1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seatbelt stickers on visors GONE

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by Mopar Steve, May 2, 2011.

1. Mopar Steve

Mopar Steve Enthusiast

It was a little scary taking these off. If I screwed this up my visors would be junk. Some heat, and patience is really all it took. I was able to pick an edge, get it very warm, not hot, and slowly but firmly pull and off they came.

The visors look so much cleaner without these stickers. I recommend this highly.

Removed without a trace!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood Enthusiast

...blow dryer, heat gun, other?

3. Mopar Steve

Mopar Steve Enthusiast

Actually I left that part out on purpose. I was a little embarrassed to admit what I did. I looked for my heat gun, but couldn't find it so I used a propane torch. :omg:

4. GreenVenom

GreenVenom Enthusiast

When I did mine the area the sticker was at could still be seen as a darker spot, any suggestions?

5. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Guest

I suggest you use a screwdriver and remove them. :D

6. johniew398

johniew398 Enthusiast

Wow! I think I will just leave mine. Don't like them but with my luck I would catch the Viper on fire.

7. eucharistos

eucharistos Enthusiast

:2tu:

8. goldcup

goldcup Enthusiast

Previous owner pulled the stickers and its left a dark spot. I havent spent any time trying to remove but would expect some tupe of solvent might remove it. Im an OEM kind of guy and would have left them although they look better without.

9. ROCKET62

ROCKET62 Has Left the Room!

I have a better idea for you - remove the entire visor! One of the best mods ever on a vert!

10. goldcup

goldcup Enthusiast

I'll bet my GenII visors were useless the visors on my ACR are better but you can still see worthless from here!

11. 351carlo

351carlo Enthusiast

I love the visors for wind blockers. I'm a bit taller though so it might just be me, but positioning them to direct air away from my head is great on the highway.

12. Paul Hawker

Paul Hawker Enthusiast

Simply switch them side to side and the stickers are now not seen from the inside or with top on.

They are pretty useless as sun blockers without blocking out most of the windshield. They come totally off pretty easily. If you change your mind they are easily reinstalled.

13. Supr_Vlln

Supr_Vlln Viper Owner

I just had them recovered at an auto upholstery shop. I have a coupe and I kept them because they are great for blocking your face from ticket cameras...er...um... from what I hear ;)

14. swexlin

swexlin Viper Owner

I have wanted to do that with the stickers on my truck visors, but never have. For 7 years they have bothered me! As for the Viper - it doesn't have visors - the previous owner removed them for some reason. To tell the truth, I don't miss 'em, and it gives the car a "cleaner" look with the top down.

15. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Guest

SRT10 luuks effin stoopid wit dem on.

16. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

I like having stickers on my car that say Death or serious injury may occur. (OK, I know it means don't let kids ride in it) Isn't there one on the door sill that says something about this is not a real roll bar and you will die if you drive this car. lol

17. TowDawg

TowDawg Enthusiast

BINGO!!!
    That's the first thing I did when I got mine home. If I had a coupe, I wouldn't have bothered, but they look ridiculous on a vert sticking up above the windshield frame!

18. Viper X

Viper X Former VCA National President VCA Member

Agree the stickers look pretty bad but .....

In slow to moderate traffic on warm days in a vert the visors do a pretty good job of directing outside air onto the occupants and help keep you cooler.:drive:

19. ulllose

ulllose Viper Owner

took mine off and have never missed them
    But damn you used a propane torch.......lol

20. Bad Asp 06

Bad Asp 06 Enthusiast

I was thinking about making a alternative sticker just to go over the original ones that said something cooler than no kids in the front seat.
    I too like seeing the death or bodily harm warnings on the car. It tell people that this car is not for the faint of heart.

21. GreenVenom

GreenVenom Enthusiast

I always wondered why they used stickers that said kids would be safer in the back seat on the Viper :•\

22. J&R3xV10

J&R3xV10 Enthusiast

:2tu: After reading this I had to go out and try it on mine. It took about 2-3 minutes with a hair dryer. The hardest part was getting the corner started, then I switched to cool air blower to retighten the visor fabric. Looks WAY better!! Thanks for the good advice:2tu:

23. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Enthusiast

I like mine :) I think there rather funny :D

Especially the bit about the back seat :rolaugh:

24. thompsonracing

thompsonracing Viper Owner

They flipped down in my face at about 100mph. They came off as soon as I got home from the dealer the first night! Visibility is limited as is, they do not work on a roadster!

Agree with the other posts, best way to fix is removing the entire visor.

25. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Enthusiast

For me, they're original so I leave them. They look a lot like the stickers in the old Grand Cherokees....

The visors are only good for blocking the wind, they are useless for the sun...if you put them down, you have now blocked out a good part of your vision through the windshield....who the heck designed these anyway???? Get a good pair of sunglasses!

26. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Enthusiast

+1 my experience exactly in my 03 vert. A big help in cooling the occupants....most never tried it and just continue to cook.

Bill

27. Lespauldude

Lespauldude Viper Owner

"I love the visors for wind blockers. I'm a bit taller though so it might just be me, but positioning them to direct air away from my head is great on the highway."

Ditto here. Being 6'4" every bit helps.

28. Andrew2KRT10

Andrew2KRT10 Enthusiast

I left my stickers on and recovered them in black leather. Came out good. I remember when I did it, I did another pair for someone I think in Yellow to match his interior. If anyone wants it done, pm me.

29. Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes Enthusiast

I have a friend who had a GTS, and what he did was reverse them (driver's side to passenger, and visa versa). This put the warning label on top and out of sight in the visor's normal position.

30. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Enthusiast

Yep that's what I did :)