***just Converted My Convert To A Coupe***

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMN! That looks pretty good. Could it support an ACR wing?

More than likely, this thing is built way stronger than the stock coupe hatch, in fact I am surprised that the ACR can support the downforce of the wing it has on it when you actually look at the support that is inside the hatch understructure where they have bolted the wing to (NONE!)

here is a pic of it with a wing
groupshot.jpg

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fit looks perfect, very factory looking. Adding a wing will take it from mild to wild. Who was going to reproduce the ACR stuff?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fit looks perfect, very factory looking. Adding a wing will take it from mild to wild. Who was going to reproduce the ACR stuff?
XVipers was suppose to of been, I know they were working on it but not sure how far it has come along. Right now the only option is the OEM.

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool. Anyone want to use their awesome photoshop skills and add in a Hennessey deck spoiler? :D Also, how much weight does this add? Does this just close the gap in weight difference between the coupe and 'vert or does it add a bit more because of the soft top that still is in the car?

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool. Anyone want to use their awesome photoshop skills and add in a Hennessey deck spoiler? :D Also, how much weight does this add? Does this just close the gap in weight difference between the coupe and 'vert or does it add a bit more because of the soft top that still is in the car?

if he makes these I'll install it with the hennessey spoiler :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am presently revisiting this project, I have the prototype sitting in the back of my shop and I have been working on getting a convert back in here so I can finalize some things,

I recently started making ACR wings and some nice lip spoilers, the options are endless.

I think it will great with a hennessey style lip spoiler in CF or painted.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you still honoring the preorder group buy price then?

If so I'm in for the Carbon Fiber with defrost glass kit, $4995.00.

And the Pricing is........
For preorders only, order before the end of March, Shipments should start mid to end of MAY
Our convert to coupe conversion will be...
$2995.00 for fiberglass with a lexan rear window,
$3495.00 For fiberglass with a glass rear window with defrost and all,
and..
$4495.00 for Carbon Fiber with a lexan window in the back.
$4995.00 for Carbon Fiber with a real glass rear window with defrost et all.
We strongly recomend the glass window, but some of you may be racer types who want to save as much weight as possible.
Adding a Mopar original or similar rear glass with defrost will results in a $200.00 credit ( delete lexan ) and a $700 charge for a total of $3495 ( $2995-$200+$700 ) or simply add $500.00 to upgrade to a glass rear window.
Once we are in full production the regular non sale price will be
Fiberglass $3995 - lexan, $4495.00 with glass.
Order now and you will get a full $1000.00 off the regular price.
The carbon Fiber version will come in at $5495 with a lexan hatch, and $5995 with a glass hatch.
There will be a crating charge and naturally shipping to your location will need to be added as well

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has said this but one of the reasons I have not ever been attracted to the convertibles was due to the rear of the car. I now have to re-think this.

I really think the profile of this conversion is great ! Where I didn't like the rear now I really think it has a unique very clean look.

Almost makes me consider getting a 2008 convertible since now I could have the "best" of both worlds in an affordable package.:2tu:

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is very nice work.

This certainly makes those looking for 06 coupes to think. Seems like buying a 03 vert and adding this would be a cheaper alternative.

I do like the coupes rear more though. Any chance of making a deck spoiler that would extend to mimic the coupes fender over the tail lights?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is very nice work.

This certainly makes those looking for 06 coupes to think. Seems like buying a 03 vert and adding this would be a cheaper alternative.

I do like the coupes rear more though. Any chance of making a deck spoiler that would extend to mimic the coupes fender over the tail lights?

That is part of the new agenda :2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...just wow....some of these guys are crzy with the wing stuff..that thing looks straight up like a clean ferrari from the back with your top..simply amazeing job you have done..

im all about weight...if you remove the convertable top altogether and add your fiberglass with lexan glass combo how much weight savings are you guessin...

i already have an autoform roll bar...cant wait to see the details On your mounting bar...you seem like you know your stuff and i bet you have already been ponderin a autoform kit that attaches to the autoform and allows installation of your top...well done and truly cant wait...this is what weve been waiting for

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
+1 .... and the dirt way down underneath might not be as obvious. I took that picture after what I thought was a thorough wash as I got stuck driving thru some road construction with some wet mud.

I love the car but it would look even better if you painted that lower valence black..maybe a flat black.

Austin, any chance for a photo shop?