Need Adhesive info for side sill insulation

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my side sills off to correct a broken exhaust hanger. The insulation that is originally bonded to the inside of the sill disbonded again.

Anyone have the hot ticket to "re-glue" the insulation back on again?

thanks
Steve A.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think it's just high temp silicone. That's what it looked like on mine at least when I pulled it off to have my sill repainted. I just ran a couple of beads back over it and pressed it down. Don't know how well it's holding without taking it back off though.

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey steve, I see you have a VCA coupe, I have #14. What was the issue with the exhaust hanger? my passenger side exhaust hanger right by the outlet seems to be hanging low. Just wondering if its the same thing

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey steve, I see you have a VCA coupe, I have #14. What was the issue with the exhaust hanger? my passenger side exhaust hanger right by the outlet seems to be hanging low. Just wondering if its the same thing

The issue with mine was that the hanger "rod" the part that slides into the front urethane mount in front by the converters, simply broke.

It is a very clean break as if it were very brittle. Becasue I was now suspect of the remaining pieces of the rod I bought a new 3/8" dia piece of steel rod at my local metal supply house. I bent it to match the original welded it back on and now its good as new...

On another note, I have been trying to compile a list of all 50 VIN's of the VCA cars. Would you mine PMing me the last 6 numbers of yours?
I have about a dozen so far.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...mine have been loose since the first time I ever took them off, so I never even knew they were supposed to be glued in place. lol
I just always put them back in there and they hold themselves in place. Guess I'll try re-attaching them next time I have the sills off. It will make putting it all back together a bit easier if I'm not having to try to get it in place.

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used high temp epoxy - believe it was on the shelf at advanced auto parts. Never had an issue after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh