbon fiber or is the trunk piece made of carbon fiber too? If anyone can simulate a carbon fiber top on a copperhead, i would be greatly appreciative and not to mention i am an impulsive buyer!!! ;)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! I agree that the 06 SRT Coupe looks like an 02 GTS, but this looks like DC snuck one in on everyone w/out announcing it! Its how DC should have done it in the first place in my view! Hey, lose the skirts and the (Look I gotta wing!) rear wing and people will be stalking you to get this kit. Myself? I think there is nothing sexier than a rag top, so its not for me; but for coupe lovers this is better than the factory edition! Good job!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you show what it looks like with the trunk/window open.

very interested to see if you can put in golf clubs or luggage.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any pics of the carbon fiber version? rollbar installation pics? how about a detailed installation procedure(ie instruction sheet) It is a very nice looking top I would just like some more details if possible on the finished product , like weight,rear mounting ect before committing

I will probably have something like this put together in the next week or so, PM me your email address for when I have it to send to you.

Thanks

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the carbon fiber conversion, is just the roof itself carbon fiber or is the trunk piece made of carbon fiber too? If anyone can simulate a carbon fiber top on a copperhead, i would be greatly appreciative and not to mention i am an impulsive buyer!!! ;)

The entire roof and rear will be CF, we will also have our 4 different CF hoods out by then as well for a complete CF look

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! I agree that the 06 SRT Coupe looks like an 02 GTS, but this looks like DC snuck one in on everyone w/out announcing it! Its how DC should have done it in the first place in my view! Hey, lose the skirts and the (Look I gotta wing!) rear wing and people will be stalking you to get this kit. Myself? I think there is nothing sexier than a rag top, so its not for me; but for coupe lovers this is better than the factory edition! Good job!

Thanks Black1,

I appreciate the comments and the kudos.

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you show what it looks like with the trunk/window open.

very interested to see if you can put in golf clubs or luggage.

Gr8,

You lose absolutely no space, so if you can fit your clubs in your SRT10 you fit them in here, I still have the convert top in my SRT10 so I have no pics of the extra space you pic up if you remove the convert top.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the space is the same. But how is the ingress? Not sure how it would be if the opening is the glass. That is why a picture with it open would help.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gr8,

The ingress is the same as the SRT10 convert, our hatch is the entire trunk lid and license plate area, just like the SRT Coupe, so your trunk popper will still work to open the hatch, as well as the key, just like when you open your trunk now.

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still anxiously waiting to see how the rear spoiler is unfolding. I would like to see how well it integrates with the top. As I mentioned earlier, would we be able to request for a coupe rear decklid if we wanted to go all out with the quarter panels, rear facia, etc?

I guess this means no. That's alright. Count me in for the carbon fiber/rear glass. :headbang:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, just brought our composites division in house, and things are moving sooooo much faster now. I had originally prototyped this conversion a couple of years ago ( you may remember the post with a black SRT10 that Chris Marshal posted ). And now after moving all our molds in house on thursday last week we got to the business end of this conversion and got her done on Friday. There are still a few detail pieces to tweak but so far so good.

Once the incorporated roll bar is installed ( 1hr ) the change over from coupe to convert and back gain takes about an hour with 2 people.

What I did here is replace the entire trunk with a hatch back that bolts up to a roll bar that also supports the roof. The roof panel latches to the windshield just like the convertible top does. Rear window ( hatch ) has rear defrost.

The convertible top is still in the car and the car can convert right back in less than an hour just by removing the hatch (4 bolts ) and then the roof ( 4 bolts and a latch ) then the stock trunk gets bolted back on and viola back to a vert. Here are some pics...

DSCF1854ASM.jpg

Can you post a "before" and "after" conversion picture in the same thread? I am having a hard time imagining... age! Just post an older picture of your car along with the converted picture both from the side. Just from the side would be fine. Thanks.:)

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Work....makes me want to find a Gen III with convertible and let the fun begin.....lets see if Santa took big orders it'd be a Black Mamba with this conversion and a twin turbo setup just for good measure. Prices are very reasonable, I'd definitely spring for the Carbon Fiber with glass rear window!

Let's see what the new year brings!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update is that I have not made production versions yet. The prototype was made to last forever and it is still fine.

I lent it a year ago to Todd Whilite (Utah Viper) for his TWin Turbo run to over 200, he went off the road and pretty much wrecked his car but the roof and hatch survived with only cosmetic damage.

If I were to see a ROLE CALL of all those interested in this package, I would probably finish the molds and make a few dozen., I can post more pics as well. and will do so later today

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want thr ACR look...but I still want to be able to put the top down. I was thinking I'd pick up your top and get the ACR aero stuff. Would the top be able to support an ACR wing?

please get some more pics up!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about that front end in your avitar? Are those available? Also in one of your posts you mentioned adding some sort of lip spoiler to the top, ever work that out?

Jax419

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow love it! Do not have a viper yet but Plan on getting one in the comming year and when I do, Im PM'ing you and going to try to convince you to make me one.