Official Exhaust Clip Thread!!!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also told by a few people that having the headers coated won't really make a difference, and for how much it would cost to have them coated isn't worth it...

Can anyone chime in with this? Is the coating really affective at reducing a lot of heat at all? I have no problem saving money if this is true and not have them coated, but the fact you can have these things coated Black just seems bada$$! I know I've already been told to use the Heat Shields regardless so I would barely see the Headers anyway, but for better piece of mind I was thinking having them coated couldn't hurt, and I dunno.. just having Black Headers seems awesome haha.

The pictures below were originally posted by Toddy from Bad Boyzz Garage. I found these pics from another thread:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice....do them black! Also, a good pic showing how aftermarket headers have that the extra lower section of separate tubes running into a collector.

Have any idea what brand of rr's those are?

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now running Dynomax 24222 3in mufflers, Roes 3in hi flow cats and muffler deletes. Sounds so bad ass and the whole set up cost under $600 :2tu:

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 141

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now running Dynomax 24222 3in mufflers, Roes 3in hi flow cats and muffler deletes. Sounds so bad ass and the whole set up cost under $600 :2tu:

Well you definitely beat my $2400 spent lol.. That's awesome though, I look forward to hearing how your exhaust sound. If you don't mind, I'd also like to check out your car with 3:55 gears and short throw before I purchased mine. If I do decide to do those mods since I'm already in deep with everything else I plan on getting :cool:

Not sure if you feel comfortable letting me take your car for quick drive someday this summer to see how the gears/short throw feels or not, but I'll let you drive my car too if it makes it even lol. I'm just not positive if I want to do the Gears/Short Throw yet or if I will even like the setup enough to justify spending the money to do it.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will take you for a ride :D I'm very curious to compare your exhaust setup with headers compared to mine. Mine is loud and deep but if yours is deeper I will upgrade to a similar set up as yours if there is a big difference :2tu:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will take you for a ride :D I'm very curious to compare your exhaust setup with headers compared to mine. Mine is loud and deep but if yours is deeper I will upgrade to a similar set up as yours if there is a big difference :2tu:

Sounds good. My Corsa and RT High-flow right now has a pretty good sound to it, I've just always wanted headers to elevate and increase the overall sound even more, besides the fact you'll gain some rwhp in the process. I was told because of the 1-5/8" X 1-3/4" step design, it will produce a louder sound too, so I'm looking forward to it. ;)

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when will you have them installed?

Sounds good. My Corsa and RT High-flow right now has a pretty good sound to it, I've just always wanted headers to elevate and increase the overall sound even more, besides the fact you'll gain some rwhp in the process. I was told because of the 1-5/8" X 1-3/4" step design, it will produce a louder sound too, so I'm looking forward to it. ;)

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when will you have them installed?

Prob not for awhile. Most likely, not until August unfortunately. I still gotta put some money aside for more parts. I plan on buying the Rockers next Friday though. When do you think you will be done everything on yours? Do you plan on buying a lot of other stuff for it this summer?

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm coming close to the end of the buying spree, I bought almost everything that fits my taste for looks and speed. If i was to buy something else it would be rockers and possibly headers if I see a big enough difference in sound with your setup. I would love to have a twin turbo but will never do it, not worth the cost and aggravation it can bring for my application of driving. I think i should be completely done in 3 weeks

Prob not for awhile. Most likely, not until August unfortunately. I still gotta put some money aside for more parts. I plan on buying the Rockers next Friday though. When do you think you will be done everything on yours? Do you plan on buying a lot of other stuff for it this summer?

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm coming close to the end of the buying spree, I bought almost everything that fits my taste for looks and speed. If i was to buy something else it would be rockers and possibly headers if I see a big enough difference in sound with your setup. I would love to have a twin turbo but will never do it, not worth the cost and aggravation it can bring for my application of driving. I think i should be completely done in 3 weeks

Well, unfortunately I might be emptying your wallet if you like the sound my car makes lol. If that ends up happening, "my bad" ;)

I completely agree with the twin turbo, although I considered going the Super Charger route. I decided not to do either because I figure it could end up causing more problems as well as aggravation, and I didn't want to run the risk of spending more money for more problems. Considering I've heard doing either of those setups can land your car in the shop unexpectidly more frequently than if you just left your car N/A. I only use my car on the street/highway and for pure enjoyment, so my car will never be tracked. With that being said, I can't seem to justify spending that much money for all that power and not using it.

HOWEVER..... the only other mods I would consider when I'm done with everything I plan on getting this summer would be a more aggressive cam to go along with ported heads. That alone can give you around 70-80rwhp with a good tune, or so I've been told. Right now, I'm aiming to get my car at 500rwhp this summer. I'm hoping I can accomplish that. I know with 3:55s it will lower the numbers on the dyno, which is why I'd like to have the car dyno'd before 3:55s were put on, if I do decide to get them. If I ended up doing the more aggressive cam and getting the heads ported, I would hope to achieve 600rwhp, but would imagine I'd most likely have to add some other mods to achieve that number, if there in fact is anything else I could buy that wouldn't be too expensive. I heard ThrottleBoddies could give me maybe a 5-7rwhp gain, but doesn't seem worth it for the money.

Last edited:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plum did nitrous, something to consider if you want that 600 number, i have been kicking around the idea and may do a itty bitty 50 shot

Well, unfortunately I might be emptying your wallet if you like the sound my car makes lol. If that ends up happening, "my bad" ;)

I completely agree with the twin turbo, although I considered going the Super Charger route. I decided not to do either because I figure it could end up causing more problems as well as aggravation, and I didn't want to run the risk of spending more money for more problems. Considering I've heard doing either of those setups can land your car in the shop unexpectidly more frequently than if you just left your car N/A. I only use my car on the street/highway and for pure enjoyment, so my car will never be tracked. With that being said, I can't seem to justify spending that much money for all that power and not using it.

HOWEVER..... the only other mods I would consider when I'm done with everything I plan on getting this summer would be a more aggressive cam to go along with ported heads. That alone can give you around 70-80rwhp with a good tune, or so I've been told. Right now, I'm aiming to get my car at 500rwhp this summer. I'm hoping I can accomplish that. I know with 3:55s it will lower the numbers on the dyno, which is why I'd like to have the car dyno'd before 3:55s were put on, if I do decide to get them. If I ended up doing the more aggressive cam and getting the heads ported, I would hope to achieve 600rwhp, but would imagine I'd most likely have to add some other mods to achieve that number, if there in fact is anything else I could buy that wouldn't be too expensive. I heard ThrottleBoddies could give me maybe a 5-7rwhp gain, but doesn't seem worth it for the money.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plum did nitrous, something to consider if you want that 600 number, i have been kicking around the idea and may do a itty bitty 50 shot

My roommate told me to do that, I thought about it as well. I'd just rather do bolt ons, so I know my car will consistantly put out the same power where as nitrous isn't "permanent power" having to get the nitrous refilled once in awhile.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also thought about nitrous, but it isn't constant, you have to have a place to refill. I have a lot of friends who have used it and it is a constant hassle. "Oh, my nitrous wasn't working that run."

I am with you guys in doing a lot of bolt-ons this summer. Full exhaust, trans rebuild, new clutch, chromoly flywheel, mounts, shifter.

I can't wait to put the exhaust clip up, I am going with Bassani race mufflers.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you only need nitrous when you run a faster car which isnt often id bet. a 100 shot is very easy to do and run safely. most guys go to a 200 shot though. same thing just bigger jets

nitrous was a TON of fun. but filling the bottles can be a PIA but i used it more than most...

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want REAL HP gains so I know how much rwhp my car actually has. So I wouldn't bother with Nitrous, unless I was actually racing which I don't plan on doing.

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some good exhaust sounds from my car recently on the dyno.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4C_W35Zw-g[/media]

Much

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQI-t9EZNlQ[/media]

my gen1 , Roe Racing Exhaust + Belanger Headers :)

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so my exhaust budget exhaust system sounds f***ing awesome but I'm sitting at my office thinking "wow this is was it feels like to have a shot gun go off next to your ear"

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so my exhaust budget exhaust system sounds f***ing awesome but I'm sitting at my office thinking "wow this is was it feels like to have a shot gun go off next to your ear"

Dude when you took off last saturday night, your car sounded awesome. Martin and I both said that. It maybe have been installed on a budget, but I don't think anyone would be able to tell for the most part unless you told them. ;)

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you coming to the Zone Rendezvous? That may be the best time to compare exhaust notes .... recorded sound clips really don't do them much justice

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am missing out!! :( haha That is awesome, drone will have to be eliminated with some branch pipes... about 16" long same diameter as the pipe.