Progress!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gtsviper...

Got the same email(see SRT-10 Email thread) and responded by phone and email.
Can't wait for the car...

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from some of our VCA officers what the reason for the email confirmation thing was? They were pretty specific in their language in the email that they wanted ME to verify my intent to purchase the car. They wanted to confirm VIN/Cert# so they wanted to be sure I was who I said I was.

I wonder if this is part of a mechanism whereby they are trying to stop people profiteering on this car?

Joe, Steve - is that what this is all about?

If they "just wanted to check" that I still wanted it - well, wouldn't they be better off doing that AFTER they announced pricing and showed us official pics of silver and black, and told us when to expect our car, and showed us the revised bodywork?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told I would be getting a phone call requesting confirmation of my order. E-mail guys gonna get their cars built first?

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After receiving the email today I called Viper Headquarters and asked them what the cutoff date was to change color selection. They told me 5/20.
Because I apparently will not have an opportunity to see the silver color on the actual car I decide to play it safe and changed my order to red.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Although too late to call Viper HQ (offices are closed for the day), I'm sure this is was just what it stated:

Confirm information and intent.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked for a return email for confirmation on my color change and had it within 30 minutes!

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received an email from DC requesting confirmation of my order for the 03. The email includes the dealership where the car will be delivered, my name and address and the color ordered.
Confirmation must be received by May 20 and the order will be placed in the DC system upon receipt.
Check your email if you registered for your certificate on-line.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I got a 2nd email that was from a different address.

If you confirmed by email and DID NOT get an email back stating that they have received your confirmation, CALL THEM NOW!

Turns out my email had bounced - I guess their 2nd email was actually to correct an address perhaps? Either way, when I called they said they had NOT gotten my email and did NOT have me as a "confirmed" buyer. So better safe than sorry!

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was you guys and I knew that the cars are now starting to
be assembled and Dodge wrote me for a " Confirm information and intent " statement, I'd have to fire back with a

" intent of price " from Dodge statement.

Sounds fair to me... They have the parts and they know how
much they cost them. In my business we dont' start making
our products until we know what the cost is and how much we
are going to charge. Its part of business folks.

This should be a two way street between the supplier and the
customer. Its not like you guys are tire kickers off of the
street.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen