Less than responsive throttle

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, this has just happened recently, but I think there is something up with the throttle (or at least thats what Im blaming it on). It's like unless it's high RPM, the throttle doesn't respond well...sometimes it looks as though i'm rabbit hopping it around, and when you stomp on it it chugs until it is at the higher rpm. At times it is almost like it is wanting to stall.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, this has just happened recently, but I think there is something up with the throttle (or at least thats what Im blaming it on). It's like unless it's high RPM, the throttle doesn't respond well...sometimes it looks as though i'm rabbit hopping it around, and when you stomp on it it chugs until it is at the higher rpm. At times it is almost like it is wanting to stall.

anyone? the viper doesnt drive properly until i fix this :(

Well, I'm an intermediate amateur mechanic. I assume the advanced amateurs and pros are spending the holiday weekend with their families. I'd say that the first thing that I would check is fuel pressure. I assume that there are no engine codes?

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 97 gts was hunching a bit, found a loose plug wire, gonna clean the goop out of the throttle bodies as well

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check for a code with a scan tool, many codes are soft codes in that they do not set a CEL. Hard codes/CEL are those that could affect environmental standards. I would check with a scan tool and if you do not find anything, pull the plugs to check how each cylinder is firing.

there are no check engine codes.

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check for a code with a scan tool, many codes are soft codes in that they do not set a CEL. Hard codes/CEL are those that could affect environmental standards. I would check with a scan tool and if you do not find anything, pull the plugs to check how each cylinder is firing.
Just checked the codes and there were none.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no pro, but would that be the proplem only at low RPM and go away during high RPM?

I no pro either :D but think that might cause some intermittent issues. have you checked the fuel pressure too? junk in tank?
kind of surprised no codes. coil pack? (not sure how to check those)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235