Power steering problem.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lately, I've been having some power steering problems or so it seems. The problem is very noticeable at slow speeds. Turning into a parking lot, there seems to be no power in the steering and I've suddenly to use all my strength to make the turn.

It happened once on an entry ramp too. That was a scary situation since I almost didn't make the turn and went towards traffic. Thankfully I'm in good shape physically and was able to swing those massive tires over under my own power. But it did catch me by surprise.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AviP:
Lately, I've been having some power steering problems or so it seems. The problem is very noticeable at slow speeds. Turning into a parking lot, there seems to be no power in the steering and I've suddenly to use all my strength to make the turn.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ideas could be better targeted if we knew th YEAR AND MILES of your car....... is it a Viper?

I suspect (in order) an idler pulley......a worn belt probably due to the idler pulley........and then a p/s pump problem.

Also, depending on THE YEAR MATTERS, there may be a serpentine belt upgrade for you.......a "quiet runner" cross-hatch belt.