** NEW 800 RWHP GEN 3 TURBO SYSTEM ** in Progress**

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ended up picking up the same type of device from Amazon for like 13 dollars. it was called Bluetooth ELM 327 Diagnostics . Then i downloaded the Torque app for 4.99. It works pretty good!! Just another option

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All final hardware revisions are done,

turbos upgrades to an S cover setup and charge piping enlarged to 2 1/2" from teh turbos to the intercoolers to match up with the 2.5" exit on the compressor.

We have also been working on a footwell system as well for those that like the traditional placement of turbos , pics later today...

Here is the rear kit

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow that looks great now you gotta make a clear rear fascia so everyone will be able to see it. j/k :2tu:

Last edited:

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Niiiice ! Do you have pics of the pipes running under the car to the front ?
Very Inspired , and Great Work ! Worth the Wait ! :) :2tu:

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: no wonder there a paxton kits on sale now :eater:

competition is good for any market

Now that Steve has brought the price of a twin turbo down to supercharging....there is no competition. Turbos are a lot more efficient than supercharging. Why do you think most supercars use twin turbos instead of supercharging. Great work Steve!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: no wonder there a paxton kits on sale now :eater:

competition is good for any market

Got that right, seems like a lot of Supercharger sales on right now, but one thing to keep in mind is that the superchargers need the extras that the turbo system doesn't need, headers, heads, intake, etc.

And the twins make power NOW when you want it and they let the engine behave like stock when you don't mash the pedal down, the supercharger is always there sucking energy, The twins make full boost in a matter of a couple of hundred RPM, you don't have to wait till redline like on a paxton car.

I talked to the people at Paxton and they say that their Supercharger ***** up 90 HP at full 7-8 psi boost more at higher boost levels. That power is always being robbed in a linear fashion from your car and putting stress on the components that were not designed for the stress. Namely the crankshaft, you really wouldn't want to know how many Viper crankshafts have been ripped apart by a Paxton pulley, not at mild boost levels but once you start wanting 700-800 Hp from your Paxton, it is just a matter of time. It even happened to my Exotic engines built Paxton car I had. I will never go back to a Paxton for that reason alone.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that Steve has brought the price of a twin turbo down to supercharging....there is no competition. Turbos are a lot more efficient than supercharging. Why do you think most supercars use twin turbos instead of supercharging. Great work Steve!

Thanks Robert,

For those that would rather have a traditional Turbo set up, I have a superior design Footwell system in the works now too. It will use the same oil less turbos so there will be no oiling problems that occur with the footwell systems due to the height of the turbos in relation to the oil pan height (always good to mount the turbos higher so their oil drains down to the oil pan, but this cannot be done on a Viper footwell system) these turbos negate all the problems off draining oil, turbo timers to keep oil flowing to the turbos after engine shut off, etc. I will post some pics a little later today of the footwell system.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest updates to the system,

Though the rear mount inter coolers looked great with the bumper off, they really were not visible with the bumper on. I decided to go with a more standard inter cooler placed right before the throttle body. This move also allowed the additional benefit of placing the blow off valve before the inter cooler which keeps hot air out of the inter cooler that doesn't need to be there. The elimination of the rear inter coolers also increased boost response and removed the equivalent of 8 feet of tubing per turbo (5 feet for volume of each inter cooler and 3 actual feet of tubing).

The change has resulted in intake air temps being reduced by 25-30 degrees to just 5 degrees above ambient.

Here are some pictures of the latest changes

The disconnected and soon to be removed inter coolers

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STEVE!!!! I absolutely LOVE this new intercooler set up and it will eliminate a little more weight I think. The two had to be a little heavier than the one. Get this ready for shipping and call me :headbang:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will post up the final pics and info in a few hours, system is great!

Just what I wanted, 6 PSI system 676 at the rear

8 PSI system is 772 rear wheel.

All on a stock engine, whole system is now made so it can be installed by a noob.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice numbers. Cant wait to see some track times and more importantly a roll against a paxton car :popcorn:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice numbers. Cant wait to see some track times and more importantly a roll against a paxton car :popcorn:

Sorry, maybe one of the people that are getting this system can do that but I live in Norcal, I see a Viper here once every 6 months or so and most people I know that had paxtons either sold their cars or the paxton units. The local strip has a rule where the fastest you can go without a roll bar is 11.5 or you get kicked off until you add a roll bar. My car does not have a roll bar but I have been able to hit the brake pedal at the end of the track and log an 11.52 with a 1.6 second 60' time on PS2's

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth