Just Installed M&M Headers

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had seen a post from Mbccenter on M&M headers. They look very similar to Belangers. Best of all they are only $ 1600 for headers, y-pipe and connector pipe.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=605637

Anyways , fit and finish is very nice. Installed in a day,without having to move around too much stuff. Nice thing is their connector pipe has plenty of length so it was easy to fit my corsa up to it. Just cut about 3" off their piping. Now best part of all is the sound. It changed very nicely. Suprisingly there is less exhaust noise cruising in 4th or 5th gear then when I had just Corsa and no cats. Though it is louder at WOT, it is a very nice sound. A little throatier and deeper tone. Seems to not be as raspy as before. I really liked sound of Corsa and no cats. But I love sound of these headers and corsa, no cats. Its wicked.

My butt dyno said I picked up some power. It sems to pull harder up top. So first I started by running my friends Supercharged C6. Normally Im a half car to one car ahead on a 2nd gear roll on from 60-120. Well now Im pulling 2 cars or so on him.
So I went and put it on same dyno I always use. It was warm yesterday here in Ca, but I still showed a gain on dyno so I was happy. I last dyno'd a few weeks back at 496 rwhp, now with headers Im at 508 rwhp. The way the car pulls,feels and sounds, its seems like I got 30+hp, though the dyno showed a gain of 12 rwhp. I think Im going to play with the tune a little and see if I get a few more ponies. Other then that Im very happy. Especially since I was going to spend $3k on Belangers and I basically got same thing out of these headers for half the price.
I think MBCcenter is going to start producing more of these headers. He said PBJ from this board had installed 5-6 sets as well as a few others. I had never heard of them,but glad I tried them. So for anyone looking for a alternative, give them a try.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad deal at all considering the fact that with all the other headers, you have to buy or fab up connector pipes.

CIMG3685.JPG

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..Not a bad deal at all considering the fact that with all the other headers, you have to buy or fab up connector pipes.

NOT TRUE. NOT A FACT.

Belanger headers from PartsRack INCLUDE gaskets, bolts, and elbow-connector turnouts for all generations, as well as JetHot brand coating. If ordered to fit a CORSA they will fit a CORSA. Or to fit HF cats and then a CORSA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NOT TRUE. NOT A FACT.

Belanger headers from PartsRack INCLUDE gaskets, bolts, and elbow-connector turnouts for all generations, as well as JET HOT coating inside and out. And Belanger's use a D-port matched primaries..... dunno about this (good looking) copy...

I think he was talking about the fact that , I was told, Belanger headers would not "just " connect to a corsa exhaust. So the M&M Headers came with everything needed and literally bolt right up to my Corsa, without any fabrication. And his Kooks were nice, but had to buy the connector pipes which then priced them about the same as belangers.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT TRUE. NOT A FACT.

Belanger headers from PartsRack INCLUDE gaskets, bolts, and elbow-connector turnouts for all generations, as well as JET HOT coating inside and out. And Belanger's use a D-port matched primaries..... dunno about this (good looking) copy...

Oh...my mistake:shocked: Last time I checked my statement held true...but that was a long time ago. Please forgive me....and since you're here, how much is the comparable Bellanger System?

Also...I wouldn't be too excited about paper gaskets that come with the bellangers...those things should go straight into the trash....factory metal/layered are 20 dollars each.

Whoaa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would buy them if my car didn't have Headers already

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT TRUE. NOT A FACT.

Hopefully these M&M headers don't leak at the Y-connectors as the Belangers do.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They may look like Belangers at first but are not the same. They do have a similar type of y-connection but other that that they are completly different. We do have a D port to match the head. So far feedback has been great and have had some large dyno numbers like 1016 RWHP with a Paxton SRT. 719 RWHP on my Roe GTS with cats, 10lb, and 3:55 gears on pump gas.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may look like Belangers at first but are not the same. They do have a similar type of y-connection but other that that they are completly different. We do have a D port to match the head. So far feedback has been great and have had some large dyno numbers like 1016 RWHP with a Paxton SRT. 719 RWHP on my Roe GTS with cats, 10lb, and 3:55 gears on pump gas.

I'm curious about the Y-connectors...is there a gasket that utilize on your headers? Are leaks a concern/issue?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have not had much of an issue with leaks. If a person requested gaskets for that area, we would supply them. Remember, we are trying to keep the costs down.

ViperTony, if you're having problems, why don't you buy some gasket material and make some?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a question:

How do these headers compare in terms of material (pipe thickness, grade, etc)? I would go with whichever headers are likely to be the most durable and require the least amount of adjustments over time, regardless of any performance claims ...

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people run high temp RTV....and it works fine. These headers and the belangers have standard sized flanges so you could easily call summit racing and get any quality gasket you like.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a question:

How do these headers compare in terms of material (pipe thickness, grade, etc)? I would go with whichever headers are likely to be the most durable and require the least amount of adjustments over time, regardless of any performance claims ...

Everything looked very nicely done. Didnt look cheap or pieced together, look like good quality headers. I dont forsee any problems. I will update as months go by. I know Belangers had a problem fryin 02 sensors. These m&M headers seem to have good clearance, so I dont think Ill have any heat issues either. And I re-installled factory heat shields.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question:

Flange thickness and pipe gauge seems to be on par with bellangers....thick. Both systems are solid once they are installed. Shoule be no adjustments after installation.

...the Kooks headers are a one piece design and use a v-band flange.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything looked very nicely done. Didnt look cheap or pieced together, look like good quality headers. I dont forsee any problems. I will update as months go by. I know Belangers had a problem fryin 02 sensors. These m&M headers seem to have good clearance, so I dont think Ill have any heat issues either. And I re-installled factory heat shields.

The burnt sensor problem has to do with he secondary o2 sensors wires running along side the catalitic converters. With any of the aftermarket headers systems using catalitic converters the installer is going to have to address this problem.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The burnt sensor problem has to do with he secondary o2 sensors wires running along side the catalitic converters. With any of the aftermarket headers systems using catalitic converters the installer is going to have to address this problem.

We have addressed that problem:2tu:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

www.CaspersElectronics.com sells O2 sensor extensions for the Viper if that will help matters..

-------------------------------
For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

Last edited:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the Kooks are made from stainless steel. Does anyone know if they will fit the '08s?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kooks are stainless. I don't know if they will fit.

I remember athread a few weeks ago about Bellanger makeing a 08 specific set? Are these actually different?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty sure they dont sell those any longer.........

One can never tell, I know they don't sell O2 simulators anymore. The 12" and 24" extensions were on their website the other day though..

-------------------------------
For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

Last edited:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One can never tell, I know they don't sell O2 simulators anymore. The 12" and 24" extensions were on their website the other day though..

With a little underhood work before you install the headers, you don't need any extensions.:dunno:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of these headers on my car. They've gotten plenty of use and there have been NO leaks.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The O2 extensions come with the new Belanger Header Kit that I bought a few months ago. I still managed to fry one rear 02 sensor on the dyno although the wires are fine. Likely just a faulty sensor.

High temp RTV has done fine so far at sealing the intermediate pipe transition joints in the Belangers - no leaks yet after 3000 miles.

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32