Michael Nouri where are you?

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I AM PHYSICALLY IN ST.LOUIS / OWENSVILLE as of today!!!

I couldn't wait any more and decided to drive all the way from Canada...28 hours of straight driving. :2tu: I'm a little exhausted but very happy to be here.

When I drove into Owensville tonight I was overjoyed to see Micahel at his shop. Michael had just returned from Germany and was catching up on all his emails. I will be meeting Michael tomorrow morning to discuss the Ford GT title.

I will keep you all posted with the progress.

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its real simple, when the car is finished, recalls cleared, inspected by state, taxes are paid, and car is paid in full it will leave.
there has been no delay here on our part, not one physical mile has been put on the car.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, Jason...

How did you know he was home? What were your intentions with the car with Mike out of town? I doubt the Ford dealer will let you near the car...

Mike said you came to pick up the Ford GT (like new, 700 miles) your gen 2 hood, all the parts you left with Mike on your first visit plus all the parts you had shipped to XVIPERS from other vendors. I asked what kind of car hauler/truck/trailer you brought down to haul all of your stuff back and he said you drove down in a '97 Ford Ranger????? Isn't that a mini SUV? I hope he is BS'ing... No trailer either... Did you buy something to haul all this valuable stuff or are you setting up a licensed/bonded/insured car hauler? After all of this, I would think that would be the least you would do to haul this type of car..and all the parts.

Good thing is now you can get the inspections, paperwork, recertifications etc. together. You will be in charge of when you get your car home.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I honestly didn't know wether or not Michael would be in Owensville. I only hoped that he would be back from vacation so I could discuss the GT with him.

I also wanted to get some final $$ figures from him because I have not been able to reach him by telephone.

But the trip would not be a waste because I wanted to see the GT in person and pick up my Viper parts.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JASON!!! I've spotted your car! It's here in TEXAS!!!

Far right of first pic!!!

You must be registered for see images

Didn't want to get any closer than this. I knew the perp would spot me with the red/white striped squad car so close.

Trust me, I'm all over it. As soon as the Lone Star gets here and the nachos are warm my team will get to work!!!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JASON!!! I've spotted your car! It's here in TEXAS!!!

Far right of first pic!!!

Didn't want to get any closer than this. I knew the perp would spot me with the red/white striped squad car so close.

Trust me, I'm all over it. As soon as the Lone Star gets here and the nachos are warm my team will get to work!!!

LOL!! :lmao:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I arrived back home safe and sound with all the parts that I purchased and had sent to XVipers.

I also brought my Gen. II hood back with me. I sold my OEM hood to Michael and delivered it to him in March because I had purchased a Diamondback hood from US Exotics. In the end I asked Michael if he would take the Diamondback hood on trade for my OEM hood. Michael agreed that it would be easier to sell the Diamondback hood instead of my OEM hood. So Michael gets the Diamondback hood and I got my OEM hood.

Before I left Michael booked the Ford GT inspection date with the Missouri DMV for Friday Oct. 17. :2tu: Once the inspection is complete I will then be organizing transport for the GT to Canada.

Cheers
Jason

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I should make it clear that I have no intentions of picking the car up until Michael has been paid in full.

When I was in Owensville this past week I asked Michael if I could see the invoices for parts and body work. Michael was unable to produce them because he didn't have them accessible. He explained to me that if I had let him know that I was coming down to see the GT he could of had the paperwork ready.

At this point I am concerned about the final billing for the GT. It is to my knowledge that the only items remaining to be paid for are Michael's fee (for purchasing and fixing the GT). We both agreed on his fee verbally (nothing in writing). Plus some miscellaneous parts, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just spoke with Michael via email and he has advised me that the GT has passed the Missouri state inspection. :headbang:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've received a bunch of PM's from members asking me about the status of the GT.

As of today this is what I know:
  • Michael told me mid week that he received the revised title from the state
  • GT is complete, inspection is complete and Michael has the title
  • Michael was supposed to have all documents ready and sent to me this week. However I have not yet received anything.
  • I haven't heard from Michael within the past two days.
  • Sent him an email today but have not received a reply
I am anxiously awaiting to hear from him because I want to complete this deal! :eater:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HAS ANYONE SPOKEN TO MICHAEL RECENTLY???

I've been trying to get a hold of him but no luck! :omg: He hasn't returned my emails or answered his telephone!!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Michael has just sent me a final invoice for the GT.

I have asked him to provide me with copies for all the original Ford parts invoices and the Scego Autobody invoice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
UPDATE

Before purchasing the Ford GT I asked Michael if he would take a bunch of my Viper parts as a partial credit towards the purchase of the GT. Michael said he would and we agreed on a total credit (to be applied to purchase of the Ford GT) for all the parts. At that time I sent him pictures and a list of all the parts. As part of the agreement I personally delivered all the parts to his shop in March 2008.

Michael sent me an email yesterday (Nov. 3) and asked me if I could resend him the list of parts I gave him so that he could apply the credit to the final invoice. He also wanted the list so he could attach it to the final invoice. Apparently he lost the original list that I had sent him. So I resent the list to him.

Shortly after I resent the list to him (via email) I received a reply from him. Needless to say I was shocked with his message! He took the opportunity to bash all the parts I gave him and went on to say that nobody would buy that stuff!! He continued his tirade and questioned the total cost of credit that we had agreed upon!

What I find interesting is that Michael applied the parts credit to the first invoice he sent me in March 2008 (as per our agreement). I therefore paid him the difference for the purchase of the Ford GT.

But now he has chosen not to apply the parts credit to the final invoice (which accounts for total cost of car and monies he has received from me). :omg: UNBELIEVABLE!! :mad:

9 months later and he is changing the agreement?!?!?

What I find really interesting is that he is trying to make me look like I am the one who mislead him in this deal. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to pay the final invoice until he gives me credit for the parts I gave him and he provides me with all the original invoices/bills for the Ford GT parts and bodywork.

At this point I don't know what my next step is??

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee what a shock, trying to squeeze more money out of you for any reason he can.
You better get your lawyer up to speed you will assuredly be needing him.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason
I can hardly believe this. Why are you doing this?

I think you have crossed the line...

After this "update", Mike will probably get on here. Jason, I think he will let people know some things that I am positive that you don't want public. Despite the picture you have painted to Mike's past, present and future customers, Mike is a businessman trying to make a living. You have cost him thousands of dollars in lost revenue. In todays economy, especially specializing in a somewhat obscure market like Vipers, any lost revenue can be disastrous. Myself, and a lot of other people on this forum have had, and will continue to have, a good relationship with XVIPERS. There are some that have had problems too. Read the forums, name one Viper vendor that doesn't or hasn't had some kind of problem from time to time. That's business...

I have seen the price list for your "parts". One example... $8100.00 for a set of Forgelines with Pirelli's??? You expect Mike (a retailer) to buy a set of wheels and tires for a ridiculous amount of money, and he is supposed to try and sell them and make a profit? Who on here would pay $8400+(with shipping) for a set of 19 Forgelines and Pirellis (2 years old at that...). Now that doesn't incliude XVIPERS making a dime... How can someone stay in business like that. Why didn't you sell them youself? You know you couldn't get anywhere near that price for them. The whole list is like that.

I really wish you would keep this private or tell the whole story... I am not going to discuss specific items on this forum. I consider you a friend and would like to keep it that way.

IMO...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah... Mike told me yesterday that you are still shipping parts (FGT wheel etc,) to him????? That doesn't make any sense with all the trouble you are having???:dunno:

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30k credit for this, hood, set of wheels you didn't want, a box of used hennessey parts, and that equals 30k.

QUANTITY DESCRIPTION COST
1 hood (swapped a Diamondback hood from US Exotics for my original hood) 6,000
1 hood (2008) 1,250
1 set suspension c/w control arms, spindles & hubs (front & rear) 3,000
1 set brakes c/w rotors, calipers & mounting hardware (from Hennessey) 800
1 set cylinder heads (ported & polished by Hennessey) 4,000
1 intake manifold (ported & polished by Hennessey) 1,000
1 set exhaust headers (from Hennessey) 1,000
1 set valve covers c/w spacers (2008) 895
1 set door sill moldings (aftermarket) 380
1 aluminum dash overlay (aftermarket) 245
1 set half shafts N/C
1 accelerator linkage N/C
1 set Accufab throttle bodies 300
1 set Forgeline rims & Pirelli tires 8,175
1 set spindles (front) N/C
1 set Bosch oxygen sensors 350
1 set E3 spark plugs 60
1 clutch N/C
1 set Koni shocks & Eibach springs 750
1 skid plate N/C
1 set instrument gauge rings (aftermarket) 345
1 set chrome Viper emblems – exterior (aftermarket) 230
1 set engine pulleys N/C
1 transmission support bracket N/C
1 set engine pistons, push rods, main caps, lifters and bolts 500
1 camshaft (from Hennessey) 270
1 set fuel injectors (from Hennessey) 100
1 set horns N/C
1 timing chain cover N/C
1 set seat tracks 300
1 set floor mats (aftermarket) 50
1 Miller MIG welder N/C
1 Miller welding helmet N/C
TOTAL $30,000 US

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met (in person) with Jason, Mike and myself on jasons visit to STL. Jason said he wouldn't be able to sell the parts and that he appreciated Mike trying to CONSIGN/sell the parts for him. I remember this distinctly because I was somewhat interested in the wheels/tires until I heard the price.

A lot of these people commenting have never met Mike. Judging by the tone of their posts', do you think they will call Mike for some parts after something like this? Some of these people are very prevalent on this forum and their opinions might matter to some newcomers or someone looking for parts. This could keep another new buyer away. and another and another...

Could you imagine if there was a forum relating to the oil business and people were posting "things" about you. Suddenly people quit buying your oil because they heard about a problem. I think you know where I am going...

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met (in person) with Jason, Mike and myself on jasons visit to STL. Jason said he wouldn't be able to sell the parts and that he appreciated Mike trying to CONSIGN/sell the parts for him. I remember this distinctly because I was somewhat interested in the wheels/tires until I heard the price.

Jason, this is what I am talking about. This is a perfect example. "V10speedluvr" has never met Mike. Judging by the tone of his post, do you think he will call Mike for some parts. He is very prevalent on this forum and his opinion might matter to some newcomers or someone looking for parts. This could keep another new buyer away. and another and another...

Could you imagine if there was a forum relating to the oil business and people were posting "things" about you. Suddenly people quit buying your oil because they heard about a problem. I think you know where I am going...

I'd still call Mike...and I will because I want the welder and I need spring caps and X2 has had a good reputation despite this partuclar thread. I can go on and on about what I see wrong with all parties involved in this transaction but I have no dog in this fight. After witnessing several of these "<vendor> where are you?" type threads I've learned there's always more to the story and if I need something from the vendor in question I talk with the vendor directly and judge for myself.

How much for shipping the free welder and helmet to zip code 06410? :D

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd still call Mike...and I will because I want the welder and I need spring caps and X2 has had a good reputation despite this partuclar thread. I can go on and on about what I see wrong with all parties involved in this transaction but I have no dog in this fight. After witnessing several of these "<vendor> where are you?" type threads I've learned there's always more to the story and if I need something from the vendor in question I talk with the vendor directly and judge for myself.

How much for shipping the free welder and helmet to zip code 06410? :D

-X2 and XVIPERS are two completely different Vendors.

"After witnessing several of these "<vendor> where are you?" type threads I've learned there's always more to the story and if I need something from the vendor in question I talk with the vendor directly and judge for myself."

-EXACTLY MY POINT...

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL!!! Cosigned! Nothing was cosigned! Michael agreed to all the parts and took delivery of them. That is why Michael applied the $30,000 to the intitial invoice purchase of the GT.

The wheels and tires can't be that bad because he had them mounted on one of his Vipers when I visted him last.

Here is the other thing, Michael told me last week that the Gen. II Viper market has crashed and prices are very low. But yet when I delivered him the Viper parts in March the market was much hotter. I believe this is why Michael is now trying to change the agreement.

Oh, and Michael told me that if I could find a used wheel for the GT(to replace the damaged one) I could have it shipped to him and he would throw it into the front of the car when it is shipped. So I found a used one and had it shipped to him.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the good ol' days of sitting down together in person over a 12 pack and hashing it out? In this case, a keg may be in order but you get the idea. :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, this is what I am talking about. This is a perfect example. "V10speedluvr" has never met Mike. Judging by the tone of his post, do you think he will call Mike for some parts. He is very prevalent on this forum and his opinion might matter to some newcomers or someone looking for parts. This could keep another new buyer away. and another and another...

I deleted my post seeing as though I dont have a dog in this fight and don't want to do harm (rep wise, monetary wise, etc.) to either party in this thread. You may want to delete your original post (with my quote in it).

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Spoke with Michael later this morning and he advised me that he will get me the parts invoices and body shop invoice very soon. But first he needs to modify the parts invoices. The dealership that he purchased the Ford GT parts from sells both Ford and Dodge products (West Brothers). So he needs to remove the Dodge Viper parts that are on the same invoice(s) with the Ford GT parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave