Motor Trend says 2013 will have the 6.4 V8

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In their latest new car edition they prognosticate that the Viper will have a 500 HP/500ftlb 6.4 V8 and a twin clutch automatic as an option. They say no other engine options will be available. I hope they're wrong, but if they're right the Viper better be put on Jenny Craig in a hurry because it has to loose about 500 pounds to be competitive with that motor choice:omg:

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In their latest new car edition they prognosticate that the Viper will have a 500 HP/500ftlb 6.4 V8 and a twin clutch automatic as an option. They say no other engine options will be available. I hope they're wrong, but if they're right the Viper better be put on Jenny Craig in a hurry because it has to loose about 500 pounds to be competitive with that motor choice:omg:

The Obama administration just past car regulation laws that state all cars and trucks must get 50 miles to the gallon by 2025.
The days of 400 to 600 hp cars are over with. I bet by 2025 the Viper will have 300 hp just to meet that standard

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I received my MT in the mail yesterday. Saw that too, but knew that was an obvious typo error of sorts. Not sweating it a bit here!

Carry on...

Cheers,

BB

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep... my GTS should double in value within 3 years...

You must be registered for see images attach

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all know it's going to be the same (more or less) 8.4L V10 that's in it now.
There's no way they will bring the car back with less power than it currently has, that would be suicide.
Maybe in the Gen VI car a twin turbo V8, but not for now. Mark my words.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all know it's going to be the same (more or less) 8.4L V10 that's in it now.
There's no way they will bring the car back with less power than it currently has, that would be suicide.
Maybe in the Gen VI car a twin turbo V8, but not for now. Mark my words.

It will NEVER be a V8. Mark my words! :nono:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Motor Trend,

My name is Bubba, and I am in Markting for SRT and I would luv to be a paid informer. I will give really secret info, if you promise not to print it? I saw that there is going to be a new *****, but since Tom the injunear rites crappy, I could not tell ifen it said 6.4 or maybe 8.4 liter. Probably 6.4 , cuz Tom don't like big numbers. He said something about a paddle , and though he luvs ping pong , eye think he is talking bout an automatic tranny. I don't hear real well so, he could have been talking about gettin an automatic for his granny. Either way I think they are going to put a V8 in the car, unless he was getting some V8 juice for granny. I am pretty good at ciphering , so I am almost sure there will be a V8 automatic in the next Viper, or , I guess , Tom could be stopping on the way back from getting his new ping pong paddles and getting granny some V8 juice ? Please print all you want as long as my check is big, and I will send you more information as I get it with my super detective skills.

PS - I got information on the Charger too, as I heard Dick the injunear talking bout a Variable Value timer, so looks like they are putting a microwave in that car, and it can cook at varying heat levels. U heard it here first.............send checks!

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dear Motor Trend,

The new Viper is going to totally ****. It's going to have the engine out of a 2003 Plymouth Breeze, weigh 4,800lbs, and look almost exactly like a Pontiac Aztec.

-Daniel Akerson

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The could bring back the Demon concept to use the 6.4, but you can't use the name Viper without a V-10 under the hood.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well IF that is true, the bad news is Viper is dead. But the good news is our cars are even more so a collectors item and value will be rising.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

You crack me up! I know that MT is not known for getting all their facts correct, but as we all know sometimes rumors are actually based on facts floated out here for their reaction. I hope they are waaay off base on this one though!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prediction...no matter what the engine.

10 Cyls.
Faster.
Better handling.
Better braking.
Better fuel econony.
Higher top speed.
Better aero.
Faster shifting.
Better stereo & Nav.
Better throttle response.

Bet my predictions are accurate.

Bet some people still complain about the car.

F

FrgMstr

Don't believe everything you read.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/646411-Grailkeeper-Quote-Looking-Ahead

Jimbos1980

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you believe that, I have a bridge in Arizona that I want to sell you. There's no way that Ralph would give in to a V8. 2025 is a ways off and I can see stipulations with this law. I don't see your semis, maybe pick up's getting 50 mph+. Perhaps exotics will get a pass as they are rare?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if Motor Trend says it then it must be true. Like the internet, Motor Trend is always correct.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new MPG's are fleet averages not for each & every vehicle. With the few Vipers produced each year, they could get 1 mpg and it wouldn't matter.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JOURNALISM FAIL

...and forum coding fail not letting me do a post with all caps.

Last edited:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you believe that, I have a bridge in Arizona that I want to sell you. There's no way that Ralph would give in to a V8. 2025 is a ways off and I can see stipulations with this law. I don't see your semis, maybe pick up's getting 50 mph+. Perhaps exotics will get a pass as they are rare?

Would that be the London Bridge in Lake Havasu, Arizona? :rolleyes:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is Motor Trend is wrong! Ralph promised the GenV would not ****! Those were his exact words and a V8 Viper would definitely ****.....

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Of course he is going to say it doesn't ****. Who would say their brand's high performance car *****? But I'm sure it is a typo, and it is 8.4.

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How about what a buy name RALPH GILES said at VOI??? He said it will be a V-10, im going with Ralph, not the retards at Motor Trend !!!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Obama administration just past car regulation laws that state all cars and trucks must get 50 miles to the gallon by 2025.
The days of 400 to 600 hp cars are over with. I bet by 2025 the Viper will have 300 hp just to meet that standard

Ehhhhh, you sure about that? I thought that it was a fleet average with penalties for not meeting the standard overall, but not a requirement to meet the fleet average standard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss