Dick Dale - "Misitlou"
Eric Clapton - "*******"
Van Halen - "Eruption"
Radiohead - Paranoid Android"

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay-Z "Big Pimpin" :headbang:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or, SNOOP D O DOUBLE G!! :cool:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION
2004 PORSCHE 996 TT CAB (SOLD)
2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait...stop....we have moved into rap?

OK, I am outta here.

There is no sanity.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the Rap music is very good - I don't like it all but do enjoy several of the artists - it sort of grows on you!
I think Eminem is very talented & love his music.

Some more "old" driving songs;

George Thorogood - Bad To The Bone
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
War - Low Rider
Guess Who - Takin' Care of Business & Clap For The Wolfman
Meatloaf :eek: - Paradise By The Dashboard Lights
Grateful Dead - Truckin
Eagles - Life In The Fast Lane
Heart - Barracuda
Mustang Sally

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snoop ... "Drop it like it's hot" :D

fo shizzle ... :D
NO MERCY, THAT'S THE SHISSSSSZZZZZNIT!!!!! :cool:
2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(OMG...my world is ending around me. I am hoping that you do not see your SRT-10 as bling).

Somehow, I do not think I would cruise about with rap playing...the song style should reflect the car...Bentley and opera....Mercedes and pop classical...BMW and jazz...Corvette and disco...SRT-10 and blues rock...

Then again, as long as it is music, you should play what sounds good to your remaining functional ear.

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait...stop....we have moved into rap?

OK, I am outta here.

There is no sanity.
I thought you had left!!
2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(OMG...my world is ending around me. I am hoping that you do not see your SRT-10 as bling).

Somehow, I do not think I would cruise about with rap playing...the song style should reflect the car...Bentley and opera....Mercedes and pop classical...BMW and jazz...Corvette and disco...SRT-10 and blues rock...

Then again, as long as it is music, you should play what sounds good to your remaining functional ear.

All music is good and should be enjoyed & appreciated....except country & folk.

Hemotox....u gettin old?! "Damn kids and their rap music" syndrome....? ;) LOL

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All music is good and should be enjoyed & appreciated....except country & folk.

Hemotox....u gettin old?! "Damn kids and their rap music" syndrome....? ;) LOL

Blue Grass ***** too ... :2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corvette people say that the SRT-10 sells very well in Appalachia; so I would assume that Blue Grass is de rigeur for Viper cruising in that locale.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corvette people say that the SRT-10 sells very well in Appalachia; so I would assume that Blue Grass is de rigeur for Viper cruising in that locale.

Yup ... nothin' like some Earl Scruggs to get me in the drivin' mood. :headbang:

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like Lester Flat and Earl Scruggs have replaced Lawrence Welk for me since his untimely death at 103. I also tend to like accordian music or someone who plays the comb (not fine tooth comb either; I mean the real deal.

Another road song is "Chosen One" by A2 (it is used as the theme for The Sopranos)

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we talking Gibson Les Paul Standard/Custom music, Charvel (heavy stuff), or Fender Strat/Tele kinda stuff? Nothing like Motley Crue and "Wild Side" to get the blood pumping as you row-thru gears at high RPMs!

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a bit off-topic, but as you know the humbucker sound of a Les Paul (Eg. Slash or Duane Allman for two extremes) is quite a bit different from the single coil sound of a Fender (Eg. Clapton or Buddy Holly for two extremes).

Problem with the big hair bands/spandex groups is that they were created to fill commercial need; they were not musicians with a long term relationship. They were created by corporate America to produce stadium rock. All this happened after the Frampton Comes Alive album created so much revenue that corporate America took notice.

As for using hair bands for cruising music...why not? For me personally, I do not like a chorus of voices, and I felt Nirvana proved (devastating to metal) that grunge needed none of the posing.

But that too is now gone and replaced with....OMG

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But that too is now gone and replaced with....OMG

LOL fear not 'tox. Rock is still going strong. cRAP just gets the commercial airplay. It's easy "music" (if anyone can really call it music) to produce, takes negligible talent and standard beats from royalty-free music libraries.

Like Disco, cRAP too shall pass.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck:

Kidney stones also pass, but in transition, they are quite painful.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, AC/DC "Dirty Deeds". It is merely seven power chords for the intro.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion: The absolute best song for driving is Rush, Red Barchetta. Sad thing is that it has a tempo that really makes you want to drive fast. This has caused speeding tickets in my distant past. If you haven't heard it, this is the theme of the song: Uncle keeps a Red Ferrari Barchetta under a cover in his barn for 50 years so his nephew can drive it on the weekends, but it is illegal in the future to drive fossil fueled cars. He takes it out anyway to race the alloy aircars and kicks thier butts. Some lyrics:

Wind in my hair
Shifting and drifting
mechanical music
Adrenaline surge

Well weathered leather
hot metal and oil
the scented country air
sunlight on chrome
the blur of the landscape
every nerve aware

I can imagine a time when Vipers become illegal. Everyone will drive Hydrogen stuff. Probably California first.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As for using hair bands for cruising music...why not? For me personally, I do not like a chorus of voices, and I felt Nirvana proved (devastating to metal) that grunge needed none of the posing.

Well said. The bottom line is that outdoor driving music is quite different than indoor listening music. My indoor stuff consists of Sinatra, Perry Como, etc. That stuff never leaves my listening room. Likewise, the stuff in the Viper stays in the Viper. It’s kind of odd how that works but I’m sure I’m not the only one.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John:

Methinks that you are not a kid with musical tastes such as that.

At home, I listen to everything, but in the car, I listen to specific things.

In the car, I rarely listen to jazz and classical. At home, I do quite frequently.

XM has been the bane of my existence. It does not exist in my Viper and only exists in one of the two family cars. I hate driving that car. Admittedly, most of what I listen to on XM is news and talk radio.

In the Viper, I fear I am forced to listen to the Corsa system.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
John:

Methinks that you are not a kid with musical tastes such as that.

Well, I’d like to think I’m a bit too young to be listening to crooners but I got a heavy dose when I was a kid. Those crooners may not have been talented musicians or song writers but they sure could sing. However, they’re certainly not Viper compliant.

Back on the subject of Viper tunes – I’ve noticed that the standard radio reception in my Viper is the most anemic I’ve encountered in any car I’ve owned. You folks in urban areas probably don’t really notice. I live in a rural area but we can get most DC radio stations down here. The Viper radio struggles to get anything.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot find an empty spot on the Viper FM dial to use an FM transmitter for the TIVO. We have more FM stations that are conceivable; the content is very poor. XM or Sirius (to me) is a must if you want good, clear and varied content.

Crooners in the Viper would not be ideal unless on a long cruise.

Also, while we list rock as the gold standard for Viper driving...over time that wears thin as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32