Review: Site Administrators and Moderators

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Lord lighten up, it's a long winter.
I hope no kids saw it, very inappropriate.
You know, the little kids researching Vipers and stuff for their school papers that are always on here....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
about the license plate and as explained before - all avatars must be viper related. we as mods decided that it wasnt clear whether or not the "JIMMY" license plate was even on a viper. we only asked that you remove the picture to keep the avatar policy fair. as suggested before, if you can take a picture of your license plate clearly showing that the plate is on the back of a viper, there wouldnt be any problem at all.

anyway, hope this helps and thanks again for your understanding.

I understand. The point I was trying to make was that my issue/picture was pale in comparison to the dog picture. Think you'd agree. :D Not complaining about it.

I can say every mod on this site I have come across has been very fair. I'd say the moderators are like utility companies...nobody complains when the power is on when you need it but all hell breaks lose when the lights blip.

It's a thankless job but if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen because you will never be able to please 100% of the 100% of the time. Keep up the good work...some of us aren't that clueless about what goes on behind the scenes. :2tu:

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand. The point I was trying to make was that my issue/picture was pale in comparison to the dog picture. Think you'd agree. :D

absolutely agree.

i hope you all know that we werent picking on anyone in particular. we had a couple illegal avatars pop up and decided to do a full sweep of the membership. i think we had about (10?) that didnt conform to policy, and most, unlike yours, were pretty blatant. anyway, they were all removed, notices were sent out, and i think everyone understood, which was greatly appreciated.

94EmeraldGreen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your pm's, you absolutely should have been notified. And I will find out who pulled it and why you were not notified.
But I can tell you why it was pulled. It was the classic "What is my stuff worth post that borders a fine line of being an free classified ad. Our policy on these is to leave them up for a time for you to get an answer (and it seems you got multiple anwers) Then you should have been advised that you needed to put the ad in the classifieds here. As you have chosen not to join VCA that ad would have cost you $30 through paypal. Free if you had joined VCA and all this commentary could have been avoided as you would have just automatically entered an ad and then started a thread and you would have been immune to any removal.
This site survives on advertising revenue alone, we have steadfastly refused to clutter it up with all the junk popups, google ads and other irritating stuff that slow a site down. In order to do that we have to regulate fairly vigorously the attempts to sell in the open forums. Your original post went up 11-28 and was removed to the recycle bin today. That's a pretty good run to get an honest answer as to how much it's worth. Indeed it's such a long exposure that you probably have it sold, the last several posts seem to indicate serious interests and requests to go to PM to talk further.
The only complaint you should have is if this was not explained to you, and I'm gonna be really surprised if I find out it was not explained as that is our policy.
We HATE stuf that just goes "****" Those were the bad old days as some of the oldtimers will remember.
If you place an ad in the classifeds for the item we would be glad to move the thread back (we always preserve these just for that circumstance) and link the classifed in. You can then link an ebay ad in as well and you can post away about the item until it's sold.

Thanks Lee. Still seems a little severe, but I think I understand.
Thread was an honest question no harm intended.
What I got was a **** and notification of the **** laced with accusations.
A warning or explanation FIRST with no insinuation would have been better.

FYI. I haven't sold the top yet. Took pictures last weekend but will get around to it soon. I was a member years ago. somewhere along the line it expired. Will prolly be joining back up soon. Have some e-mails regarding that going on now with Kelly?

keep up the good work.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For my .02, I think this site rocks. It gives alot of leeway for those wanting to debate and spread good humour, but the mods keep everyone inbounds. I stay away from sites like the alley. If I wanted to get s*** all the time, I'd stay at work. This is my relaxation.

You all do a great job, and I applaud you because even when you make a controversal call, you're right there to explain and back up your decision. Keep it up, and KC, I hope you reconsider. You do a great job.

Happy holidays,
~Craig

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kcobean has always been very very fair, and TONS of fun also. :headbang: I'm very sorry to see you leave as a moderator, Kelly. :( Glad you'll still be around though! :) ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo