need new windshield - 2009 ACR

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any idea of there is anything special about the 2009 ACR windshield? I do not want to turn it into my insurance but i want to get whatever it takes to be similar to the OEM windshield.

Mine got hit with a pretty decent rock which put about a 3" crack in it, but the crack is growing quickly with every bump.... and here in the rust belt there are a zillion bumps! :(

dodge dealer? aftermarket? anyone have some experience with this?

thanks

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with your local Dodge dealer as they should be in plentiful supply. Fits all SRT10's from 2003-2010, and apparently 2013 too...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also note that shipping a windshield isn't cheap and your local dealer doesn't have to pay (or charge) to provide it locally.

Reaction score
A lot of dealers like us have a "deal" with the glass company, that makes it cheap to replace the glass based on the volumes we do so ask first.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In some states (FL) windshield replacement is free under your insurance policy (State Farm). No deductable. Safelite replaced mine in my driveway. He said he only did high end cars for the company. Better still he asked that I watch him during the whole process. Took a little over an hour and was scary to watch him use some of the tools needed. There is no doubt it was done right because I was with him start to finish.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a tread some time ago on this issue regarding aftermarket windshields for Viper, specifically Gen 3's. If I recall correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), the only option (at the time) was the OE windshield - as no aftermarket companies produced glass for Vipers due to low demand.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky you should see what a Gen 2 GTS windshield costs. :omg:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine replaced, aftermaket source, has the same OEM chrysler markings on it as the original. So yes there is availability for non-oem glass for Vipers, but they're manufactured by the same dudes that make the ones for CAAP. -costed less than oem msrp though. Gen 3/4 glass is the same, ACR, no difference.........in glass....

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!!!!

that is good that ACR = any other gen 3/4....... I guess i will call the dealer to see about what the cost is there.

I got quoted $400 for my RX8 but then found a different aftermarket place for $200... but i wonder if the quality is there on the $200??? I don't think i want a chinese made windshield at 170mph...lol...

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!!!!

that is good that ACR = any other gen 3/4....... I guess i will call the dealer to see about what the cost is there.

I got quoted $400 for my RX8 but then found a different aftermarket place for $200... but i wonder if the quality is there on the $200??? I don't think i want a chinese made windshield at 170mph...lol...

You won't find a new Viper windshield anywhere near $200... MSRP is $927 and online discount places sell 'em for around $650. Then there's the installation labor... I believe the low volume of the Viper is responsible for the high price. Bought a German-glass 911 windshield for far less than this.

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In some states (FL) windshield replacement is free under your insurance policy (State Farm). No deductable. Safelite replaced mine in my driveway. He said he only did high end cars for the company. Better still he asked that I watch him during the whole process. Took a little over an hour and was scary to watch him use some of the tools needed. There is no doubt it was done right because I was with him start to finish.

^ This.

Well worth calling your insurance company.

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am paying for mine out of pocket just so my insurance doesn't look at my record...i have a few tickets and 2 accidents in the past 2 years which were all my fault and my rates are very reasonable so I don't want the insurance to pay for a windshield, look at my idiot record then jump my rates up...for 4 cars- rx8, viper, trailblazer ss and wrangler unlimited i pay $1700 a year for full coverage on all. :) ...Safelight says they are using a Dodge supplied windshield and it is about $700 with tax..... the guy is at my house right now... :)

My windshield was replaced rock flew up and cracked it. Insurance paid for it was 900 the bill from safelight. Good luck

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call and ask your agent if there is any impact to your policy. In FL windshields are automatically covered 100% and you don't have to pay your deductable.

Viper0062

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my '08 Coupe I have been going through the ringer for over three weeks here in W. TX. Price for aftermarket is $360.00, but I am on my 4th windshield
as they have come in with scratch, etc. Have number 5 coming in next week and they say it looks good? The OEM windshield was quoted at $1,200.00 plus
installation. I will be so glad after this problem is solved. If number 5 is bad I am going to bite the bullet and head for the Dodge House. Good luck on your
replacement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang