Michael Nouri where are you?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is mind boggling the COMPLETE lack of any degree of professionalism exhibited by so many people involved in the "tuning" business towards their customers.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
True, I'm sure there's more to it than what's being said here. But here are some observations (I'll call questionable actions) I've read in this thread:

How can Michael not know if the car has been paid for? This is perhaps the most f'ed up thing I've here so far.

Does Michael usually work through third-parties like yourself to communicate information to/from his customers?

Is there any particular reason why Michaeal can't communicate directly with Jason on this?

Is there any particular reason why Michael can't pick up the phone and call Jason so that they can get on the same page?

Why does Michael need you to come here and update Jason with the cost to complete this 'fix' you've been talking about?

Why are you speaking for Micheal? Isn't the deal between Jason and Michael. Maybe you work for Michael? I'm missing something here.

This is one of the most f'ed up tuner/client situations I've seen on this site in some time. It wreaks of the Henessey days.

Hey Viper Tony:

Treesnake is a good friend of Michael's who I met when I flew to St. Louis. Treesnake does not work for Michael but instead knows Michael very well. Treesnake has had many business transactions with Michael over the years and understands how he works. Hence the reason I have asked him to step in and assist me.

I honestly can't answer you when you ask, "Why can't Michael call Jason?. It's now been 7 months and I have done all the calling. And I have called a lot. Although I will give him credit for the few calls that he has made.

It's my thought that I was helping him out by calling him because he would have no long distance phone calls to Canada - saving him money.

I tried calling Michael last night to discuss the project and again no answer :confused:

Any way, I have spoken to Treesnake this morning and he totally understands my frustration.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Again I want to make it 100% clear why I created this thread - Michael was not answering his telephone and no one else (ie. Treesnake) knew how to get a hold of him.

So I wanted to know if other people had spoken to him. :dunno: And sure enough other members had spoken to him. :confused:

So why was/is Michael avoiding me?

Last edited:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
after tracking this since the beginning, i have to enter my .02 here. i can understand bud's frustration and i can understand mike's being busy. at the onset of a business transaction there is an obligation of the seller to keep good contact until the transaction is completed. not knowing the full story (as we are told here) is moot because the buyer has not had full contact with the seller. if he is very busy because of other clients, that is not a good enough excuse in my opinion as he has not completed old business. if he is a 3 man shop, that is not a good enough excuse also as he should hire more if he cannot keep up with existing clients. if he cant handle the flow of business, he should shut his doors as this is not a good line of business for him. mike should keep contact every day even if its to say "i didnt do **** today!". if his schedule is so packed that he cant make a 120 second contact, then he needs to make changes. certainly if an airing out in public is what it takes to start contact then mike has failed, miserably. he should come on here every night at 8pm and disclose to bud what happened on the day. he will find that the communication in itself will iron out everything. again, if he cant keep contact in this way or any way then his business model is prone to fail.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Treesnake -

You are right. There is lots I don't know about Michael. I DO know about my 1st hand dealings with him and they were, shall we say, unfavorable.

There is more that you, oh wise treesnake, do not know.

What I do know, however, is that Jason is Michael's biggest mouthpiece in a positive way. He has (and continues to) turn many people on to Michael for parts. I'm surprised that he isn't treated like a king considering all the good press he gives Michael. That makes it 10x worse that this crap is happening to him.

It is starting to sound like Mike Nouri and SVS have a lot in common. I hope that isn't the case, though.

:thankyou:

Oh yeah - Treesnake - I only commented on this thread because you told me not to. :)

I have advised many customers to contact Michael for Viper parts and cars on countless occassions. Including you JD. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you. :(

I also put another Viper member in contact with Michael because they wanted to buy a Ford GT. And Michael was very appreciative of that.

I appreciate you pointing this out JD :2tu:

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, I'm sure there's more to it than what's being said here. But here are some observations (I'll call questionable actions) I've read in this thread:

How can Michael not know if the car has been paid for? This is perhaps the most f'ed up thing I've here so far.

Does Michael usually work through third-parties like yourself to communicate information to/from his customers?

Is there any particular reason why Michaeal can't communicate directly with Jason on this?

Is there any particular reason why Michael can't pick up the phone and call Jason so that they can get on the same page?

Why does Michael need you to come here and update Jason with the cost to complete this 'fix' you've been talking about?

Why are you speaking for Micheal? Isn't the deal between Jason and Michael. Maybe you work for Michael? I'm missing something here.

This is one of the most f'ed up tuner/client situations I've seen on this site in some time. It wreaks of the Henessey days.

The only, I stress ONLY reason I am doing this is because I am a friend of Jasons. I met him when he came to ST.Louis and he spent some time at my house. I am not doing this for XVIPERS. I don't want jason to lose this car because of some misunderstadings.

I am not a third party. I am trying to work with Jason. Mike HAS called Jason, He has emailed also. I Know this for a fact...

The reason Mike doesn't get on here is the same reasson you see very few vendors conversing on thse forums or publicly defending themselves. There are always a lot of facts left out and the facts are incomplete.

There are personal issues that shouldn't be brought up.

At this point I think I am having a negative effect. Like Jason said, I have had some difficulties at times with Mike. I have had a lot more good than bad. If everything at Xvipers was so bad I wouldn't have bought four Vipers from him and spent almost $200K with him in the last year.

My problem is that I love the cars so much that my emotions overrule my common sense and business sense. Looking back, it is somewhat humorous how my actions were dictated by emotion. I believe the same thing is happening here. I am trying to pass on a lesson I learned...the hard way.

There is no excuse for lack of communication. But who decides what is enough. Some people need to hear things over and over, some don't.

Hang in there Jason. Like me, I think you will laugh about this later when you look at the situation in a diferent light... like while driving down the road in your FORD GT...

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
enough communication is the amount that keeps a buyer satisfied. if that means daily, then its daily. if its hourly, then mike should tell whoever is being a PITA in that mannor should ease up and he will get daily or weekly updates. im not saying that mike should come on here to argue or defend himself. i dont care about personal matters as it does not apply to business. but if the personal matter means he does not keep contact with updates to the buyer, then that is not acceptable. i have a certain client that calls me every single day and a talk to him every day. i think i made $500 off him in the last year so it is a losing proposition for me. i am the one who decided to take him in as a client and i will suffer the consequences. i can ask him to leave but not if i were in the middle of a transaction with him.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the point with my questions is that it may be best for Michael and Jason to work this out between themselves. No offense to Treesnake I know he's trying to do the right thing here. I just think it should be simply worked out between Tuner and Customer. LOL but I like simple.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only, I stress ONLY reason I am doing this is because I am a friend of Jasons. I met him when he came to ST.Louis and he spent some time at my house. I am not doing this for XVIPERS. I don't want jason to lose this car because of some misunderstadings.

I am not a third party. I am trying to work with Jason. Mike HAS called Jason, He has emailed also. I Know this for a fact...

The reason Mike doesn't get on here is the same reasson you see very few vendors conversing on thse forums or publicly defending themselves. There are always a lot of facts left out and the facts are incomplete.

There are personal issues that shouldn't be brought up.

At this point I think I am having a negative effect. Like Jason said, I have had some difficulties at times with Mike. I have had a lot more good than bad. If everything at Xvipers was so bad I wouldn't have bought four Vipers from him and spent almost $200K with him in the last year.

My problem is that I love the cars so much that my emotions overrule my common sense and business sense. Looking back, it is somewhat humorous how my actions were dictated by emotion. I believe the same thing is happening here. I am trying to pass on a lesson I learned...the hard way.

There is no excuse for lack of communication. But who decides what is enough. Some people need to hear things over and over, some don't.

Hang in there Jason. Like me, I think you will laugh about this later when you look at the situation in a diferent light... like while driving down the road in your FORD GT...

I'm hanging in there Treesnake :2tu:

Yes, Michael HAS called me before. But that was a long, long time ago. The few emails that I have received from him mention nothing about getting the car done even though he knew back in August that I wanted it sooner than later.

Communication is the key to any good business transaction and for whatever reason Michael has chosen not to communicate with me over the past 4 weeks.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess the point with my questions is that it may be best for Michael and Jason to work this out between themselves. No offense to Treesnake I know he's trying to do the right thing here. I just think it should be simply worked out between Tuner and Customer. LOL but I like simple.

I think we are almost to that point.

I suspect that I will be communicating with Treesnake outside of the forum to have him assist me in completing this transaction. Why do I need to communicate with Treesnake? Because when Michael goes on vacation he doesn't answer his telephone. Just my experience.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treesnake -

You are right. There is lots I don't know about Michael. I DO know about my 1st hand dealings with him and they were, shall we say, unfavorable.

There is more that you, oh wise treesnake, do not know.

What I do know, however, is that Jason is Michael's biggest mouthpiece in a positive way. He has (and continues to) turn many people on to Michael for parts. I'm surprised that he isn't treated like a king considering all the good press he gives Michael. That makes it 10x worse that this crap is happening to him.

It is starting to sound like Mike Nouri and SVS have a lot in common. I hope that isn't the case, though.

Oh yeah - Treesnake - I only commented on this thread because you told me not to. :)

Mr Dell
I never told you not to comment, I said "there is a lot you don't know"???
Where did I tell you not to comment:confused: That is a perfect example of what i am talking about. Simple statements get "changed" to be more exciting or controversial...:)

I did hear about your dealings with Mike. Are you refering to the Quaiffe's you were trying to get. That story is better left off the forums also;) I am surprised that you would refer to that...deal.

Jason, now they are referring to XVIPERS like SVS. SVS is liquidating now. That is the BS I was talking about. Read some of the latest statements by forum members. This is getting way out there now. You and I both know that all the facts aren't out there. You quoted me above referring to wether or not the car is finished. YOU said it is not. If it is not finished (YOUR STATEMENT) why would Mike del. it and why would you want it? That's inconsistent...

IF Mike gets on here he is going to say some facts that you don't want out there. Plain and simple.

STOP WHILE YOU ARE AHEAD. THE CAR IS MOVING FORWARD

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mr Dell
I never told you not to comment, I said "there is a lot you don't know"???
Where did I tell you not to comment:confused: That is a perfect example of what i am talking about. Simple statements get "changed" to be more exciting or controversial...:)

I did hear about your dealings with Mike. Are you refering to the Quaiffe's you were trying to get. That story is better left off the forums also;) I am surprised that you would refer to that...deal.

Jason, now they are referring to XVIPERS like SVS. SVS is liquidating now. That is the BS I was talking about. Read some of the latest statements by forum members. This is getting way out there now. You and I both know that all the facts aren't out there. You quoted me above referring to wether or not the car is finished. YOU said it is not. If it is not finished (YOUR STATEMENT) why would Mike del. it and why would you want it? That's inconsistent...

IF Mike gets on here he is going to say some facts that you don't want out there. Plain and simple.

STOP WHILE YOU ARE AHEAD. THE CAR IS MOVING FORWARD

NO, NO, NO, NO I never made any reference that XVipers is like SVS. I was simply thanking JD for pointing out that I was selling for Michael Nouri (ie. referrals). You have taken this out of context. I do apologize for not making that more clear.

Coool heads will prevail :2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Jason, now they are referring to XVIPERS like SVS. SVS is liquidating now. That is the BS I was talking about. Read some of the latest statements by forum members. This is getting way out there now. "

This is funny. This is another example... I never said "you"(Jason). I said "they". It is a direct quote from Joe Dell. Joe Dell is comparing them to SVS.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score

"Jason, now they are referring to XVIPERS like SVS. SVS is liquidating now. That is the BS I was talking about. Read some of the latest statements by forum members. This is getting way out there now. "

This is funny. This is another example... I never said "you"(Jason). I said "they". It is a direct quote from Joe Dell. Joe Dell is comparing them to SVS.

Thanks for the clarification. :2tu:

I agree that this thread doesn't need to compare XVipers to any other business.

I simply need Michael to communicate with me (or you) and finish the GT. That is all I ever wanted!!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, my story has a happy ending...I hope everything gets cleared up between Jason and Mike. After talking to both parties I think it's a little frustration and miscommunication from both, but nothing that can't be resolved.

I received my PCM today from Mike. It's been a little over a month after initially contacting him, but the wait was worth it. He got me a NEW, WARRANTIED PCM for 1/2 the price of the cheapest used one I could find! Once it was in, he called to let me know. Then he called 3 times yesterday to get shipping and payment squared away, then once today to make sure it got here and worked. After disconnecting both engine modules on the car to reset them, my car is running like a champ again!

Thanks, Mike!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must have been ******* on the phone so much with you he couldn't call GTSjBud back.
For months. And blocked his calls. And ignored his emails. :2tu:
Miscommunication. Yeah that's it.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... I will give you $10K more than you paid right now. Make it $15K. I will wire the money to you and you will have cash in ten minutes (Literally) If you were paying the market price (or near it) for the FGT, I could understand. If I wouldn't have been so preoccupied with my SS, I would have bought the car in a second. Still will...

I have been really stressed about this whole transaction so I gave Treesnake's offer to purchase my GT some serious thought. I thought to myself, "Hmmmm maybe this makes sense..." :dunno: If I sold the car to Treesnake I would lower my stress level by an enormous amount - instantly. So I called Treesnake to discuss this.

WOW! What was I thinking!?!?!? I must have been in the wrong "state of mind" when I thought selling the GT makes sense (nothing against you Treesnake). Then I thought to myself, "Why would I want to sell this car when I have spent the majority of the year dreaming and waiting patiently for my dream to be realized?". And not to mention energies and stress. I have always wanted a Ford GT and I am sooooo close to getting this one.

It's hard to believe what STRESS can make a person think and possibly do! :omg:

So I will say it again, I WANT MY FORD GT!! :headbang:

I apologize Treesnake for any confussion that I may have caused. I appreciate you being my eyes and ears in St. Louis. :2tu: I appreciate your help. ;)

I will let you know if I hear anything from Michael Nouri.

Cheers
Jason

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just spoke with West Brothers Ford who are currently working on the Ford GT. It appears that the electrical problem was very simple. The horn was shorting out and making the electronics go haywire. West Brothers will be installing a new horn tomorrow.

I also asked them to program the Daytime Running Lights. I also asked them to order a baby seat anchor kit. These are requirements for Canada.

They will also be providing Michael with a Recall Clearance Letter.

Michael, please note that I did not tell George at West Brothers where the car is headed (to Canada) or who I am. George simply thinks I am helping you with the car while you are in Germany.

V

Venomiss

I just spoke with West Brothers Ford who are currently working on the Ford GT. It appears that the electrical problem was very simple. The horn was shorting out and making the electronics go haywire. West Brothers will be installing a new horn tomorrow.

I also asked them to program the Daytime Running Lights. I also asked them to order a baby seat anchor kit. These are requirements for Canada.

They will also be providing Michael with a Recall Clearance Letter.

Michael, please note that I did not tell George at West Brothers where the car is headed (to Canada) or who I am. George simply thinks I am helping you with the car while you are in Germany.

Glad it sounds like your car is getting the work it needs and all will be on track for delivery to you. :)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are the Canadians! Perhaps they can help drive our dollar's value up by buying up some of that property which the Japanese bought a few years back... I thought the Japanese owned the country until I noticed that Tokyo is doing just fine when our markets are down.

Jason - Shoot me your email - I want to send you pics of the Hogan Intake! Glad this is working out well! It'll all be worth it in the end. Or it won't be... and you can sell ME the FGT!

;)

Joseph

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just spoke to George at West Brothers Ford and they have replaced the horn which cleared up many of the electrical gremlins. However there are still looking for a ground wire that is giving them a problem.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg:

Good luck getting your GT. The tungsten is the nicest color IMHO. I really hope it will be worth all your aggrevation.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:omg:

Good luck getting your GT. The tungsten is the nicest color IMHO. I really hope it will be worth all your aggrevation.

I have been in close contact with George at West Brothers Ford and I am happy to say that he sounds very competent, eager and enthusiastic to find a solution. :2tu:

Once the car is complete at the Ford dealer Michael needs to take it for the final inspection with the state. And that is completely out of my control...otherwise I would do it myself.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just spoke with George at West Brothers Ford and they have fixed all the wiring issues. :2tu: He just found out today that the half shaft bolts are recalled on the car and need to be replaced. He will be changing these bolts out within the next few days.

George mentioned to me that he has tried to contact Michael Nouri but is unable to leave a voicemail message because his voicemail system is full.

Any way, George is happy that I called him on a regular basis to discuss the work required.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke to George this morning and he should receive the half shaft bolts sometime today. He expects the GT will be complete by Monday if everything goes according to plan.

The only remaining pieces of the puzzle are to get Michael to take the GT for its final inspection. Don't know when that will be because Michael has not contacted me. :confused:

However Michael did contact Treesnake via email yesterday but didn't indicate when he would be back from Germany. So Treesnake doesn't know any more than I do and he is a very, very good friend of Michaels. :dunno:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, and I should mention that my GT only has 793 miles! :headbang: It's brand spankin new!! Yeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke with George at West Brothers Ford late Friday afternoon and it sounds like the half shaft bolts won't be in until mid to late next week. So the car will not be completed on Monday. Oh well, at least George is giving it his best effort.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth