My Driver's stripe

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR lookalike on the other thread had a big thick red stripe on the black rim and a few of you didn't like that. But I just had some extra red electrical tape, so I did my version of the driver's stripe (only the left wheels were done) to see if a thinner stripe would compliment the other red parts well. I'll leave the electrical tape on for a few days before deciding whether this is something I want to do. What do you guys think?

I like it:2tu:

OP
OP
A

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your inputs and I've decided to go with the subtle look first and if I still want the wheels to stand out more, I can always do the stripe later. Taking Wallbanger's suggestion (thank you Wallbanger), I've painted the ACR lettering red and here're a couple pictures. I just finished painting it so have not seen how it looks in daylight yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it with the strip but the subtle look of the SRT colored look great. and ALEXARZ two things, people that use the term "***" are usaully just trying to hide the truth from others by misdirection and in your case it doesn't work:smirk:, second, didn't that term die in the 80's but I bet you have a mullet too. :rainbow:

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your inputs and I've decided to go with the subtle look first and if I still want the wheels to stand out more, I can always do the stripe later. Taking Wallbanger's suggestion (thank you Wallbanger), I've painted the ACR lettering red and here're a couple pictures. I just finished painting it so have not seen how it looks in daylight yet.

You must be registered for see images

Nice touch, maybe Austin can photoshop a thin red line around the wheels for effect.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice.... a couple of other cheap suggestions

I'm not feeling the polished lug nuts.. Deep black chrome ones would look better.. gorrilla nuts are a great product

Second .. take the rim center piece... paint the viper logo in red with a black background...it will stand out very nicely

Also put a sealant on the red lettering (and the viper logo if you do it)...this is a great prodcut..Autopia Review: All-In-One Polish & Sealant: FK1 Ultra All-In-One - Cleaner - Polish - Sealant
Then just clean the red lettering every month or so with a q tip to keep it looking bright

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice.... a couple of other cheap suggestions

I'm not feeling the polished lug nuts.. Deep black chrome ones would look better.. gorrilla nuts are a great product

I wonder how red lug nuts would look? I'm not sure how the paint would hold up while impacting but I bet that would look wicked if it could be done.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are from the other site,,, but can you imagine these on bruce's acr... they are so over the top they might actually work

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certainly not my style. But then again I don't own a 'chest wig' either.

OP
OP
A

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is definitely over the top. I'd love to see these wheels on an ACR on the street or in a show so that I can look and admire them, but too loud for me though.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I too have an ACR coming and don't like the look of the chrome lug nuts or the polished plastic center cap. I do like Wallbanger's idea of black lug nuts and a black center cap with a red Fangs painted into it - got to try that.

I like the SRT painted red as well.

Not crazy about the red line around the wheels.

Dan

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are from the other site,,, but can you imagine these on bruce's acr... they are so over the top they might actually work

They are totaly flashy but I like it. I don't think they work on the red car but I think they would be great on a black ACR.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte