SC question

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what a used Roe SC would run? I know a lot of things play a factor (wear, millage, etc) But trying to get a general idea. Also I heard these can not be purchased new anymore? If they can anyone have a price? If not how much were they new when available? I know I could search, but I have, and the search stuff does not seem to work as well for me as it once did.

Also I have a Gen 2 GTS. I have seen a few used shoot for around 5-6K.

Thanks for the help peopel!

-Tim

Reaction score
when buying used you will find that there are parts that need replacing or are missing which can make installing a real pain for whoever is doing it. I would make sure that everything (get a list of parts that come in the kit off the installation manual) is accounted for, some of these things are hard to get and can be costly. additionally if the person removing a system just neuters everything to get it out fast you will have no fun re installing it. FWIW

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when buying used you will find that there are parts that need replacing or are missing which can make installing a real pain for whoever is doing it. I would make sure that everything (get a list of parts that come in the kit off the installation manual) is accounted for, some of these things are hard to get and can be costly. additionally if the person removing a system just neuters everything to get it out fast you will have no fun re installing it. FWIW

My thoughts exactly. From my understanding the used kits aren't much cheaper then the kit new (a few grand at most) So that was another factor I was thinking. Having NOT SC'ed anything before I am still on the fence about buying used.

I do plan on doing the install myself and taking to a tuner afterwards. I know a local guy that did the same, and loves everything about the install/tune/final product and he is going to let me take a look and ask Q's in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the help! And any pricing info would be great.

-Tim

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. I really love the car too, but I also love the SRT coupes. I would supercharge it because it may promote me to want to keep it, and I know what pretty much whatever I put into the supercharger I would be able to get most back out of it.

Anyone know how much/if I can get a new Roe setup??

I know I should just call Job B, but I hate to bother when I am just on the fence about it.

PS, talked to a guy that would trade my GTS for his 06 FE if mine was SC or TT.....

Win Win I guess.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon will not sell you a Roe setup. He does not care for modifications like that to the Viper because it does make it somewhat unreliable over stock (and yes I know you can tune it good but your forcing more HP where it was not before, more wear and tear)

Yes you can find them for around 5k or so. I do know someone selling a setup but it is not a normal Roe setup, it is much more inclusive and slightly more expensive. I believe EllowViper was looking to go twin turbo so contact him. Also if you are serious about having a Roe setup just post a want thread, one will work its way out of the bushes.

Honestly if I were you I would just make life easy, sell me your car for 30 and put a nice down payment on a Gen 4. :) I wouldn't admit to anyone what I paid, just call it a military discount :). (It would be a hard choice for me considering DC's 700hp 99 for sale for 32)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
roe racing sells roe SC's if they are available but i dont think so. buy a COMPLETE used unit, send it off to roe to have him go thru it for piece of mind, install it. then bring it right to a tuner for some good tuning. use whatever engine management the tuner tells you to use.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon will not sell you a Roe setup. He does not care for modifications like that to the Viper because it does make it somewhat unreliable over stock (and yes I know you can tune it good but your forcing more HP where it was not before, more wear and tear)

Yes you can find them for around 5k or so. I do know someone selling a setup but it is not a normal Roe setup, it is much more inclusive and slightly more expensive. I believe EllowViper was looking to go twin turbo so contact him. Also if you are serious about having a Roe setup just post a want thread, one will work its way out of the bushes.

Honestly if I were you I would just make life easy, sell me your car for 30 and put a nice down payment on a Gen 4. :) I wouldn't admit to anyone what I paid, just call it a military discount :). (It would be a hard choice for me considering DC's 700hp 99 for sale for 32)

Yeah I will sell you the car for 30, but with stock wheels back on!!!

I don't know what is up with that SC DC has, that is CHEAP, that thing is ACR badged as well..... I have told some people about it, but nobody has made a move on it yet. I guess the miles are tough.

PS thanks for the info. I think id rather buy new, unless I know the seller very well.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I will sell you the car for 30, but with stock wheels back on!!!

I don't know what is up with that SC DC has, that is CHEAP, that thing is ACR badged as well..... I have told some people about it, but nobody has made a move on it yet. I guess the miles are tough.

PS thanks for the info. I think id rather buy new, unless I know the seller very well.

There are no new Roe superchargers out there unless someone bought it years ago and never installed it and that person could command a serious premium now for that. Many people on here know EllowViper both on the forums and personally. He is a stand up guy if you were interested.

I don't like the look of the black stock wheels on your car, looks over done but the aftermarkets compliment it. I am not sure why since thy are both black but it is what it is.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no new Roe superchargers out there unless someone bought it years ago and never installed it and that person could command a serious premium now for that. Many people on here know EllowViper both on the forums and personally. He is a stand up guy if you were interested.

I don't like the look of the black stock wheels on your car, looks over done but the aftermarkets compliment it. I am not sure why since thy are both black but it is what it is.

Yeah I guess when you drop 10K on wheels and tires your going to get something a little special to show for your money (although I would never buy HRE's again).

Do you think you could get me EllowViper direct email?? I am still fairly new to the site, and havn't quite figured out how to navigate it completly. I had a hard time using the forum as it was, then everything got jumbled up into this new setup.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM John. Mine is actually off the car right now since I pulled the transmission and figured I'd play around with the system (manifold specifically) some more during my down time (going to open up the plenum hopefully another liter or so underneath...I have an interesting idea). I'm on the fence regarding selling it since it is such darn'd fun...and as you know, its not a system for the feint of heart. Upgraded 2.8H blower, modified manifold, Siemens DEKA IV #60 injectors, 10 PSI pulley, and so on. But it is a complete kit with the VEC (software, card reader/writer) and other than the tubes painted Yellow...damn near new. Some have PM'd me urging me to keep it since they regret getting rid of their ROEs and going TT. Yeah...flame away but I have the names of those living with regret. Unless I can get $7600.00 for this upgraded system, I'm keeping it.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Price sounds fair for sure! I was hoping to stay around 5-6K, sounds like you have A LOT more then the average.

I will have to put some thought into that for sure and possibly get back with you. I am also debating TT, but ??????????????????????

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Price sounds fair for sure! I was hoping to stay around 5-6K, sounds like you have A LOT more then the average.

I will have to put some thought into that for sure and possibly get back with you. I am also debating TT, but ??????????????????????

His setup is the 2nd best Roe setup you can do with only 1 other member running a 3.6 blower to my knowledge but that requires the aftermarket hood.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably don't want to make an offer on mine right now. I have the manifold literally chopped-up right now creating additional volume in the available area underneath the manifold between the heads (there is actually a lot of unused room under the ROE manifold) . I had done some basic web-based computations and determined the current manifold/plenum volume were too small for a 488 CID engine; especially in vacuum. I took a bunch of measurements and layed-out an integral 18x4x3 air-to-water intercooler that I was originally going to incorporate in the design as well, but right now I think I'm just going to go with the modified plenum. The way its designed, I can always fab-up the intercooler at another time if I desire. I believe the volume I'm adding will be more than 1 ltr. I'll start another separate thread on this project soon.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay anyone have a Paxton Setup? New Used? Price??? I really am trying to ball on a budget here. Did paint/Hre's this year and looking at some other business things. Still want to have some fun on the weekends when not working all the time!

Thanks people!

-Tim

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modified manifold will be back from the fabricators by this weekend. $400 bucks for the job ***** but that's the price to play these days.