sct progammer results yet???

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys...Just read this over on the viper store...

Dodge VIPER SRT-10 (2004-2006) SCT XCalibrator 2 Custom PCM Flash Device
Up to 30 HP!

Adding up to 30 rear wheel horsepower and 35 rear wheel torque has never been this easy and inexpensive! This SCT flash device allows quick and easy power upgrades by simply plugging it into your diagnostic computer port and downloading one of the low, medium or high performance custom tunes made The SCT XCalibrator 2 arrives to you with 3 performance tunes, custom written and tested and includes- the skip shift feature turned off, disabled downstream O2 sensors for "off road" cat delete and programming to turn the fan on at 181 degrees versus the stock setting of 210 degrees. This versatile tool also allows the user to diagnose check engine lights and clear trouble codes. Your factory tune will never be lost either as the XCalibrator 2 has the ability to store it if you ever choose to go back to the factory settings. All these features make this device a "must have" for all GEN3 Viper owners. The following performance gains were recorded on our in-house dyno using 93 octane fuel : Rear Wheel HP / Rear Wheel Torque gains @ RPM are; 5 HP / 13 TQ @ 2,000 RPM, 6 HP / 13 TQ @ 2,500 RPM, 7 HP / 14 TQ @ 3,000 RPM, 20 HP / 30 TQ @ 3,500 RPM, 25 HP / 31 TQ @ 4,000 RPM, 30 HP / 35 TQ @ 4,500 RPM, 25 HP / 26 TQ @ 5,000 RPM, 12 HP / 11 TQ @ 5,500 RPM. These tunes were carefully created and tested to allow maximum performance without engine pinging.
NOTE : Please list in the "comments" section when ordering the year of the vehicle and modifications done to it.

those appear to be some solid gains and similar to what my 2,600.00 aem did for my 99 viper...Any real world results???

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two of them. Both on 06s. One is from Roe. The other from DC.

They work great. Really "cleans up" the way the car runs. Feels a lot stronger, especially in the midrange.
And...
They are an OBD code reader too.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two of them. Both on 06s. One is from Roe. The other from DC.

They work great. Really "cleans up" the way the car runs. Feels a lot stronger, especially in the midrange.
And...
They are an OBD code reader too.

I'm about to order one for my '03. Is there much difference between the DC and ROE? ROE is $100 cheaper, but if the DC is better, that's the way I want to go.

Thanks.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
read somewhere recently that dan at viper specialty is cheapest.

id assume the extra cost is experience with tuning cars. i would assume DC has done more than the other 2 put together but what do i know. id buy from any of the 3 mentioned.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my SCT pre-owned and purchased the tunes from Roe (91 oct, 94 oct, Valet) who sent them to me via email. I've been VERY happy with them. As others have said, it just 'cleans up' the engine's performance. I felt like I had a whole new gear to work with. :)

Sorry I don't have dyno numbers, but I'd expect decent gains with tunes/tuners from Roe, DC, or any of the other vendors here.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to order one for my '03. Is there much difference between the DC and ROE? ROE is $100 cheaper, but if the DC is better, that's the way I want to go.

Thanks.

There is a mild difference. But on different cars it is hard to tell.

I recently loaded both 'tunes' in the same SCT programmer.
So I will be able to compare the DC and Roe tunes'....
- on the same car
- within 5 minutes of each other
- on a dyno

Unfortunately the weather/streets are bad right now. I do have a dyno appt. for March 20.....:dunno:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

- on the same car
- on a dyno

Unfortunately the weather/streets are bad right now. I do have a dyno appt. for March 20.....:dunno:

That would be great! Definitely let me know what you find. If you can PM me when you have the results, I would appreciate it. I guess I'll let you be the guinea pig. I'll just drive around with the CEL on until then.:)

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't buy the SCT from the Viper Store--it says under the Ram SRT-10 section their tunes are written by Roe, and the text for their blurbs is lifted directly from Roe's website. You can get it for much cheaper direct from Roe.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
id assume the extra cost is experience with tuning cars.

Cost is a function of quantity more than anything I would assume. Other than that, all I can tell you is that we are one of SCT's top 5 DCX dealers, have been with them since the beginning on this product, and helped develop the software over that time period. Also of note is that we all price our products differently; I do not supply 3 tunes, unless REQUESTED to do so for an extra charge. I figure why charge for octane ratings you may never use in your area... but if you want them, we can put them in. If you factor in the tune differences, the price gap is a little closer.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

- on the same car
- on a dyno

Tree,

Any updates on this after your dyno time. I'm planning on ordering one really soon. I would like to know what you found out.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im the origional poster and i bought one from viper specialty..heres my opinion

-Best 400$ I ever spent on a car

-skip shift eliminated!!!

-check engine light from being catless eliminated!!!

-Jerkies at low rpm's greatly improved..Still "slightly their" on ocassion but nonthing like with the stock pcm were every time you cruise in first gear the car will **** till you give enough gas...

-Exhaust note is much nicer

-popping from exhaust on decel is eliminated..Some people like the popping..I on the other hand dont want my 83K Viper sounding like a head and cammed no headers Camaro...And Im happy the popping is gone.

Now to the added performance. The first time I got on it with the sct installed I new I had more power...The car spun from 40-60 mph (ON ACCIDENT) wow ...never done that before I thought with a big grin...

My car has... arrow roller rockers/no cats/titanium exhaust/KN filters at around 490 rwhp...

My buddy has a C6Z06 with a very mild cam and intake and tune at 500 rwhp...

We decided to do a before race with my stock pcm and then race again after I got the SCT installed...

Before the sct off the stock tune we went 4 times and overall he was ahead 1.5-2 cars every time

1 week later after the sct we went agin...This time it was dead even..we were so close that re went 10 times and were door to door

I dont have any dyno numbers..But honestly I dont need them. Real added performance on the street is what I can vouch for

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very interested in the sct and have some questions if anyone can answer.
I have a vec 3 with Roe s/c 8.5 lbs- Belanger headers, no cats, roe heads, 1.7 T&D, RT exhaust, w/m injection, innovative wide band.

Car dynoed at 639.
I would like to car to run better in midrange and it is very rich there. I would also like to get rid of the check engine light for the rear cats.
There isn't a lot of info out there for using the tuning software. Can I send in some of my vec 3 logs and get a tune on the sct made up from that.
I was thinking I would flash with the tune from the sct and then continue using the vecs 3 for logging and closed loop tuning.

Thanks
Gary

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960