OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOMERCY:

Move on with your bad self.

A great song for late night cruising is "Mary Dukes - Too Much to Drink"...slow blues shuffle. Her guitar player is very good.

I still wish they had put a miniplug jack on the dash of the SRT-10 so that an iPOD can be easily moved to and from the Viper.

scottcot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried, really I have. But almost everytime I turn on the radio or try to listen to a CD, I can't stand it. After just a few minutes, I invariably have to turn it off and listen to the music emanating from those two smoking ports at ankle height located to either side as you enter the car.

However - "Navras - Don Davis vs. Juno Reactor", track 16 of the Matrix: Revolutions soundtrack kicks asp. Techno/Rock dueling against Middle Eastern vocals and a tempo that makes you want to keep shifting.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ummm...alrighty then. East meets west in a sushi bar-b-que.

I play a CD of ZL-1 with a roller cam, turn it up very loud. I noted that even with Corsa, the V-10 does seem to sound like a flatulent water buffalo. This cannot be inherent to the V-10 engine. God, I hope not.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Cd changer is loaded with 3 Pink Floyd Discs, 1 Talking Heads, and 2 Jimmy Buffett discs. The Jimmy Buffett really puts you in the mood when on the staring grid at Viped Days. Nothing Like wasting away in Margaritaville with 500+ ponies under your A$$. Then a little Comfortably Numb when you get off the track, not to mention a little Burning Down The House to top it off.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve:

You likely have not listened to Pink Floyd's final CD (as a group) "Final Cut." It is very different (very political), but it is good stuff. They never brought Pulse out in a DVD (in the U.S.) which is a shame.

Pink Floyd is great driving music.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess at least 70% of the time in the Viper is radioless. The stock radio is poor device by most anybody's standards. Belangers make most of the music for us......but a sampling of music in the CD pack might be some: SRV(Tin Pan Alley has taken over as my all time favorite SRV cut), Clapton, Blackfoot(Highway Song has some good guitar work)Taj Mahal(Real Thing--live at the Filmore), Old Allman Bros.,Thin Lizzy--Dedication, a little Keb Mo,Eagles, Bonnie Raitt, Boz Scaggs(Loan me a Dime w/Duane Allman), Derek and the Dominoes(not a bad cut on the entire set),maybe a little Johnny Winter, some old Paul Rodgers/Bad Company.

That'll keep us going for a month or so. Then I refresh the case for a little more of the same. Pink Floyd makes its way in there on occasion as well.

We put 3000 miles on going to Dallas last fall and I'll bet the radio/CD was on for no more than 800 of those miles. I've always been into music, I just don't feel the need to have music on in the Viper. Not so with any other vehicle we own. The Bose Gold system is routinely cranked in the old Eldorado.

Steve

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When stuck in slow moving traffic I like to listen to Dennis Leary's "A$$hole" from his "No Cure For Cancer" CD! Seems to make me feel better!

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My speakers are just about shot already ... nice ...

Now I guess I'll have to **** it out the stereo after Heffner gets done with the TT.

BTW Linkin Park has some good stuff as well. :headbang:

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When weighing all factors, such as your loose definition of music, your apparent abandonment of lyrics, melody, rhythm and intelligibility, and your being utterly unaware that you are still lily white, I do not think that speaker replacement is going to be of assistance.

But...we old folks just do not understand you young people and all of your anger.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My taste in music is EXTREMELY diverse. In my Viper right now I have Marylin Manson, Metallica, Green Day, Nelly and Eminem :eek:

My favorite music would probably be Reggae, (it just does not go well with the Viper ... too laid back).

I may listen to Dean Martin or Frank Sintra and follow that up with some DMX only to be followed by The Cure, Sean Paul or even a touch of classic Queen. Jazz is great, classical is great. The only thing I don't like is Country/Blue Grass.

My musical taste is kind of like my vehicles ... all over the board. :cool:

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of that can be fixed with lithium carbonate, but I suppose that would be a downer.

Aside from the Rap, my tastes are equally as diverse. However, I would also add in classical, opera, jazz and...country. (sorry)

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice, Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony neck - cherry sunburst), Dimarzio super distortion humbuckers, Marshall JCM800 tube amp, cool tubes pre-amp boost, turn that sucker up to 11 and hit an "E" power chord - thats what I'm talking about - raw power - feel it from your toes to your nose - Alice Cooper "Im Eighteen" - a great tune - New York Dolls, very early Kiss - now thats rock and roll - for that matter how-about Rick Derringer and "Rock and Roll Hootchie Koo"!

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or...a Fender Strat with birdeye maple neck, three EMG active P/Us played through a Turbo Rat into a Marshall Anniversary stack and/or using the new Boss GT-8 processor.

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:cool:
Ok folks, let me tell you'll bout some good cruising music, anything by Beausoleil!
Now this be some good ole get down Cajun stuff!
Let the good times roll :D

:usa: :2tu:

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, now are we talking Ibanez JEMs, Charvels, or the RICH guitars (old Joe Perry circa late 70s early 80s) - was more of a Tube Screamer guy then the RAT stomp boxes - how about an old Ibanez Phase Shifter or Flanger stomp box through the Tube Screamer - great stuff - or perhaps the old Fender Princeton Reverb or better yet the classic AMPEG V4 with a 2 4x4 cabinets - great stuff!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question: What 6 discs are in your changer right now?

1)Godsmack
2)Garth Brooks, Live
3)RHCP, Californication
4)Cindy Lauper, Greatest Hits
5)Brad Paisley, Mud on the Tires
6)Rush, Chronicles

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All CDs in my changer are compilations (home brewed)...except one...recently bought Randy Newman's Greatest Hits. What a marvelous mind he has.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When passing other cars, play ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST by QUEEN. When just enjoying the day... IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY . BY U2

Dash Riprock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Homemade compilation a lot of hard rock motley crue,etc
Blackfoot Strikes
Skynyrd Nuthin Fancy
Aerosmith Toys in the Attic
SRV and Jimmy Vaughn Family Ties
Jet

2004 Srt10

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my car for over a month before I even knew it had a 6 disk changer. I kept wondering what that "1-6" display meant. Heck, I just figured out how to turn the fog lights on last weekend. One of these days I'll figure out how to drive it.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE:
"I had my car for over a month before I even knew it had a 6 disk changer. I kept wondering what that "1-6" display meant. Heck, I just figured out how to turn the fog lights on last weekend. One of these days I'll figure out how to drive it."

That almost sounds like a country song :laugh: ..

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
QUOTE:
"I had my car for over a month before I even knew it had a 6 disk changer. I kept wondering what that "1-6" display meant. Heck, I just figured out how to turn the fog lights on last weekend. One of these days I'll figure out how to drive it."

That almost sounds like a country song :laugh: ..

Yep - "I Got The Poser-boy Blues"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21