Michael Nouri where are you?

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I JUST GOT A HOLD OF MICHAEL NOURI ON THE TELEPHONE!!!!! I called from my house, instead of my work, and he answered.

I asked him why he hasn't answered any of my telephone calls in the past 4 weeks of which he replied, "My telephone blocks certain numbers and it wasn't picking up your number." I find this very interesting considering I have been calling him from the same telephone number since March. Up until 4 weeks ago he was answering my calls. :dunno:

Oh, and I have been calling all of his work telephone numbers (4 or 5 different numbers) + his cell phone number - all of which he never didn't answer. :(

Why would any business want to block telephone calls? I've never heard of companies having their telephone provider randomly block calls.

Any way, Michael ensured me that he will be taking my Ford GT to West Brothers Ford in Sullivan tomorrow (Thursday). He suggested that the dealership should have the computer reflashed by mid next week. I will keep close tabs on the progress while Michael is in Germany.

He also informed me that he always takes the last week of September and the first week of October off as holidays. This timing ***** for me :confused:

I will keep you all posted.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I JUST GOT A HOLD OF MICHAEL NOURI ON THE TELEPHONE!!!!! I called from my house, instead of my work, and he answered.

I asked him why he hasn't answered any of my telephone calls in the past 4 weeks of which he replied, "My telephone blocks certain numbers and it wasn't picking up your number." I find this very interesting considering I have been calling him from the same telephone number since March. Up until 4 weeks ago he was answering my calls. :dunno:

Oh, and I have been calling all of his work telephone numbers (4 or 5 different numbers) + his cell phone number - all of which he never didn't answer. :(

Why would any business want to block telephone calls? I've never heard of companies having their telephone provider randomly block calls.

Any way, Michael ensured me that he will be taking my Ford GT to West Brothers Ford in Sullivan tomorrow (Thursday). He suggested that the dealership should have the computer reflashed by mid next week. I will keep close tabs on the progress while Michael is in Germany.

He also informed me that he always takes the last week of September and the first week of October off as holidays. This timing ***** for me :confused:

I will keep you all posted.

There's no other way to say it so I will just say it...you're hosed. My guess is you won't see your car before the winter. I hope i'm wrong. Even if ALL of his phones were blocked, and somehow all of the messages that have been passed on to him by his friends got lost...a decent businessman will periodically call his clients and update them on the progress or lack thereof. You have way more patience than I do. Sorry, I call bull**** on this one. That's just a lame excuse and its even sorrier that he expects you to buy it. I guess one way to verify what he is saying is true is to call the dealership tomorrow and see if the car has been dropped off. You certainly have more patience than I do.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's no other way to say it so I will just say it...you're hosed. My guess is you won't see your car before the winter. I hope i'm wrong. Even if ALL of his phones were blocked, and somehow all of the messages that have been passed on to him by his friends got lost...a decent businessman will periodically call his clients and update them on the progress or lack thereof. You have way more patience than I do. Sorry, I call bull**** on this one. That's just a lame excuse and its even sorrier that he expects you to buy it. I guess one way to verify what he is saying is true is to call the dealership tomorrow and see if the car has been dropped off. You certainly have more patience than I do.

I hope you are wrong too! I need to have the GT in my possession by mid October (worst case). It gets pretty cold in October and the snow is usually on the ground by the end of October. And there is no reason why it couldn't be in my possession by then.

I will call West Brothers tomorrow to see if it arrives.

I have gone out of my way not to push him with this project. I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he is extremely busy and has many other things to tend too. But maybe I have been toooooo patient. I guess that is my own fault. :confused:

I should mention that he has sent me a few emails within the past 4 weeks. However the information was minimal and not enough to ease my concern with completing this project. The emails didn't mention any timelines. Hence the reason I wanted to speak with him on the telephone.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you are wrong too! I need to have the GT in my possession by mid October (worst case). It gets pretty cold in October and the snow is usually on the ground by the end of October. And there is no reason why it couldn't be in my possession by then.

I will call West Brothers tomorrow to see if it arrives.

I have gone out of my way not to push him with this project. I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he is extremely busy and has many other things to tend too. But maybe I have been toooooo patient. I guess that is my own fault. :confused:

I should mention that he has sent me a few emails within the past 4 weeks. However the information was minimal and not enough to ease my concern with completing this project. The emails didn't mention any timelines. Hence the reason I wanted to speak with him on the telephone.

His actions reminds me of several project managers I've fired over the years. :D I hope you get your car soon. He'd be a fool to screw this one up in the eyes of the VCA. Could be a case where maybe he took on too much at once? :dunno: Keep us posted.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike del. a brand new set of Motons with all the hdwe. Eibach 800/500 springs, Eurotech rotors and hawk brake pads. He dropped them off at my house last Thursday. he is going to Germany next week to drive a Viper in some sort of driving school and visit some customers...

I know there is a problem with the "smart key" portion of the computer on your FGT. There was some sort of problem diagnosing it , not sure though.

Hope this helps...

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I knew about the electrical problems way back at the beginning of August!! Michael sent me a picture of my GT with his Viper XVIPERS : 2006 FORD GT 40TH ANIVER on August 7th and indicated that he needed to get the electronics tweaked...then it could come to Canada.

Michael knew very well in August that I wanted the GT sooner than later. Now here we are two months later and the car has still not been taken to a Ford dealer to get the electronics looked at!

Some members have asked me why I haven't pushed him to complete the car sooner. I told him that my wife and I were expecting a new baby girl in May and I wouldn't have time for the GT until late summer (August). He appreciated the fact that I wasn't going to push him because he had a bunch of other business (Toyota Prius sales) to attend too. It was supposed to be a win-win situation for the both of us.

Michael has now made it 100% clear to me that I am not a priority customer of his! At the beginning of this week he was in California buying some Vipers and next week he is going to Germany for Octoberfest and meet some customers. What about me?

I can't believe it is the end of September and he is taking vacation for two weeks!

Michael has told me that he will personally deliver my GT to Canada but I think it is too late for that now. Especially considering he will be gone for the next two weeks. Two weeks equals at least a months delay! Then we are into November already. :(

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
make a new agreement with him that he has to keep the transport truck around for an additional day and truck the car for registration or whatever else needs to be done and put into your garage once everything is complete. he also needs to stand up to the work done till next year when you can start it up and get it out on the roads to make sure everything works as it should. get it all down on paper. thats the least he could do for you.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to personally thank TREESNAKE for taking the time to speak with me about Michael Nouri. :2tu:

You see, Treesnake is a good friend of Michael. So as this project moved along I couldn't understand why communication with Michael was so hit and miss. Somedays he answers his email and telephone and other days he doesn't. There was absolutely no consistancy. Any way, Treesnake has always answered his telephone and tried to explain to me how Michael operates. And for that I am very appreciative!

Here is something that you might find interesting. When I flew into St. Louis to meet Michael in June I had told him numerous times threw email when I would flying in. I even spoke to him on the telephone about my visit. And guess what, Michael was nowhere to be found when I did arrive at the airport. I tried countless times to contact Michael on his telephones to no avail. So I called Treesnake.

Treesnake knew that I was coming into St. Louis to meet Michael and see the GT. Treesnake answered his telephone and promptly called Michael. And guess what, Michael answered his telephone when Treesnake called!

In the end I waited at the airport for a good couple of hours until Michael came and picked me up.

I know for a fact that had it not been for Treesnake I wouldn't have met up with Michael when I flew to St. Louis.

Here is the real kicker - I didn't get to see my GT!! :omg: Michael drove me to the body shop on Sunday (day I flew back to Canada). I could only see the GT through the overhead door glass. Needless to say I was very disappointed (putting it mildly).

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I spoke with Michael last night on the telephone he suggested that myself and a couple of other members were "bashing" him on the VCA.

I want to make it very clear to you Michael that I am in no way "bashing" you. I am simply trying to find solutions. And the VCA forum was and is my last resort in an attempt to get you to act.

You have pushed me to this point and I need ACTION!

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Michael, I understand, as per our conversation last night, that you are upset that I didn't purchase a set of Viper 5 spoke rims from you.

I specifically told you that I needed a set of 5 spokes that were in "used" condition because I was going to be machining them. So I didn't need a "newer" set. You indicated to me that you only had "newer" sets.

During the same conversation I told you that I had found a set at Paul Scharf Auto that were in "used" condition. At that time you had no problem with me purchasing these rims from Paul Scharf. But today you sing a different tune.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Michael,

Here is what I need you to organize before your trip to Germany:

- deliver Ford GT to West Brothers Ford TODAY
- provide me with a West Brothers Ford contact name and telephone number TODAY
- get an appointment with the Missouri State to have the GT inspected next week
(Sept 29th to Oct 3)
- let me know the date you will be delivering my GT (Oct. 6th to Oct. 10th)

If you cannot personally deliver my GT (as agreeded upon) + parts as per the week noted above - arrange to use either of the following:

Gary Almond Transport (preferred)
Almond Exotic Transports - Home

or

TFX International
TFX International. Specialized Vehicle Transport - Thank you

At this point I would like Treesnake to assist with the completion of my GT. That way things will happen and the project will be completed.

Please note that from this point forward all communication with you will be through this forum. I will send you an email and call you and indicate this to you.

Oh and I know for a fact that you view this forum on a daily basis so no excuses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also want to indicate that Michael was very gracious by offering to bring any parts I needed or other things with him when he delivered the GT. He said that I could have the parts shipped to his location and he would then bring them North for me.

Here is a list of what I have purchased (from various suppliers) and had sent to him:
  • 1 set - Race Ramps (to help load GT onto trailer) from Race Ramps
  • 1 set - my 1996 OEM Viper gauges
  • 1 - my 1996 OEM Viper hood
  • 1 set - 2006 Viper 5 spoke rims from Paul Scharf Automotive
  • 1 set - Ford GT Stainless Works headers from Discovery Automotive
  • 1 set - Viper wheel bearings (front) from Tators Dodge
  • 1 set - Viper ball joint boots - upper & lower (front) from Tators Dodge
  • miscellaneous interior carpet pieces from Paul Scharf Automotive
  • 1 - Viper high performance radiator from Alans Performance
  • 1 set - Viper Aldan Eagle adjustable shocks from Alans Performance
  • 1 set - Viper Unitrax half shafts from Alans Performance
  • 1 set - Viper urethane sway bar mounts (front) from Alans Performance
  • 1 set - Viper urethane sway bar mounts (rear) from Alans Performance
  • 1- Viper power steering vent from Alans Performance
  • 2 sets - car dollies from Alans Performance
  • 1 - car wash foam gun from Amazon.com
Stuff from Michael Nouri:
  • 2006 Ford GT service manual
  • 2006 Ford GT electrical manual
  • 2006 Ford GT U.S. owners manual
  • Viper timing chain cover
  • complete set of Hawk brake pads for my Viper
  • complete set of Baer Eradispeed rotors for my Viper
  • 2006 Ford GT OEM shifter (removed from GT) - installed short shifter
It is my assumption that Michael has all of these items at his shop. Please confirm.

**Some of the members have asked why I purchased the Viper parts from other vendors instead of Michael. It's simple, I sent him emails listing the items I needed and he never got back to me. I gave him every opportunity to sell me stuff but it seemed that he wasn't interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your comments and support; Joseph Dell, ViperTony, JasonTiff, ViperJay and JaronsToy!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just spoke with Michael and he is apparently having someone take the GT to the dealership. Michael said he would call me back today and give me an update.

Interesting thing, Michael has always told me that he will call me back but he rarely does.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just received an update from Michael - sounds like the JUCTION BLOCK BOX is no good and must be replaced.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jason
I can see from above that you are getting tired of waiting. When we talked on the phone, it is obvious...

I talked to Mike a little while ago while I was on the road. I didn't say anything as I wasn't too sure of the status since we last talked. He is bringing a new set of "go jacks" to me tonight. I will talk to him then to see if I can help to get your car to you.

I am not taking sides, but you need to understand that the things you asked take time. I know, I know, you have waited a long time already.

But to be perfectly honest, to get that car, at that price, is a steal. I will give you $10K more than you paid right now. Make it $15K. I will wire the money to you and you will have cash in ten minutes (Literally) If you were paying the market price (or near it) for the FGT, I could understand. If I wouldn't have been so preoccupied with my SS, I would have bought the car in a second. Still will...

I do realize that a low price is no excuse to be be treated like a dog.

You have seen Mike's operation. 2-3 people. I think it is literally about time. The time it takes to do these things. More importantly, to make the most money with the time available.

I didn't know you sent all the parts(from other vendors...) to Mike to del. to you.??? Why did you ship it to him in the first place? So you paid to ship the stuff to Mike and then you were paying him to deliver or was he doing it for nothing. Surely you wouldn't pay the shipping twice. With this "situation" it would seem that the last thing you would do is rely on him to del. parts to you that were bought from other people?

...JASON, I literally just got off the phone with Mike. He called while I was typing. I asked him about this situation. He has a completely different side to this. He hasn't been on his computer today and doesn't know about your recent posts'. He told me that if you are unhappy that he will gladly wire your deposit back to you immediately. He acted like he would actually prefer to do that. He said that if he did that you could go out and buy another one...at market price. He said he has offered you the money back previuosly, but you refused.???

I don't know. I have seen some situations like this turn really ugly on these forums. Judging by what Mike said and his side of this, you might want to deal with this privately.

You have my word that I will try to help you get this resolved. I honestly don't think you are purposely getting screwed over or ripped off. Please remember that this is what Mike does for a living, not a hobby like you and I. People that don't know XVIPERS will read your statements and form an opinion.

Like I said, I am meeting Mike later tonight, I'll be in touch.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I last posted, Mike called me twice last night to confirm shipping information and square away overnighting, then 3 times today to give me the tracking number and make sure everything was alright.

He has been reading these posts and talked to me about what was said. Over the course of our conversations we cleared things up between he and I. My PCM will be here tomorrow afternoon.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jason
I can see from above that you are getting tired of waiting. When we talked on the phone, it is obvious...

I talked to Mike a little while ago while I was on the road. I didn't say anything as I wasn't too sure of the status since we last talked. He is bringing a new set of "go jacks" to me tonight. I will talk to him then to see if I can help to get your car to you.

I am not taking sides, but you need to understand that the things you asked take time. I know, I know, you have waited a long time already.

But to be perfectly honest, to get that car, at that price, is a steal. I will give you $10K more than you paid right now. Make it $15K. I will wire the money to you and you will have cash in ten minutes (Literally) If you were paying the market price (or near it) for the FGT, I could understand. If I wouldn't have been so preoccupied with my SS, I would have bought the car in a second. Still will...

I do realize that a low price is no excuse to be be treated like a dog.

You have seen Mike's operation. 2-3 people. I think it is literally about time. The time it takes to do these things. More importantly, to make the most money with the time available.

I didn't know you sent all the parts(from other vendors...) to Mike to del. to you.??? Why did you ship it to him in the first place? So you paid to ship the stuff to Mike and then you were paying him to deliver or was he doing it for nothing. Surely you wouldn't pay the shipping twice. With this "situation" it would seem that the last thing you would do is rely on him to del. parts to you that were bought from other people?

...JASON, I literally just got off the phone with Mike. He called while I was typing. I asked him about this situation. He has a completely different side to this. He hasn't been on his computer today and doesn't know about your recent posts'. He told me that if you are unhappy that he will gladly wire your deposit back to you immediately. He acted like he would actually prefer to do that. He said that if he did that you could go out and buy another one...at market price. He said he has offered you the money back previuosly, but you refused.???

I don't know. I have seen some situations like this turn really ugly on these forums. Judging by what Mike said and his side of this, you might want to deal with this privately.

You have my word that I will try to help you get this resolved. I honestly don't think you are purposely getting screwed over or ripped off. Please remember that this is what Mike does for a living, not a hobby like you and I. People that don't know XVIPERS will read your statements and form an opinion.

Like I said, I am meeting Mike later tonight, I'll be in touch.

Thanks for your input. I will make this very clear that I do not want my monies back and I will not be selling the GT. I will be keeping it.

Oh and Michael never did offer to return my monies back to me. This is the first I have heard of this.

I have no intentions of making this ugly. The forum was the last resort for me to get Michael to contact me. He has avoided me for the past 4 weeks without answering his telephone. I even tried calling his assistant Johnny and he wouldn't answer his telephone.

I am not saying that he is intentially trying to screw me, etc. But he has avoided all my telephone calls for the past 4 weeks and has no good reason. Why is this?

In regards to the parts, I didn't pay for shipping twice. I specifically asked Michael if I could have them shipped to him before purchasing the items. Michael was okay with that. He said that he would then bring them with him when he brought the GT.

Just before I left work today Michael sent me an email and said GIVE ME A CALL WE NEED TO TALK. I promtly picked up the telephone and called. No answer :dunno:

I have every intention in completing this transaction. I appreciate your assistance Treesnake with helping me do just that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It just dawned on me why Michael hasn't answered my telephone calls. And Treesnake provided me with the answer. Michael wants the GT for himself!

Now the GT is so close to being finished and he doesn't want to let it go!

Maybe it was his plan to upset me enough to a point where I would say, "Give me back my money and I'll be gone". Then Michael would have the GT for himself. Hence the reason Michael suggests that he would prefer to give me my money back.

It's been a long, long process and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Last edited:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even in it's 'damaged' state, just get the car shipped to you. Or someone else. The ridiculousness factor here is off-the-charts.

If the car is in St. Louis, find someone there to go get it for you to take it to the dealer/shipper.

I hope you get EVERYTHING that you've paid for. Flaky I called him once... and Flaky is what I'll call him again. It is hard to do business with people like that. And as nice a guy as you are, I'm sorry that you are stuck in the middle of this.

Just get possession ASAP and put this behind you.

my .02...

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even in it's 'damaged' state, just get the car shipped to you. Or someone else. The ridiculousness factor here is off-the-charts.

If the car is in St. Louis, find someone there to go get it for you to take it to the dealer/shipper.

I hope you get EVERYTHING that you've paid for. Flaky I called him once... and Flaky is what I'll call him again. It is hard to do business with people like that. And as nice a guy as you are, I'm sorry that you are stuck in the middle of this.

Just get possession ASAP and put this behind you.

my .02...

Thanks for your input. :2tu:

Here is the problem - the car needs to be delivered to the state for an inspection and get a clean title (this probably isn't the correct term) before the title can be released to me. Then the car can be shipped to me.

In order for the car to get a "clean title" the car has to be 100% complete. Only thing outstanding is tweaking the electronics. Sounds like this is an easy fix and then it can go to the state for an inspection.

So as far as I am concerned it should take no longer than a couple of weeks for the car to be ready for shipment.

But I doubt Michael would let anyone else take the car to the state and get everything in order. So it appears that I must wait and be paitent while he is on vacation. :confused:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Mike several times last night. John del. my parts to me and I asked him about the FGT. When asked, he didn't know that it was sold. He doesn't know which cars are sold or not. Therefore i got an unopinionated answer about the car.

john said the car has been a big problem with the wiring. He said that Mike has had him take the steering column out, computer, etc. Spent hours and hours tracing, tracking wires. He knew of a FGT tech that was trying to fix the car on the side. John said that he couldn't spend any more time on it because of everything else that needed to be shipped out etc.(i.e. all the other people trying to buy things, like the guys above...they were delayed because John was working extra time on your car...just kidding)

Anyway Mike took the car to West yesterday to see what they can do. He didn't take it there at first because it will be expensive. He said at this point you needed the car and so he would do what he needed to do. Unfortunately this will reflect on your final bill. Said he was trying to save some money but since you were posting about the delay, he figured money was no option for you at this point. Get the car done ASAP, regardless of cost. That's what he is doing now for you...

Jason, I consider you a friend and I must ask you to consider what you are posting on this site. I don't want to, and am trying not to, get any more involved than I am, but I KNOW there are a lot of facts missing in this thread. Facts that I think are better left private for your sake. You are all over the place on here. For instance, you said that now the car is finished, mike is trying to keep it. Jason, if he wanted it he would just keep it. He doesn't have to sell it to you...

IMO.. It is in your best interest to let this thread die and deal with Mike privately.

"Joe Dell" ... "1TONY1" and other guys on this thread;

There is a lot you don't know.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I talked to Mike several times last night. John del. my parts to me and I asked him about the FGT. When asked, he didn't know that it was sold. He doesn't know which cars are sold or not. Therefore i got an unopinionated answer about the car.

john said the car has been a big problem with the wiring. He said that Mike has had him take the steering column out, computer, etc. Spent hours and hours tracing, tracking wires. He knew of a FGT tech that was trying to fix the car on the side. John said that he couldn't spend any more time on it because of everything else that needed to be shipped out etc.(i.e. all the other people trying to buy things, like the guys above...they were delayed because John was working extra time on your car...just kidding)

Anyway Mike took the car to West yesterday to see what they can do. He didn't take it there at first because it will be expensive. He said at this point you needed the car and so he would do what he needed to do. Unfortunately this will reflect on your final bill. Said he was trying to save some money but since you were posting about the delay, he figured money was no option for you at this point. Get the car done ASAP, regardless of cost. That's what he is doing now for you...

Jason, I consider you a friend and I must ask you to consider what you are posting on this site. I don't want to, and am trying not to, get any more involved than I am, but I KNOW there are a lot of facts missing in this thread. Facts that I think are better left private for your sake. You are all over the place on here. For instance, you said that now the car is finished, mike is trying to keep it. Jason, if he wanted it he would just keep it. He doesn't have to sell it to you...

IMO.. It is in your best interest to let this thread die and deal with Mike privately.

You suggest that I said "now the car is finished" but in fact I said "the car is close to being finished". I didn't say it was finished.

It sounds like Michael has suggested to you that my final bill will be expensive because I needed the car. I find this interesting because when I spoke with Michael yesterday morning he said the electrical issues were going to be fixed by Ford on warranty. So there is no cost involved with that.

You also mention that he doesn't have to sell the car to me. But in fact I have paid him for the car via wire transfer. I even have an invoice for the car of which I paid.

Treesnake I also consider you a friend and don't want you to get involved more than you already are.

Treesnake I remember a post of yours on the VCA and you said something to like this, anyone who has ever done business with Michael knows it can be frustrating. I know for a fact that you have had your share of frustrations in dealing with Michael over the years.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

True, I'm sure there's more to it than what's being said here. But here are some observations (I'll call questionable actions) I've read in this thread:

How can Michael not know if the car has been paid for? This is perhaps the most f'ed up thing I've here so far.

Does Michael usually work through third-parties like yourself to communicate information to/from his customers?

Is there any particular reason why Michaeal can't communicate directly with Jason on this?

Is there any particular reason why Michael can't pick up the phone and call Jason so that they can get on the same page?

Why does Michael need you to come here and update Jason with the cost to complete this 'fix' you've been talking about?

Why are you speaking for Micheal? Isn't the deal between Jason and Michael. Maybe you work for Michael? I'm missing something here.

This is one of the most f'ed up tuner/client situations I've seen on this site in some time. It wreaks of the Henessey days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte