My Viper Days Buddy is Dying - Need to Contact Carroll Shelby

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOGDEALER - a card to Dwayne goes out tommorrow! Best of luck in the situation - it's a damn shame that they wouldn't let Kirkham finish the car.

Let AutoWeek at 'em!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed, glad to see you over here!
I have witnessed an enormous outpouring of concern and offers to help Dwayne both from the Viper guys and Cobra guys. Let us hope with all of our help he can put this matter behind him very quickly.
Take good care of Jays Viper! :cool:

Although it is in another post, Many of you may not know Ed is the person working on my project Viper. We talked about this post last week and between the people here and on the Cobra site things were finally moving/stalled/moving in this situation.

Over the year's Ed's Spring Fling Cobra event has raised hundred's of thousands of dollars for charity. He has alway's been one that gives of himself, and his family supports him 110% in those efforts. The reason I bring it up is Ed is in a hospital in Ohio, his daughter was brought in for emergency surgery yesterday. Ed's daughter is also in need of your prayers. I tried to find out today how the operation went, but have only got to his cells answering sevice. When I hear more, I'll let you know.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny,

Just sealed the envelope. The card will be in the mail tomorrow. I also enclosed a pic of my Viper and Harley to help decorate the room.

***PLEASE SEND DWAYNE A CARD***

Here is Dwaynes address. The Economy Inn is hooked to the Mayop Clinic.

Dwayne Gregory
c/o Economy Inn By Kahler
9 Northwest Third Avenue Room#640
Rochester MN 55902

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a call from AUTOWEEK today. They want to do a story on this.

BRAVO!!!!! :usa: :eek: Once this gets out, those creeps are going to get what's coming to them... Keep asking for money with no intentions to finish the car. Sounds like someone else we all know... ;)

Gerald

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys....... when press gets done with that story or tv show or whatever...can someone please tape it/scan it for the fellas in Can....

I don't know what autoweek is exactly but I sure want to know how it turns out in public light. Dwayne so deserve it these guys must bite the dust!

Show me show me show me !! :laugh:

OP
OP
H

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***A VERY GENEROUS OFFER & SOME VERY BAD NEWS****

I got a call from The Kirkham Family in Utah. They said they would build Dwayne a car right now and get it to him for Christmas to use, until his other car is done on Jan. 15th.

Now for the bad news. Dwayne was told today that his Liver has 7 cancer tumors on it. Four (4) of the seven are 2-3" long. Further, the Doctors at the Mayo Clinic told Dwayne they will have to remove his bladder.

I told the Kirkhams, thanks for the offer but I think we will have to wait and see how his health is first. He is not even strong enough to walk right now and sleeps most of the time. The pain pills really knock him out. He isnt eating and is loosing weight each day.

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those guys need to be beaten an inch from their life!!!!! I hope this gets out and shows the rest of the world what they're like.

We have included Dwayne in our prayers.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny, very sorry to hear the news. A card is going out in the mail today to Dwayne with pictures. I remember meeting Dwayne this past Viper Days season. Nobody deserves this kind of treatment. He is a great guy and my prayers are with him. You are a good friend for helping out this way. I wish there was more WE could do. God Bless

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sad to hear. All Dwayne wanted was his car.. And for them to keep asking for MORE money just so they could rob Peter and pay Paul. How sad. I'm going to link this thread to as many people I know.... To steer the f*** clear of lying theives.

HogDealer , please tell Dwayne that he has sooo many people pulling for him. :usa:

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,
This is my first post on this thread, I have read this whole thread as well as the nearly 20 page thread from the Cobra site.
This is such a maddening thing to hear of...my thoughts are with Dwayne....I am hoping he will somehow make it through to be able to enjoy his Cobra soon.
During this holiday season it is so nice to learn of such nice people like the Kirkhams, if I was ever in the market for a "Cobra" I would definately buy from them, and not the scumbags that have screwed over Dwayne (as well as others) for the past 2 years.
Mr. Shelby has been one of my heros since I was a little kid. I remember having a poster of a GT 350 on my wall of my bedroom when I was about 7, and one of the reasons I fell in love with Vipers is because of the "heritage" they hold with the Shelby Cobra.
I truly hope Mr. Shelby has been on another planet and really doesnt know what is going on here, but me thinks that is not the case.
I hope to read more of this very soon on the pages of Autoweek, or better yet, see it on the evening network news.
Best of luck to Dwayne.....
Merry Christmas to all.
And lets hope the ******** get what they deserve...
Scott

OP
OP
H

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is from a post at Cobra Club

I've been in contact with the Senior Editor of Hot Rod Magazine (Primedia). He's "internet savvy" and posts on other automotive forums. I forwarded to him the link to this thread, requesting his help (or help from Primedia or any of his other connections).

His response was: This sounds like a sad story, but it's really not the type of thing we'd get involved with. As much as he's [Shelby] a legend in the industry, those of us who are familiar with his business practices would not find this kind of thing shocking

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is from a post at Cobra Club

I've been in contact with the Senior Editor of Hot Rod Magazine (Primedia). He's "internet savvy" and posts on other automotive forums. I forwarded to him the link to this thread, requesting his help (or help from Primedia or any of his other connections).

His response was: This sounds like a sad story, but it's really not the type of thing we'd get involved with. As much as he's [Shelby] a legend in the industry, those of us who are familiar with his business practices would not find this kind of thing shocking

Well that just ***** out loud :mad: :mad: , Seems Mr. Shelby has a rep in his own little circles. Dirt bag beget dirt bags
1882cursin.jpg
1882cursin.jpg

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said it "Rich".. Funny how when someone wrongs a customer , how quickly people turn the other cheek and brush it off and just as quickly do business with them again.

G

150shot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this story has a happy ending,
its amazing how many crooked people there are in the automotive business....I've seen stories like this on numerous forums...

Racerherbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the call from ViperJay (my brother) that a fellow 'Car Guy' is here. I work at the Mayo Clinic here in Rochester Minnesota so I will swing by and make Dwayne feel welcomed and at home. I get back with everyone after I visit Dwayne. Take care all.

OP
OP
H

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***UPDATE***
DWAYNE:
Today the good doctors at Mayo will try and decide if they should try chemo or just send Dwayne home for Hospice Care. The issue is Quality of Life.

If they send him home he is looking at 7 months of pain and narcotics till the end.

If the do the chemo he is looking at 14 month of being deathly sick.

THE COBRA:
We have people going over to Finish Line to check on the progress of the car. It is still suppose to be done on Jan. 15th.

THE MEDIA:
Many media people are aware of the story and looking into it. Last thing I heard from Autoweek was they were trying to get a hold of Caroll for comment.

OP
OP
H

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**THE FOLLOWING WAS POSTED BY CURT. C AT COBRA CLUB***

Dwayne and Hogdealer,

Per your request, I paid a visit to Finsh Line and Kroyer's today. I met breifly with Roy Hunt and his staff. They were very polite and were more than willing to accomodate pictures being taken of the car. I uploaded the pictures (25) at Imagestation. Here is the link.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2133741564

The link should open to an index of the pictures. Album name is Dwayne's CSX 4311. I also took a quick shot of Shelby's Daytona Coupe that resides there. Maybe Brent or Computerworks can create a gallery for Dwayne here at Club Cobra. I will also post one pic on this reply

Per my conversation with Roy Hunt, he still beleives the car will be ready on 1/15/05, but. "it will come down to the wire". Apprarently they are still waiting for a bunch of small pieces to arrive. As I have never seen the car before, I cannot comment on the progress since Dwayne's last visit. The car does appear to be in the final stages of completion though as the suspension is hung and wiring is largely complete. The fuel cell has also been installed and plumbed. The enigne is across the street at Kroyers. I spoke with Kevin Kroyer and he allowed me to photograph the engine. Kevin stated that the engine is complete and has been dyno tested. Finish Line has not picked it up yet because they are not yet ready to install it. Kevin stated that he can also email pics to Dwayne shoud he request.

Dwayne, I want to think you for the opportunity to allow me to see and photograph your Cobra. It truly is a beatiful car and silver with black stripes is my favorite color combination. With hope, these pictures will put a smile on your face and make your holidays a little brighter. I ask for only one thing in return. I would very much like to be there on 1/15/05 when you take possession of the CSX 4311 Beast. I want to see you drive that car.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone sends me the pictures I will post them on my own server so you don't have to become a member of Imagestation. I hate signing up for stuff like that, they always share your email address!

Like all of us, my family's thoughts are with Dwayne as well!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the images from Hogdealer's gallery over at clubcobra. Great bunch of guys over there. Hopefully these pics will bring some joy to Dwayne.

282722016f5d748c3-med.jpg
282722016f5d748c6-med.jpg
282722016f5d748c7-med.jpg
282722016f5d748c9-med.jpg
282722016f5d748ca-med.jpg
282722016f5d748cb-med.jpg
282722016f5d748cd-med.jpg
282722016f5d748d0-med.jpg
282722016f5d748d3-med.jpg
282722016f5d748d4-med.jpg
282722016f5d748d7-med.jpg
282722016f5d748d8-med.jpg
282722016f5d748da-med.jpg
282722016f5d748db-med.jpg
282722016f5d748e0-med.jpg
282722016f5d748e2-med.jpg
282722016f5d748e4-med.jpg

Racerherbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dwayne, Great color choices!

Hi all,
I just got back from visiting with Dwayne and Keena. Dwayne starts his Chemo tomorrow and like any of us he is scared. We talked for a long time and he is a fighter and that's the attitude you need. If there is anyone who can keep him motivated and keep his spirits up it's Keena. She is doing everything she can to get him through this. He is VERY excited about his car. I think at this point it's his motivation to get through all this. I dropped him off a bunch of my car mags and a load of X-Mas cookies so he shouldn't get board of be left too hungry. Keep those cards and letters coming. He is so appreciative of everything everyone is doing for him, I just can't put it into words how much this means to him. He has got so many cards and letters that he hasn't even read them all. The ones he has read he has place on top of the entertainment center...And I saw a ton of them there. Dwayne is about go through the toughest thing he has ever done in his life, so keep Dwayne and Keena in your prayers.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is the address still the Mayo Clinic / hotel address? Want to send some stuff out....

Thanks!

Racerherbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is the address still the Mayo Clinic / hotel address? Want to send some stuff out....

Thanks!

Here is is address. It appears that he may be at this address for up to 2 months depending on how the Chemo goes.

Dwayne Gregory
c/o Economy Inn By Kahler
9 Northwest Third Avenue Room#640
Rochester MN 55902

OP
OP
H

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg (aka RacerHerbie)

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Janni = Yes the Hotel Address is still good. The Hotel is conected to the Hospital so it is just like having a private room.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth