Michael Nouri where are you?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL!!! Cosigned! Nothing was cosigned! Michael agreed to all the parts and took delivery of them. That is why Michael applied the $30,000 to the intitial invoice purchase of the GT.

The wheels and tires can't be that bad because he had them mounted on one of his Vipers when I visted him last.

Here is the other thing, Michael told me last week that the Gen. II Viper market has crashed and prices are very low. But yet when I delivered him the Viper parts in March the market was much hotter. I believe this is why Michael is now trying to change the agreement.

Oh, and Michael told me that if I could find a used wheel for the GT(to replace the damaged one) I could have it shipped to him and he would throw it into the front of the car when it is shipped. So I found a used one and had it shipped to him.

Let me take just one item on the list... Are you going to tell me that Mike (a retaler) agreed to buy your two year old Forgelines and tires for $8100? Then handle them and turn around and sell them for a profit? You can buy that set all day for $5K or so tops from any vendor on here. And they are making a profit. Did you pay $8100 for them?

Regarding the FGT wheel.. So even after all this, Mike is still doing "favors" for you? Better yet, why would you let him take another part of yours?
As I stated in an earlier post... This is all very inconsistent.

I talked to Mike today. He said he doesn't want to slam a customer, even one that is trying to publicly discuss a private matter.

Jason, please end this thread. Do you think you will get your car faster like this? Seriously? I'm sure Mike is busting his asp to get your car done after damaging his credibility.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...does this mean that Michael is going to take the welder and helmet after all?

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once again no contact from Michael. I've sent emails and tried calling with no luck.

But I notice that he is active on the VCA posting in the past few days trying to sell stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I was to keep this transaction "private" there would be no communication at all! I cannot understand why Michael choses not to answer his telephone and email. :dunno:

I don't live down the block from him so I don't have the luxury of popping in to see what is happening. And yes it came to a point where I had to jump in my truck and drive all the way down to Missouri to talk to him. That is the only way I could track him down. :confused:

Michael had no plans to resell the parts I gave him. It understood that he would install them on the Vipers he fixes and sells. That is how he would recover his monies. Hence the reason he installed the rims and tires on one of his Vipers.

Michael, lets complete this deal as agreeded upon. You have given me credit for the parts on the initial invoice so I expect you will give me the credit on the final invoice.

I AM READY TO PAY THE FINAL INVOICE ONCE I RECEIVE A REVISED INVOICE THAT ACCOUNTS FOR THE PARTS CREDIT.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My God, according to you your last contact with him was two days ago. Sit back and have a damn drink and chill for an hour and your phone might ring. This thread is obvioulsy not helping you get this done any faster.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In the end I finally had to call the local Sheriff to see if XVipers was still in business. Michael had over $77,000 USD in deposits that I paid him and he wasn't answering his telephone or emails. As far as I was concerned he was no longer in business.

Once I told Michael that I had contacted the Sheriff (via email) he immediately replied to me. Unbelievable!

Any way, I headed south and picked the GT up just before Xmas and brought it back to Canada. Once I was back in Canada it took a while before the car could be inspected due to the Xmas holidays.

Before leaving XVipers I didn't check the mileage. I assumed the mileage would roughly be the same as when it was inspected by the State of Missouri in October - roughly 800 miles (rounded up). Guess what? The mileage on the car was now 1527! :omg:

If I remember correctly Michael stated in this thread that he didn't put one (1) single additional mile on the car. And yet now the car had an additional 700+ miles added to the speedo! :mad:

You must be registered for see images

At this point I had to ask myself, I wonder if he installed the Ford Racing Shifter that I paid him for including the install. So I removed the console and guess what I found out? The shifter was never installed!!

Here are pictures of the stock shifter before I removed it.

So I purchased a Ford Racing Shifter from Blue Oval Industries and installed it myself.

Here is a side by side comparison of the stock shifter with the new short shifter in front. Notice the difference in height of the blue support legs. The stock shifter has shorter support legs and the short shifter has longer support legs.

In a nutshell the short shifter has longer support legs. This moves the shifter pivot point higher on the shift lever which reduces the throw.

Short shifter installed.

To date Michael still has not returned my 1996 Viper GTS car cover, welding helmet, Ford GT brochures and a 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350 owners manual signed by Carroll Shelby.

In the end it took a total of 4 trips to Missouri to complete this transaction.

1st trip - transported all parts to him as agreed upon...didn't meet Michael
2nd trip - flew to Missouri to see the progress on the GT...didn't get to see the car
3rd trip - drove to Missouri so I could meet Michael face-to-face because he wasn't answering his telephone and/or emails
4th trip - to pick up car and my parts

Basically it cost me $12,000 for the first three trips (fuel, food, hotels, flights, etc.)

Some members have suggested that the price I paid for the car was "A STEAL OF A DEAL". Well in fact it turned out not to be a "steal of a deal". Why do I know this? Because I have since met a guy who fixes wrecked Ford GT's on a regular basis. His company is located in Texas and has sold over 30 fixed Ford GT's for $10 to $15 thousand less than what I paid Michael.

So why not just get my money back instead of completing the transaction? Because I learnt from other VCA members, that had previously done business with Michael, that it's not that easy to get money back.

I learnt a big lesson from this transaction and that is never trust someone who refers you to their friend to do business. I should have checked to see how many other members had previously done business with him and what their experiences were. In the end I heard from many members that had unfavorable transactions with him.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he can't get the work done because he has resident apologist treesnake attached to his sack?
Just a thought.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he can't get the work done because he has resident apologist treesnake attached to his sack?
Just a thought.

Nothing like coming in on the end of a story, without any background....

Read the whole thread , you would see that I was called on, and contacted to help...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Just a thought"....

BTW... "resident apologist" has a couple hundred $K invested...

"Just a thought...."

Didn't know that?

SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT....FIRST....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave