***just Converted My Convert To A Coupe***

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in (assuming reasonable pricing) if you can get the roll bar and hardtop seperately approved for VRL, SCCA, etc. like the autoform products. That would enable one to not have to run the hardtop if they didn't want to and just the rollbar.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in (assuming reasonable pricing) if you can get the roll bar and hardtop seperately approved for VRL, SCCA, etc. like the autoform products. That would enable one to not have to run the hardtop if they didn't want to and just the rollbar.

NORICE,

The Pricing will be good, the roll bar will provide more protection than the one in the new Viper Coupe, It is similar to the Viper Coupe roll bar but with 2 times as many attachment points and made from stronger steel, not the cold rolled pig iron that the stock bar is made from. The hard top will not attach to the car without the roll bar as it is an integral mounting point and thus provides much more safety than other hardtops that have no structural support but are already certified for VRL, and SCCA. The hatch back also requires a strong mounting point as well and thus the other reason for teh roll bar. I personally think this will be the best of both worlds. If you do not want to use the roll bar when you are in convertible top down mode, the stock aluminum ( no protection ) roll hoops will bolt back in, in minutes. I am beautifying the roll bar and maybe shipping it chromed for those that want to drive around and show it off. You should be able to run in competition with just the roll bar though to answer your question.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats good. As say you are in vert mode with your roll bar installed and decided to run a race, I wouldn't want to have to put the hardtop back on if not needed.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice - truly the best of both worlds.

Oh - and I like the wing. ;) but then again - I am kinda used to seeing Gen IIIs with a wing.

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious...but if we wanted to go for the whole coupe look, would you be able to incorporate a coupe deck lid to match the coupe quarters & rear fascia?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious...but if we wanted to go for the whole coupe look, would you be able to incorporate a coupe deck lid to match the coupe quarters & rear fascia?

MURCI,

We will probably offer a something to simulate the coupe look if the demand presents itself, the hard part will alread be done but you the consumer will be looking at a lot of extra expense in tail lights etc. that are not required in this kit.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks best with the wing you have pictured. I think it adds balance. Has anyone mounted a similiar wing to the roadster? I know most don't like it, I just want to see it one with the front splitter as well. Any pics or photoshops (copperhead with carbon fiber splitter and comp coupe type wing please...then maybe black stripes and blacked out wheels.)

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish someone would make a front fascia for the Gen III like the one on this (Dynodaddy's) blue GTS.

You must be registered for see images

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like it. I'd want a wing... Can't wait to see one of these in person. Where in NorCal are you?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish someone would make a front fascia for the Gen III like the one on this (Dynodaddy's) blue GTS.

You must be registered for see images

We have one that looks like this ( stripes and splitter paint photoshopped on )

DSCF1623I.jpg

Without the photoshop work

DSCF1623G.jpg

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ILLSMOQ and me may have to make a road trip. Be cool to see it in person. Keep us updated.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job on blending the lines in the rear and creating a very clean look. From the pictures, you have done way better than Chyrsler's designers. But there is still one more line that doesn't flow.

It's the line where if you trace the outline of the window, it does not meet the outline of the door. Compare with a Gen 2 side shot if you don't understand me. If you get that right, I think you have the perfect coupe. Hell, I might even buy the 08 convertible and upgrade it to your coupe.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The work looks beautiful!!

I too always wondered like Tony A. and others did about the top. The CF look is killer! It reminds me of the SEMA car from MetalCrafters. How much effort would be involved to create a 'CF' package for the trunk forward to the hood all in cf?

Congrats again on a beautiful job.

Jay K.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The work looks beautiful!!

I too always wondered like Tony A. and others did about the top. The CF look is killer! It reminds me of the SEMA car from MetalCrafters. How much effort would be involved to create a 'CF' package for the trunk forward to the hood all in cf?

Congrats again on a beautiful job.

Jay K.

JAY,

We will be offering this complete package in both Carbon Fiber or FRP ( Fiber Glass ).

We are refining our Comp Coupe version 1 style hood, and our facia as well. between roof, trunk/hatch, hood, facia, side sills and lip spoiler or wing, it should make for a great package in Carbon Fiber or as you can see in the pics just FRP and painted looks good as well.

Thnaks for the compliments

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the Pricing is........

For preorders only, order before the end of March, Shipments should start mid to end of MAY

Our convert to coupe conversion will be...

$2995.00 for fiberglass with a lexan rear window,

$3495.00 For fiberglass with a glass rear window with defrost and all,

and..

$4495.00 for Carbon Fiber with a lexan window in the back.

$4995.00 for Carbon Fiber with a real glass rear window with defrost et all.

We strongly recomend the glass window, but some of you may be racer types who want to save as much weight as possible.

Adding a Mopar original or similar rear glass with defrost will results in a $200.00 credit ( delete lexan ) and a $700 charge for a total of $3495 ( $2995-$200+$700 ) or simply add $500.00 to upgrade to a glass rear window.

Once we are in full production the regular non sale price will be

Fiberglass $3995 - lexan, $4495.00 with glass.

Order now and you will get a full $1000.00 off the regular price.

The carbon Fiber version will come in at $5495 with a lexan hatch, and $5995 with a glass hatch.

There will be a crating charge and naturally shipping to your location will need to be added as well

N

Nobody

Any pics of the carbon fiber version? rollbar installation pics? how about a detailed installation procedure(ie instruction sheet) It is a very nice looking top I would just like some more details if possible on the finished product , like weight,rear mounting ect before committing

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I hope I can add some support to this thread. I met with Steve (the owner of this company) to review the work we were finishing on his Competition Coupe and GTS Viper the other day. I will admit that I have not seen his finished product on this conversion, but I can tell you that he is for real and has a high standard for his products. I would not be concerned about making a order.
It looks awesome.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Could you please restate what a customer would be receiving for the "kit"?

I am interested in FRP and a glass hatch.

thanks