Paxton Tuning

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at a used Paxton and want to know what is needed for tuning? Is an SCT enough or do you need something for additional tuning?

Thanks

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to know more about the setup. Lbs,fuel distemper,OEM etc?

Plum,
I'm new to this so bear with me but I have no idea what you are asking.

I have an 03 with headers, no cats, Mopar exhaust, cold air, 170 tstat, Sct tune. 'Aries' is selling his used Paxton but it doesn't come with a VEC, split second or AEM timer. I was wondering what I would need to install his kit on mine. I want to decide how much it will cost and compare it to just buying a new kit with everything. I guess another question is whether the new kits from Paxton come with everything needed to get the car to its potential?

I know you're the man with the answers (from what I've heard) so let me have it.

Thanks in advance.
Sal

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i forget if his is a stock paxton kit with the stock paxton fuel system. if it is, id get a call into dan lesser (viper specialty) he is pretty much the sct guy here. see what he thinks.

spilt second can be bought pretty cheap i think.

i think when you have higher than the paxton OEM boost (smaller pulley) it will require a SS,vec, or aem. if it has a REAL fuel system, not like the paxton one, you will need a vec, SS or AEM but ask dan.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has a different fuel system but I think he's keeping it for his TT setup.

Also, spoke to Dan and got some answers.

Thanks Plum

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have quite a bit of background tuning the Paxton systems, feel free to call. 310-841-6996.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are looking at around $600-$800 for a split second. I know as I just had to replace mine...

Also, make sure that the paxton is not leaking oil. If so there is another $500 and will take about a month to get it rebuild from Paxton.

I'm pretty knew with it too but have had a lot of guys help me with me questions. If you need anything I'm just an hour or so away just PM me.

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte